Chick Fil A president of public relations dies - VeggieBoards

Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 07-27-2012, 07:32 PM
Beginner

http://dailycaller.com/2012/07/27/report-chick-fil-as-public-relations-director-dead-of-heart-attack/

Heart attack today.

Anyone else join me in prayers/thoughts for his family?

He was human after all.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-27-2012, 08:16 PM
Veggie Regular

I know almost nothing about him so I'm neither going to gloat nor mourn his death. I currently work for a business who I don't agree with though (they sell and prepare meat), so I'm not going to condemn him for his job. 

#3 Old 07-28-2012, 10:32 AM
Super Moderator

Appx. 155000 people every day. Some days one dies that I've cared about. His death I did not.

Why are you asking this? Do you really think we'd feel anything for someone who not advocates animal abuse, but also actively opposes human rights? And profits heavily from it?

I'm not for celebrating, but I really don't care. 

I will say it went through my head that maybe god was sending a message wink3.gif You know, like in response to the presidents words on "bringing the wrath of god"...

So what about the other 154999 people? You have no prayers, or thoughts for their families? huh.gif You felt this man worthy of special attention?

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good

#4 Old 07-28-2012, 12:01 PM
I ♥ Vegan Guys ◕‿◕

Even though I don't agree with what he promotes, I'm not going to say that he is unworthy of our considerations. I don't do prayers but I wish the best and my condolences to whomever his sudden death may have affected.

"Why should man expect his prayer for mercy to be heard by What is above him when he shows no mercy to what is under him?" ~Pierre Troubetzkoy
#5 Old 07-28-2012, 12:22 PM

I'm not making special prayers or thoughts for the families of all the other people who die every day - some of whom I would actually really mourn if I knew them.  Why would I do it for this guy?

Also, from outside you never really know how people react to the death of someone ostensibly close to them.  I've known people who were - if not exactly happy or relieved, then not bothered - when their family member dies.  For all I know he was a wife beater or child molester.  In my own family there are thieves and extremely destructive people and it will probably be a relief to some close to them when they die.  If anything they need prayers when the person is alive so they can deal with them.

"If you want to know where you would have stood on slavery before the civil war, don't look at where you stand on slavery today, look at where you stand on animal rights." - Paul Watson.

Every animal you eat
was running for her life

#6 Old 07-30-2012, 04:55 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irizary View Post
 In my own family there are thieves and extremely destructive people and it will probably be a relief to some close to them when they die.  If anything they need prayers when the person is alive so they can deal with them.

We dont have any of those in my family, but there are a few that might be happy when I die.

Then the family can put this whole gay relative thing behind them and begin their healing process.laugh.gif

#7 Old 07-30-2012, 05:08 AM

In situations like this, I think sometimes we feel the need to note a persons death after we have smeared there name and been their accusers. 

I think no matter how much we dislike someone, when they die (or go through something else terribly tragic), we suddenly feel just a bit guilty...Just a bit...

#8 Old 07-30-2012, 06:49 AM
Beginner

Fortunately, I have not smeared his name or am I guilty of speaking poorly about him, or anyone else (except obama but he deserves it)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page