Wife tries to accidentally-on-purpose get pregnant, then discover's hubby's vasectomy - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 11-29-2011, 12:12 PM

Quote:
DEAR AMY: Three years ago when I started dating my husband, I asked him about kids and he said, "I could never have kids." Then I asked about what would happen if I got pregnant, and he said we would raise the child together.

[...]

The problem is that once we got married (five months ago), I realized that having a child is a big priority for me and that I was running out of time.

I knew it was wrong, but I would accidentally-on-purpose skip days of my birth control, eventually ceasing to take the pills at all. I knew that if we had a child, my husband would grow to love it.

The problem was that, after months of this, I never conceived. A few weeks ago, I finally decided to broach the topic again with my husband.

I discovered that he had a vasectomy a year before we met!

- Source

LOL!

I think these individuals are made for each other.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-29-2011, 12:15 PM

What do you bet, he gets it reversed?
#3 Old 11-29-2011, 12:17 PM

Agree they deserve each other.

Withholding that one is infertile or sterilized from your partner before getting married = unbelievable, "accidentally" trying to get pregnant and bring a child into the world that your spouse doesn't want, more believable but equally reprehensible.
#4 Old 11-29-2011, 12:19 PM

he ain't gonna get it reversed. plus, often that doesn't work.

all praise to him for being so vague and noncommunicative.

The Big Bad.
#5 Old 11-29-2011, 01:17 PM
Banned

deleted

#6 Old 11-29-2011, 01:20 PM

Dtmfa (both of them)
#7 Old 11-29-2011, 01:31 PM

I guess it's best for dishonest people to be together. At least this way they both get a taste of their own medicine.

"I am a woman of science. At least that's what my horoscope said."
#8 Old 11-29-2011, 01:39 PM
Banned

deleted

#9 Old 11-29-2011, 01:44 PM

Weird.
I wonder how often that happens. I bet it's more often than any of us would imagine.
#10 Old 11-29-2011, 03:04 PM

Am I the only one who sees the woman's action as much worse here? I do agree the dishonesty was crappy on his part though.

We are all copies of the same machine. 

#11 Old 11-29-2011, 03:07 PM

Her story doesn't make sense. She married a person who said he'd never been able to have children and then expected to get pregnant by sabotaging their birth control?
#12 Old 11-29-2011, 04:08 PM
Ankle Biter

What a great relationship.

It is our choices that show what we truly are far more than our abilities. ~A. Dumbledore
#13 Old 11-29-2011, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy View Post

What a great relationship.

I can't believe you'd say that. I think it's the exact opposite, to be honest.

The Big Bad.
#14 Old 11-29-2011, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornsail View Post

Am I the only one who sees the woman's action as much worse here? I do agree the dishonesty was crappy on his part though.

I agree that what she did was worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by delicioso View Post

Her story doesn't make sense. She married a person who said he'd never been able to have children and then expected to get pregnant by sabotaging their birth control?

I think you may be misunderstanding what he meant by "I could never have kids." His wife (and I'm assuming everyone who has responded in the thread) took it to mean that he didn't want any kids, not that he'd never been able to have them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unovegan View Post

Thanks for almost making me spit out my drink.

"I am a woman of science. At least that's what my horoscope said."
#15 Old 11-29-2011, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonerism View Post

Thanks for almost making me spit out my drink.

That's what i'm here for. To make the ladies spit out their drinks. it's a thing i'm into.

The Big Bad.
#16 Old 11-29-2011, 04:37 PM
Banned

Well, fancy that!
#17 Old 11-29-2011, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonerism View Post

I think you may be misunderstanding what he meant by "I could never have kids." His wife (and I'm assuming everyone who has responded in the thread) took it to mean that he didn't want any kids, not that he'd never been able to have them.

I would take it to mean he couldn't have kids. If you don't want kids, you say I don't ever want kids.

I agree, they deserve each other. This is one of the big things that you don't try to change someone's mind on.
#18 Old 11-29-2011, 04:40 PM
Ankle Biter

Quote:

Yep. He won't speak up and she won't listen....sounds like a pretty workable strategy imo.

It is our choices that show what we truly are far more than our abilities. ~A. Dumbledore
#19 Old 11-29-2011, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy View Post

Yep. He won't speak up and she won't listen....sounds like a pretty workable strategy imo.

Silence is golden. Enjoy the Silence.

The Big Bad.
#20 Old 11-29-2011, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post

I would take it to mean he couldn't have kids. If you don't want kids, you say I don't ever want kids.

Yeah, but the letter also says that she asked him what they would do if she got pregnant, and he said that they would raise the baby. Why would he have said that if he knew he couldn't have kids, unless he was trying to make her believe that he could but just didn't want to?
#21 Old 11-29-2011, 04:50 PM

Well given the way this played out it should have ended like this:

Wife gets pregnant by husband's friend because she feels betrayed, lonely etc and everyone pretends they don't know what the other one does and that the kid doesn't look like the friend. Kid grows up calling bio dad "uncle ______". How pissed would this guy be raising that kid thinking he had safety, that his sperm was on lock down from this sperm smuggler.
#22 Old 11-29-2011, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AspireToInspire View Post

Well given the way this played out it should have ended like this:

Wife gets pregnant by husband's friend because she feels betrayed, lonely etc and everyone pretends they don't know what the other one does and that the kid doesn't look like the friend. Kid grows up calling bio dad "uncle ______". How pissed would this guy be raising that kid thinking he had safety, that his sperm was on lock down from this sperm smuggler.

Did you really feel the need to post your history???

The Big Bad.
#23 Old 11-29-2011, 05:00 PM

Quote:

Did you really feel the need to post your history???

Well, that bitch did me dirty.
#24 Old 11-29-2011, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornsail View Post

I do. He told her he didn't want kids, and she was okay with it, apparently. He should have told her about the vasectomy, so she could have stopped taking birth control, but trying to trick someone into parenthood is really ****ed. That's creating life people, think it through!
#25 Old 11-30-2011, 12:11 AM

You have to wonder what else they would lie about if they would both be so dishonest about something like birth control.
#26 Old 11-30-2011, 12:40 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazyeeqen View Post

I do. He told her he didn't want kids, and she was okay with it, apparently. He should have told her about the vasectomy, so she could have stopped taking birth control, but trying to trick someone into parenthood is really ****ed. That's creating life people, think it through!

Seriously. His lie was absolutely horrible (and confusing, birth control is expensive and annoying, why on earth would he not say anything?) but hers really takes the cake. It takes a special kind of crazy/evil/stupid to try to steal sperm like that. As a woman I would be incredibly filled with rage if my boyfriend 'accidentally' broke/forgot the condom because he wanted a baby and this isn't any better. It's awful for the unwilling parent and especially the child that would be created out of that lunacy.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#27 Old 11-30-2011, 02:30 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatricious View Post

Yeah, but the letter also says that she asked him what they would do if she got pregnant, and he said that they would raise the baby. Why would he have said that if he knew he couldn't have kids, unless he was trying to make her believe that he could but just didn't want to?

Because him and his matey had this planned out in advance ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by AspireToInspire View Post

Wife gets pregnant by husband's friend because she feels betrayed, lonely etc and everyone pretends they don't know what the other one does and that the kid doesn't look like the friend. Kid grows up calling bio dad "uncle ______".

As Jesus might have said, but didn't, "Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his wife for his friends"
#28 Old 11-30-2011, 02:32 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazyeeqen View Post

That's creating life people, think it through!

Ignore the krazee lady people!

Start thinking stuff like that through properly and you will go 'mad' and become unpopular.
#29 Old 11-30-2011, 04:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forster View Post

Agree they deserve each other.

Withholding that one is infertile or sterilized from your partner before getting married = unbelievable, "accidentally" trying to get pregnant and bring a child into the world that your spouse doesn't want, more believable but equally reprehensible.

+1
#30 Old 11-30-2011, 09:37 AM

I hate this stuff. Women who try to trick men bite the big one.

slops, gloops, and gruels.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page