FOX News: Fluoride is a poison. Tennessee will be first state to ban Fluoride - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 05-30-2007, 08:15 AM

The University of Toronto, who first pushed for Fluoride to be added to the water supply, is now issuing an apology. The health department changed their stance and issuing an alert that Fluoride is a poison. FOX News reports that Fluoride in the US is contaminated with Lead and Arsenic.

Found to play major role in osteoporosis, arthritus and bone cancer.

99% of water filters cant get fluoride out of the water. Only through reverse osmosis and distillation.

Tennessee will be the first state to ban fluoridated water. Quebec City will halt it by 2008.

Fluoride is a poison, as the back of your toothpaste tube reads. It is also a rat poison and was fed to POWs during WWII (not because they were concerned about their cavitities. Fluoride has a docilizing effect on the brain.)

FOX news reports:

http://www.wsmv.com/video/10541580/index.html

Another News info:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBmVY8lUcXg

More Info:

The Fluoride Action Network: http://fluoridealert.org/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 05-30-2007, 12:02 PM

woot Tennessee!

I pray the rest of the states follow suit soon!

Putting it in the drinking water was stupid to begin with.
#3 Old 05-30-2007, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by troub View Post

woot Tennessee!

I pray the rest of the states follow suit soon!

Putting it in the drinking water was stupid to begin with.

Agreed. Ingesting fluoride is not good... Why oh why did people think it would be good to have in drinking water??
#4 Old 05-30-2007, 12:09 PM

[QUOTE=troub]woot Tennessee!

No kidding...

I'm actually surprised it has taken this long...

People have been trying to get ride of it since the '60s...

nice article...
#5 Old 05-30-2007, 01:13 PM

Great!

It's scary to think that just the other day I foolishly drank bottled water that had "added flouride."
#6 Old 05-30-2007, 01:23 PM

my pediatrician just wrote me a rx for flouride drops for my daughter because we are on well water. I didn't plan on filling it because of this reason.
#7 Old 05-30-2007, 01:46 PM

to my understanding ingesting the stuff is bad, however using it in toothpaste is safe as long as you spit it back out
#8 Old 05-30-2007, 03:10 PM

I don't like ingesting something that has the poison control info on the back of the tube.

I feel you can't brush without it getting ingested (even if you spit--you still swallow a bit)

****I have a blog--check me out!
http://spidergrrlvstheworld.blogspot.com/****
#9 Old 05-30-2007, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veg*nrunner View Post

to my understanding ingesting the stuff is bad, however using it in toothpaste is safe as long as you spit it back out

http://www.aroma-essence.com/researc.../fluoride.html

Products that contain fluoride contain the following warning:

"WARNING: Keep out of reach of children under 6 years of age. If you accidentally swallow more than used for brushing, seek PROFESSIONAL HELP or contact a POISON CONTROL center immediately."

I don't know about you, but I don't want this stuff anywhere near my mouth.

And what's so bad is that, even though it's recognized as a poison, it's dumped into our drinking water, and IIRC those Brita filters doesn't filter fluoride.
#10 Old 05-30-2007, 05:53 PM

I swallowed some Nature's Gate (fluoride free) toothpaste for fun a while ago. It was minty and fresh heh.
#11 Old 05-31-2007, 08:02 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koalaborg View Post

my pediatrician just wrote me a rx for flouride drops for my daughter because we are on well water. I didn't plan on filling it because of this reason.

I had to have flouride treatments (a gel that was painted on my teeth) at my dentists for years because of the very same reason (well water). Also, I was given flouride pills. Both of which I gave up using as soon as I was told I could at 16. I have no idea how it affected my health, or teeth.
#12 Old 09-19-2008, 02:45 PM

I was told to read The Fluoride Deception, I haven't ordered it yet, but I'm going to get on that. Flouride is terrible for us.
#13 Old 09-19-2008, 03:31 PM

Jeez.... no bottled water because of the plastic... no tap water because of the flouride... at least we still have !!!
#14 Old 09-19-2008, 03:38 PM

Since I was taught that flouride was designed for teeth (and since other countries have really bad teeth from not using flouride -- and that other countries have a higher concentration in toothpaste for flouride to make up for it).....

Won't removing it from the water cause people's teeth to go bad if they don't alter the toothpaste?
#15 Old 09-19-2008, 03:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLRodgers View Post

Since I was taught that flouride was designed for teeth (and since other countries have really bad teeth from not using flouride -- and that other countries have a higher concentration in toothpaste for flouride to make up for it).....

Won't removing it from the water cause people's teeth to go bad if they don't alter the toothpaste?

not if they go to the dentists and have fluoride treatments.

i don't drink tap water, or use fluoride toothpaste (or have fluoride treatments at the dentist). my teeth have not gone bad. but then i don't eat a tonne of sugar, or lots of very acidic foods, which might have a part to play.
#16 Old 09-19-2008, 04:36 PM

I thought a toothpaste was really no use whatsoever if it doesn't have fluoride.

"and I stand

upon a mountain

made of weak and useless men"

#17 Old 09-19-2008, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodedclawjen View Post

not if they go to the dentists and have fluoride treatments.

I hope they use the money they save in fluoride to pay for people to go to the dentist As I've never had insurance that even really paid for dental stuff -- it's like it's all "elective" stuff, and a poor coverage rate on top of it. And a number of people probably go to the dentist once every 10-20 years.
#18 Old 09-19-2008, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenseas View Post

I thought a toothpaste was really no use whatsoever if it doesn't have fluoride.

I have heard many times that the toothpaste is not nearly as important as the actual brushing--from hygenists, dentists, and just in general. I know I've heard that about pregnant women too who may get nauseous using toothpaste. We are used to having that "fresh" feeling in our mouths though.
#19 Old 09-19-2008, 05:11 PM
Banned

yeah, the main benefit to toothpaste is the scrubbing action and the nice smell.
#20 Old 09-19-2008, 05:15 PM

Thank God they're finally doing something about this! I discovered that flouride was a poison a while ago and have felt sick about having to drink tap water since then. I also use all natural toothpaste that doesn't have flouride in it.
#21 Old 09-19-2008, 05:50 PM
DNK

Finally someone's going to step up and end this heinous Communist scheme, tainting our precious bodily fluids. Decades later, we finally get around to it...
#22 Old 09-19-2008, 05:55 PM

Funny, the city of Kitchener-Waterloo, Ontario just banned the sale of bottled water at all city-owned venues. So people have to choose between soft drinks or tap water. I hope this news makes them either bring back bottled water or ban fluoride in tap water!

ETA:

I have a big prominent vertical white stripe on my front tooth because of all the fluoride treatments I had as a child. I didn't know until recently that it was caused by that, because my dentist lied to me about it for years. When I first noticed the stripe (I have white spots on some other teeth as well), I asked my dentist what caused it, and he said, "Oh, that just happens to people sometimes, there's really nothing you can do about it. Now open wide, here's the fluoride" . If fluoride is already in tap water, why do they want you to soak your teeth in it every 6 months??

P.S. My husband has a severe bone condition that even affects his teeth. He brushes 3 times a day and flosses every day, and he still has lots of cavities in his teeth. A few years ago he started rinsing with fluoride mouthwash, and it's helped him enormously. Combined with a fluoride toothpaste, he hasn't had a cavity in 2 years. So while I think our water could do without fluoride, I don't think the chemical should be banned completely, because it can benefit some people, so it should be available to purchase, such as in a mouthwash.
#23 Old 09-19-2008, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNK View Post

Finally someone's going to step up and end this heinous Communist scheme, tainting our precious bodily fluids. Decades later, we finally get around to it...

#24 Old 09-19-2008, 07:57 PM
Contributing Member

We always got a warning with our water bill saying the fluoride level was higher than what was considered safe.

‎"One meal, soon forgotten, in exchange for a whole life." Author Unknown
"Fur is worn by beautiful animals and ugly people"

#25 Old 09-19-2008, 08:36 PM

Oregon state has some of the word teeth in the country, and they're also one of the only states that didn't use fluoride in their drinking water.

Honestly, I couldn't care less about this. I'm not saying fluoride is good to ingest, but there's so much other stuff to be concerned about. I don't feel like it's that big of a deal.
#26 Old 09-19-2008, 08:56 PM

It is a big deal. Fluoride is a poison that is purposely put in our drinking water. Research has shown that it is only effective when used topically. I still don't use it and I don't let my children use it. We use toothpaste with xylitol to prevent cavities.
#27 Old 09-19-2008, 11:08 PM

What ever happened with this?
#28 Old 09-20-2008, 01:58 AM

No what I'm saying is it isn't as big of a deal as other toxins we have to worry about. Like food contaminants and melamine.

At least, not to me. I don't drink tap water anyway, so I guess I'm a bit biased when it comes to this issue.
#29 Old 09-20-2008, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veg*nrunner View Post

I used to ingest toothpaste frequently when I was little. Could that cause problems later on?
#30 Old 09-20-2008, 09:44 PM
Contributing Member

From the cdc:

Quote:
Low levels of fluorides can help prevent dental cavities. At high levels, fluorides can result in tooth and bone damage.

http://www.atsdr.cdc.gov/tfacts11.html

‎"One meal, soon forgotten, in exchange for a whole life." Author Unknown
"Fur is worn by beautiful animals and ugly people"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page