High School Hotties, This Poll's for You - VeggieBoards

View Poll Results: How do you feel about adult males thinking of you in sexual terms?
I like it 0 0%
I don't like it 0 0%
I don't care 0 0%
I never knew they were 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

#1 Old 07-01-2005, 04:56 PM

I posted this poll in another forum, and I'm really interested to see how VB women compare in their outlook. Here's the post as I posted it in my previous post:

Quote:
I was just wondering what you girls think of the fact that not only guys YOUR age are ogling you, but guys MY age and even older are looking at you with lust in their eyes as well. I've always been curious. Is it gross, flattering, fun, what?

Gimme your opinions.

I'll post the results from the other poll after a few days, and we can all debate what the comparison means.

The Rev
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-01-2005, 05:02 PM

I'm not anywhere near what most would consider a hottie, but I do get some attention in public, especially when I'm alone. older men ogling me and calling to me from cars and flirting is just weird and creepy and wrong. Boys my age... I'm flattered when they compliment me, I can handle flirting, but I still don't like ogling or catcalls.

And no, I don't dress promiscuously or have anything to ogle. I generally wear a ponytail, a t-shirt and/or a sweatshirt, and no makeup and I've got aa cups.

eta: I graduated high school a year ago, so I don't know if it's my opinion you want, but I'm still younger than some kids who are still in HS, so... I decided it counts.
#3 Old 07-01-2005, 05:14 PM

I’m not in high school so I probably shouldn’t be replying to this thread but I am anyway. I do think it’s odd that older men find 14 and 15 year old “girls” to be sexually appealing. I actually find this poll to be odd (don’t mean to sound like a prude). Maybe not so much the poll itself but for an older man to refer to young girls, as “high school hotties” doesn’t sit right with me. And just looking at angelofdance’s avatar, which I assume is a pic of her face; she looks too young to be discussing what dirty old men think of her. I’m sure I’m just being over protective so sorry for that.

#4 Old 07-01-2005, 05:16 PM

i'm now 20 and haven't been in high school for more than four years, but . . . i've never wanted strangers to ogle or hit on me, whatever their age. if someone wants to appreciate my body as attractive, that's fine, but i don't like the idea of someone i don't even know thinking about me sexually, and i don't want to have to interact with someone who is.
#5 Old 07-01-2005, 05:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaya View Post

Im not in high school so I probably shouldnt be replying to this thread but I am anyway. I do think its odd that older men find 14 and 15 year old girls to be sexually appealing. I actually find this poll to be odd (dont mean to sound like a prude). Maybe not so much the poll itself but for an older man to refer to young girls, as high school hotties doesnt sit right with me. And just looking at angelofdances avatar, which I assume is a pic of her face; she looks too young to be discussing what dirty old men think of her. Im sure Im just being over protective so sorry for that.

You must have missed the "Honest look at hotties" thread. I will paraphrase. Any man who claims to not get wood when he sees a hot 15 year old with a little body is lying.
#6 Old 07-01-2005, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by remilard View Post

You must have missed the "Honest look at hotties" thread. I will paraphrase. Any man who claims to not get wood when he sees a hot 15 year old with a little body is lying.

That's just not right. I'm sorry, I don't mean to be a prude but that bothers me.
#7 Old 07-01-2005, 05:20 PM

And i have to have faith that not all men are like that

...and no i have not seen that thread
#8 Old 07-01-2005, 05:22 PM
Banned

It bothers me too but objection was futile last time and it will be this time as well.
#9 Old 07-01-2005, 05:25 PM

Quote:

It bothers me too but objection was futile last time and it will be this time as well.

Well maybe the objections were by younger men/boys and not older men? I hope.
#10 Old 07-01-2005, 05:29 PM

Tell ya the truth it doesnt happen in my circle of friends. I fail to understand how a grown man can find a high school girl sexualy attractive. I know that it happens but I would like to believe that it's a very small sick minority. I find the title of this thread pretty repusive as well.
#11 Old 07-01-2005, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaya View Post

Well maybe the objections were by younger men/boys and not older men? I hope.

either you're confused or I am.

I believe remilard is saying that he objected to older men looking at young girls in a sexual way, not that objectifying women was okay.

or... maybe I'm confused by what you're saying?

eta: if I'm confused, then why do you hope older men wouldn't object to the idea of dating high school girls? why would you think young men should?
#12 Old 07-01-2005, 05:32 PM

Well, I'm 20 now but when I was 13-17 I got hit on by guys your age and it completely grossed me out. To this day the thought of a middle-aged guy thinking about my 16 year old self makes me want to vomit. What the hell is up with men like that? Oh as soon as they can grow pubes it's not pedophilia anymore.Riiiight. Whatever helps them sleep at night I spose.

I still don't like the idea of guys old enough to be my dad thinking about me like that. Something's just not right about it.
#13 Old 07-01-2005, 05:32 PM

huh...I still get looks and always have somewhat, I don't mind looks, but someone being gross is just someone being gross in my opinion. As for the getting woodies when seeing a girl of fifteen? Yikes. If that's true, things are worse than I thought.

B
#14 Old 07-01-2005, 05:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethanie View Post

huh...I still get looks and always have somewhat, I don't mind looks, but someone being gross is just someone being gross in my opinion. As for the getting woodies when seeing a girl of fifteen? Yikes. If that's true, things are worse than I thought.

B

The poll is asking high school girls how they feel about being ogled by middle aged men, ogling usually involves wood. I don't ogle high school aged women nor am I attracted to them, and I'm not even middle aged.

Of course, I must be lying.
#15 Old 07-01-2005, 05:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelOfDance View Post

I believe remilard is saying that he objected to older men looking at young girls in a sexual way, not that objectifying women was okay.

I pretty much object to borderline pedophilia in all its forms.
#16 Old 07-01-2005, 05:39 PM

I'm sorry, but it really does disgust me. I think there should be a time and place for 'ogling'. Like in bars and weird clubs downtown. Going to the gym and having older men ogling you is one way to kill a workout.
#17 Old 07-01-2005, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelOfDance View Post

either you're confused or I am.

or... maybe I'm confused by what you're saying?

eta: if I'm confused, then why do you hope older men wouldn't object to the idea of dating high school girls? why would you think young men should?

You are misunderstanding me. I'm saying that i can maybe see how a young man of 20 or 25 being attracted to a girl of fifteen but not a man of 40.

edit: or for that matter 30. Even so i do see a difference between 15 year olds and 20 year olds
#18 Old 07-01-2005, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddhadragon View Post

Tell ya the truth it doesnt happen in my circle of friends. I fail to understand how a grown man can find a high school girl sexualy attractive. I know that it happens but I would like to believe that it's a very small sick minority. I find the title of this thread pretty repusive as well.

Agreed! 100%
#19 Old 07-01-2005, 05:55 PM
Baby Love

I'm 28 and I am still disturbed when I notice wrinkly grey haired ole guys eyeing me.
#20 Old 07-01-2005, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinga View Post

I'm 28 and I am still disturbed when I notice wrinkly grey haired ole guys eyeing me.

Im 52 and Im disturbed.
#21 Old 07-01-2005, 06:01 PM
Baby Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddhadragon View Post

Im 52 and Im disturbed.

You're disturbed when you look at me or when ole guys oogle you?
#22 Old 07-01-2005, 06:07 PM

Quote:

You're disturbed when you look at me or when ole guys oogle you?

No..just basicly disturbed..you know..fruit loops, can short of a six pack, elevator dont reach the top disturbed.
#23 Old 07-01-2005, 06:41 PM
Banned

I try to remember that the adult-teen thing is a product of our culture.

But as I am a product of my culture, I will say "ewwwwww put it back in your pants and stop ooglying the kiddies."
#24 Old 07-01-2005, 06:52 PM

I'm kind of confused by the ageism...

There's supposed to be some kind of magical cutoff for being attracted to people because one reaches a certain age? I've not experienced it.

I guess I'm a dirty old woman....
#25 Old 07-01-2005, 06:54 PM
Administrator

Quote:

Sorry.

Follow me on Twitter - @_jorts
#26 Old 07-01-2005, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludi View Post

There's supposed to be some kind of magical cutoff for being attracted to people because one reaches a certain age? I've not experienced it.

I guess I'm a dirty old woman....

Don't you think there's a huge difference between finding a young man in his early twenties attractive vs a high school kid?
#27 Old 07-01-2005, 07:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludi View Post

There's supposed to be some kind of magical cutoff for being attracted to people because one reaches a certain age?

There is a magical cutoff point that someone has to reach before an adult should be attracted to them.

There is nothing good about adults being attracted to emotionally immature children.
#28 Old 07-01-2005, 07:35 PM

I’ve heard that “teenage years” are unique to western society. I realize that other cultures do marry young and at one point I was doing some research for a paper about young girls (paper was really about FGM) and found info about girls that are promised at the age of 8-9, married at 12-13and pregnant at the age of 13-14. Many of these girls end up with fistula injuries and other complications and that just goes to show that even though some cultures condone/endorse young relationships, the female human body (under the age of 17) is not physiologically mature enough to carry. Therefore in my eyes should not be seen in a sexual light, as they are still children who are developing.

edit: just to share, I saw an awesome documentary about this married couple who were gynecologists helping young mothers in Africa. I think the husband died but the female physician is still over there at 81! Here’s a link to the same story if any one’s interested.http://www.scienceinafrica.co.za/2005/april/fistula.htm
#29 Old 07-01-2005, 09:16 PM

Quote:

The poll is asking high school girls how they feel about being ogled by middle aged men, ogling usually involves wood. I don't ogle high school aged women nor am I attracted to them, and I'm not even middle aged.

Of course, I must be lying.

I got the point of the poll...oh, I was only supposed to respond if I WAS a high school hottie to let people know if it grossed me out or not. The answer was, yes it did gross me out. When I was in grade and high school, I knew men who were pedophiles and preyed on girls. There's nothing sexy/normal/or not gross about this. I don't think in general it happens. I think it's a minority.

B
#30 Old 07-01-2005, 09:53 PM

My take on the title; I think it identifies a problem. Calling a high school girl a "hottie" is labling them in sexual terms, which is inappropriate, considering the age of the OP.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page