Signs of drug dealing?. - VeggieBoards - A Vegetarian Community
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 03-05-2008, 10:04 PM
Beginner

This person who hangs with/lives with the person upstairs might be a drug dealer.

I just listened in on their phone conservation and it was about money and smoking substances.. At least from what I could hear. Then again maybe they are discussing drug related issues with someone as in their friend has a drug problem...Who knows?, I guess I'll have to be eavesdropping again which isn't too hard when they pace right outside my door.

They keep extremely weird hours and are up at all times of the night.

I will hear them talking on the phone at all hours of the night into the wee hours of the morning. Lots of times I've woken up at 3-4 am and hear them talking outside on their cell phone.

Being up is one thing....Talking to someone on the phone frequently at all hours of the night is quite another.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-05-2008, 10:10 PM
Beginner

So when I talk on my cell in the middle of the night because neither I nor my friend can sleep, we're dealing drugs!?

Why didn't anyone inform me before now!?!?
#3 Old 03-05-2008, 10:11 PM
Beginner

Well damn... I think I may be a drug dealer.
#4 Old 03-05-2008, 10:14 PM
Beginner

"you know, nowhere in the bible does it say that jesus was not a raptor"

www.animal-adoptions.org

#5 Old 03-05-2008, 10:15 PM
Beginner

If you two are pacing outside of an apartment building in the wee hours of the morning/late night, discussing money issues and smoking substances, yes I might become suspicious.

I am only suspicious, I will not go around calling them a drug dealer.
#6 Old 03-05-2008, 10:21 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post

This person who hangs with/lives with the person upstairs might be a drug dealer.

I just listened in on their phone conservation and it was about money and smoking substances.. At least from what I could hear. Then again maybe they are discussing drug related issues with someone as in their friend has a drug problem...Who knows?, I guess I'll have to be eavesdropping again which isn't too hard when they pace right outside my door.

I will hear them talking on the phone at all hours of the night into the wee hours of the morning. Lots of times I've woken up at 3-4 am and hear them talking outside on their cell phone.

Being up is one thing....Talking to someone on the phone frequently at all hours of the night is quite another.

MYOB?

Nec Aspera Terrent
#7 Old 03-05-2008, 10:24 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderRandy View Post

MYOB?

You win the Awesome Award.

www.animal-adoptions.org

#8 Old 03-05-2008, 10:25 PM
Beginner

*calls Chelsea's cell phone*
#9 Old 03-05-2008, 10:30 PM
Beginner

eavesdropping is pretty ****ty. it's not like they were talking loudly or anything?
#10 Old 03-05-2008, 10:30 PM
Beginner

..yet again.

www.animal-adoptions.org

#11 Old 03-06-2008, 12:13 AM
Kiz
Beginner

Why in heck are you listening in on people's phone conversations to begin with? Why do you care if someone chats to their friend at 3am? I used to do that constantly and I was never a drug dealer. Spying on strangers is way weirder than chatting to someone when you can't sleep.

Love the post? Why not buy the T-shirt!
http://www.kiz-shop.de/index.php?page=categorie&cat=8
http://www.kiz-shop.de/index.php?page=product&info=94
#12 Old 03-06-2008, 12:33 AM
Beginner

Wait, do they live in the same house as you, or just the same building?

Unless they're creating serious noise pollution or something, why do you care what they do?
#13 Old 03-06-2008, 12:45 AM
Beginner

Careful with overheard conversations...words that are actually spoken sound different after they've been muffled through a wall, and then travel down a hallway. Many times I've been accused of being overheard saying something terrible, when it was a truely innocent conversation.

Recently, I was telling some new co-workers what great friends my former and current bosses are (both females). The former boss overheard through a wall, and thought I was going on and on for 10 minutes about those two being lesbians, getting hotel rooms together, etc... Truely innocent conversation, but what she heard through the wall was quite different.

Give thanks to Mother Earth for Her greatest gift...

...gravity.

For without it, we would be lost.
#14 Old 03-06-2008, 01:31 AM
Beginner

Quote:

If you two are pacing outside of an apartment building in the wee hours of the morning/late night, discussing money issues and smoking substances, yes I might become suspicious.

I am only suspicious, I will not go around calling them a drug dealer.

Because it's not like smoking can be legal, or that you tend to do more of that if you're buying the drugs, not dealing.
#15 Old 03-06-2008, 01:57 AM
Beginner

i dont exactly understand why you made this thread. is it the drugs that bother you or the fact that your neighbour is waking you up at 3am???
#16 Old 03-06-2008, 02:10 AM
Beginner

Quote:

MYOB?

okay, I had to look up this acronym, but once I did I realised I agree 100%.
#17 Old 03-06-2008, 02:53 AM
Kiz
Beginner

As to you implied question "Do 3am conversations about smoking indicate a drug dealer?" I'd say, probably not. Maybe, but probably not. I can tell you, pot deals most often happen during "normal hours". Now, if I was the sort of person to smoke pot, and if I knew a person to buy it off, (not saying I do... just supposing) no way in hell I'd ring him at 3am. 3am is reserved for very good friends who understand the need of a 3am call about having no, uh, cigarettes or whatever. Said person (fictitious{drug dealer} of course!) would kill me for a 3am call! A good friend though, I think a good friend would just give me a ear to listen with, if I called her at 3am.

If (and I say if) they were talking about smokable drugs at 3am is vastly more likely to be a complaint about not being able to sleep and wishing one had some sweet smoke rather than "trying to get a fix" or whatever you imagine it is when you are eavesdropping.

Love the post? Why not buy the T-shirt!
http://www.kiz-shop.de/index.php?page=categorie&cat=8
http://www.kiz-shop.de/index.php?page=product&info=94
#18 Old 03-06-2008, 04:21 AM
Beginner

I lived in a place in Montréal where my upstairs neighbors were dealers. It was quite obvious without having to listen in on any phone conversations. The amount of comings and goings - I would say there were at least 15 different people in different cars stopping by for about 10 minutes each on any given day. That, and the track marks on the girl's arms, and the fact that they offered to supply us.
#19 Old 03-06-2008, 04:26 AM
Beginner

I think you should call the cops immediately...this dude is obviously another George Jung.
#20 Old 03-06-2008, 06:09 AM
Beginner

I agree with nookle - I lived down the hall from a dealer (who one day just *disappeared* leaving everything behind in an unlocked apartment) in one building I lived in. The big sign was the steady stream of people coming and going (and not staying very long). Plus he offered the drugs to one of my neighbors. I think he was dealing Vicodin or something like that.
#21 Old 03-06-2008, 06:29 AM
Beginner

Well... seeing as he was talking about smoking substances and it was 3 AM he probably just SMOKES the 'ol gangarooni or cigarettes for that matter. Most drug dealers are paranoid of nosey people listening to their phone conversations. Stoners don't wanna go stand outside and talk on their phone...especially if it's about drugs. They would much rather chill on a comfy couch in the house away from the lurking eavesdropping ears of the apartment building so I'd say it's probably a big negative that you've got Tony Montana living next door. Peace & Love!!
#22 Old 03-06-2008, 06:51 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickle00 View Post

the 'ol gangarooni

I love it! But I do agree as a former resident of a rather large urban area.

ETA: I love the saying, not the substance, just to be clear! LOL
#23 Old 03-06-2008, 06:56 AM
Beginner

Quote:
What's he building in there?

What the hell is he building in there?

He has subscriptions to those magazines

He never waves when he goes by

He's hiding something from the rest of us

He's all to himself, I think I know why

He took down the tire-swing from the pepper tree

He has no children of his own, you see

He has no dog, he has no friends

And his lawn is dying

And what about those packages he sends?

With that hook light on the stairs

I'll tell you one thing, he's not building a playhouse for the children

Now what's that sound from underneath the door?

He's pounding nails into a hardwood floor

And I swear to God I heard someone moaning low

And I keep seeing the blue light of a TV show

He has a router and a table saw

And you won't believe what Mr. Sticha saw

There's poison underneath the sink of course

There's also enough formaldehyde to choke a horse

What the hell is he building in there?

I heard he has an ex-wife in some place called Mayors Income, Tennessee

And he used to have a consulting business in Indonesia

But what's he building in there?

He has no friends but he gets a lot of mail

I bet he spent a little time in jail

I heard he was up on the roof last night, signaling with a flashlight

And what's that tune he's always whistling?

We have a right to know

-Tom Waits

"and I stand

upon a mountain

made of weak and useless men"

#24 Old 03-06-2008, 06:58 AM
Beginner

Quote:

MYOB?

IMO, keeping these kinds of tabs on what your neighbors are doing is far more creepy than anything you've described them doing.
#25 Old 03-06-2008, 07:05 AM
Beginner

I thought this thread was going to be "have you ever seen a drug deal?" sort of thing.

I think everyone giving you hard time has valid points, as in you shouldn't be listening in on conversations etc. But I'd be concerned as well. I don't particularly know what you can do other than move out of there. I wouldn't exactly advise calling the cops or anything. Keep your doors locked, and be alert when you come and go from your house.

I live in a lovely looking neighborhood that has not lovely looking residents and hear and see things all the time. Just last week my Husband was coming home from work and saw a guy trying to break into cars outside. So he called the police and they caught him across the street trying to break into a house. Could have been our house and I could have been asleep and alone (it was 6am). Scary? Yeah. I see actual drug deals, and hear gun shots often enough. Which is one of the many reasons why we have guns.

Just be aware of your surroundings.
#26 Old 03-06-2008, 08:01 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenseas View Post

-Tom Waits

#27 Old 03-06-2008, 09:06 AM
Banned

go outside into the hall, flirt a little with him, get his number, give it to me, and i'll call him and ask him whats for sale/how much it is/if he's a drug dealer.

i dunno... i can't imagine if i was a drug dealer with any sense i'd use the word 'smoking' liberally and loudly in 3 am hallway phone conversations. i'd be more likely to be talking about british historical kings, horticulture, the cost of cheese, interesting paint colours, and all sorts of other cryptic things, and personally there would be hell to pay if i had clients calling me at 3am. they could text, and wait for me to get up.

and ditto to the weird comings and goings. i he's a dealer, i'd expect lots of short term and slightly antzy looking guests coming and going, or at least him coming and going a lot- perhaps some odd smells too.

not everyone keeps the same hours as you. my bf is up and out the door for work way before 5am, my parents might well be up and on the phone at that time- maybe he works late shifts, or has an international friend in a different time zone? 'smoking' doesn't have to refer to drugs either- maybe he's a potter and they're talking about pit-firing ceramics? maybe he has a smoking-hot girlfriend? maybe you misheard smoking when he really said 'poking' ?

i'd beware of being tooo nosey. you might get it horribly wrong, you might get it horribly right- and either way, wish you hadn't.
#28 Old 03-06-2008, 09:08 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodedclawjen View Post

go outside into the hall, flirt a little with him, get his number, give it to me, and i'll call him and ask him whats for sale/how much it is/if he's a drug dealer.

#29 Old 03-06-2008, 09:27 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodedclawjen View Post

i dunno... i can't imagine if i was a drug dealer with any sense i'd use the word 'smoking' liberally and loudly in 3 am hallway phone conversations. i'd be more likely to be talking about british historical kings, horticulture, the cost of cheese, interesting paint colours, and all sorts of other cryptic things, and personally there would be hell to pay if i had clients calling me at 3am. they could text, and wait for me to get up.

and ditto to the weird comings and goings. i he's a dealer, i'd expect lots of short term and slightly antzy looking guests coming and going, or at least him coming and going a lot- perhaps some odd smells too.

not everyone keeps the same hours as you. my bf is up and out the door for work way before 5am, my parents might well be up and on the phone at that time- maybe he works late shifts, or has an international friend in a different time zone? 'smoking' doesn't have to refer to drugs either- maybe he's a potter and they're talking about pit-firing ceramics? maybe he has a smoking-hot girlfriend? maybe you misheard smoking when he really said 'poking' ?

i'd beware of being tooo nosey. you might get it horribly wrong, you might get it horribly right- and either way, wish you hadn't.

Can I just say, that you have one heck of an imagination.
#30 Old 03-06-2008, 09:35 AM
Beginner

Quote:

Maybe you should mind your own business. It's very hard to tell what people are talking about from one end of the conversation. Even with words like smoking and pot or other drug related terms you still have no idea what is actually going on. I used to stay up all on the phone and I garantee anyone listening in would have no idea what was really going on in the conversation. I say call the police, tell them your "evidence." I (and I'm sure many others) would be shocked if they said anything other than what has been said in this thread.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page