shocking? picture of baby and breast - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 07-27-2006, 05:08 PM
Beginner

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14065706/ I don't see anything wrong with it....I guess boobs are too sexualized in america. So if pictures of children nursing offend you don't click the link. I just don't see the big deal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-27-2006, 05:17 PM
Beginner

Quote:
"I shredded it," said Gayle Ash, of Belton, Texas, in a telephone interview. "A breast is a breast it's a sexual thing. He didn't need to see that."

It's not being used in a sexual manner when breastfeeding.

Quote:
"Gross, I am sick of seeing a baby attached to a boob," wrote Lauren, a mother of a 4-month-old.

These people need to grow up. It's just breastfeeding for pete's sake! What's the issue here?!?
#3 Old 07-27-2006, 05:21 PM
Beginner

I don't get why people get so squeamish about breastfeeding. I always get stares no matter how much I cover up.
#4 Old 07-27-2006, 05:38 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElliottsMom View Post

I don't get why people get so squeamish about breastfeeding. I always get stares no matter how much I cover up.

i would stare, if it weren't impolite. i'm interested in your breasteses. at least for a few minutes.
#5 Old 07-27-2006, 06:08 PM
Banned

I can think of something non sexual and completely natural that I do with my penis a few times a day. I don't think anyone wants to see that in public or on a magazine, however.
#6 Old 07-27-2006, 06:12 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by remilard View Post

I can think of something non sexual and completely natural that I do with my penis a few times a day. I don't think anyone wants to see that in public or on a magazine, however.

Um. Breasts are not sex organs/genitalia.
#7 Old 07-27-2006, 06:34 PM
Beginner

That cover doesn't offend me and neither does breast feeding, but I do think people can/should be discreet about it.
#8 Old 07-27-2006, 06:36 PM
Beginner

That cover doesn't offend me and neither does breast feeding, but I do think people can/should be discreet about it.
#9 Old 07-27-2006, 07:20 PM
Beginner

Babies need to eat... if a mother is breast feeding, good for her. She should be allowed to do it anywhere w/out ppl making a big deal of it. Animals feed off their mothers' breasts whenever and wherever they need to, humans are the same. I mean, would people rather have a baby go hungry? And, c'mon, some of the clothes some people wear leave nothing to the imagination... breastfeeding is a natural part of life, I think people just need to deal with it.
#10 Old 07-27-2006, 07:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggiejanie View Post

neither is the anus, wanna see me poop? I have to do it everyday yet I am still expected to do it in private.
#11 Old 07-27-2006, 07:31 PM
Beginner

OMGZ child pr0n!! !!1@

on a more serious note:

People getting worked up about that is rediculous. I think it's a beautiful picture!
#12 Old 07-27-2006, 07:38 PM
Beginner

remilard, your analogies aren't working for you.
#13 Old 07-27-2006, 07:38 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggiejanie View Post

well, if that means gals should be able to go topless in public, i'm with you.
#14 Old 07-27-2006, 07:40 PM
Beginner

Quote:

Comparisons like this are moot, because social codes are arbitrary and context-relative - they neither are nor strive to be based on some consistent pattern (like "in whatever context, nudity=inappropriate").

"and I stand

upon a mountain

made of weak and useless men"

#15 Old 07-27-2006, 07:43 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by berrykat View Post

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14065706/ I don't see anything wrong with it....I guess boobs are too sexualized in america. So if pictures of children nursing offend you don't click the link. I just don't see the big deal.

It's less revealing than what you see on most "women's magazines" these days, or Maxim, FHM, etc. You can't even tell it's a breast, really. It could be a knee. People need to remove the sticks from their asses (in private, because no one wants to see that in public).
#16 Old 07-27-2006, 08:00 PM
Banned

is a model holding a child actor's face against her breast really a great tribute to breastfeeding anyway?
#17 Old 07-27-2006, 08:05 PM
Banned

I actually thought that was a really cute picture.
#18 Old 07-27-2006, 08:06 PM
Beginner

Quote:

No, but you can go topless if you want to.
#19 Old 07-27-2006, 08:06 PM
Beginner

Quote:

neither is the anus, wanna see me poop? I have to do it everyday yet I am still expected to do it in private.

hmmm, do you think witnessing breast feeding is as gross as the idea of seeing you poop? blah...
#20 Old 07-27-2006, 08:14 PM
Beginner

I can't say anything. I saw a woman in the men's bathroom once and it took me a while to figure out what her embarrassment was. Baby's gotta eat too, and feeding a baby is a parenting subject.
#21 Old 07-27-2006, 08:18 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElliottsMom View Post

I would stare for a short moment, just because I don't see a woman breastfeeding everyday, then I'd try to politely turn my attention elsewhere for the same reason I would do so if they were covered with bra and blouse.
#22 Old 07-27-2006, 08:21 PM
Beginner

It really bothers me that people see a kid feeding and can't distinguish that from something sexual. And as far as the whole argument about people having to crap in private, the obvious answer is that that's excretment, this is eating. Notice the difference here, in vs. out.
#23 Old 07-27-2006, 08:25 PM
Beginner

Debating culturally acceptable activities doesn't help much. We already know that most people don't want to see other people's breasts, even if they're feeding their kid, just like we know that people don't want to see other people crapping. The question really is do we want to promote breastfeeding for the health of babies, and the quality of the relationship between mothers and babies. If the answer is yes, then a normalisation of the process of breastfeeding, even in public is going to be a good thing. I'd like to hear from anyone who can put forward a argument for social change to a situation where people can crap wherever they want.
#24 Old 07-27-2006, 08:26 PM
Beginner

Quote:

is a model holding a child actor's face against her breast really a great tribute to breastfeeding anyway?

It looks very awkward to me. Does anyone really nurse a kid in that position??
#25 Old 07-27-2006, 08:35 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpickell View Post

No, but you can go topless if you want to.

So can I . . . in Canada.

And the lady who did want her 13yo son to see it needs to wake up. He's likely seen worse magazines than that. I know my sister and friends and I did when we were 13. We weren't exactly interested in women's breasts but there were other things we were interested in and we managed to see them.

It didn't even show as much as Janet Jackson did.
#26 Old 07-27-2006, 08:48 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by gas4 View Post

It really bothers me that people see a kid feeding and can't distinguish that from something sexual. And as far as the whole argument about people having to crap in private, the obvious answer is that that's excretment, this is eating. Notice the difference here, in vs. out.

Is the part of a couple having sex where it goes in okay in public?
#27 Old 07-27-2006, 08:59 PM
Beginner

I breastfeed my son in public and I won't stop doing it. Breasts are intended to nourish children......not for sexual pleasure. Of course it's a bonus that breasts can be used in that manner....but their main purpose is to feed babies.

The lady who didn't want her 13 year old to see a breast...give me a flippin' break. My THREE year old knows that breasts are used to feed a baby!!! I can guarantee her 13 year old has seen a breast or two in magazines/internet/IRL before.

I get so angry when I read things like this. I would never ask anyone to eat their breakfast/lunch/dinner/snacks in the bathroom, hidden in a car, tucked under a blanket, why should my baby have to eat like that? No difference.
#28 Old 07-27-2006, 09:12 PM
Beginner

I find those diaper commercials on tv with nude babies more appauling then that pic.

OhNOES! a baby is eating!
#29 Old 07-27-2006, 09:14 PM
Banned

Pooping is clearly more of a requirement for good health than breastfeeding and for more people. I can poop anywhere I am but when it is in an area with other people I am expected to go somewhere private.
#30 Old 07-27-2006, 09:15 PM
Beginner

You don't live out in the boonies, Remi.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page