What Makes Someone "Hot"? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 10-25-2004, 03:14 PM
Beginner

I heard an interesting conversation today, so I thought I'd start it up here.

What makes someone "hot" to you? (Physically speaking) (When listing traits, please specify male/female)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-25-2004, 03:31 PM
Beginner

I like tall guys who carry themselves well (i.e. don't slouch). Body doesn't have to be perfect, but dressing what they do have with clothes that fit well is very hot.
#3 Old 10-25-2004, 03:35 PM
Beginner

I've liked lots of different kinds of guys - from the very tall to the very short. For me, if I like your personality, I'm more likely to think you're physically attractive.
#4 Old 10-25-2004, 04:01 PM
Beginner

i totally agree with Cissy-- with one thing to add-- unusual. i like unusual faces. they can't be "good looking" in a traditional way, they have to have something that is their's alone.
#5 Old 10-25-2004, 04:12 PM
Beginner

I like unusual too. Most people think I'm weird because I think Lyle Lovett is hot, although I have a few friends who agree with me. To me "hotness" is a combination of a lot of little things, both personality-related and physical. A certain je ne sais quoi, as it were...
#6 Old 10-25-2004, 04:26 PM
Beginner

physically? Umm.... well I love the soccer player build. Kinda short, stocky, broad-shouldered (mmmm, shoulders), thick legs... both male and female actually. A great smile is a kicker - especially with dimples. Oh, and a cute butt helps too. LOL.
#7 Old 10-25-2004, 04:36 PM
Beginner

I tend to become attracted to guys who I label as not-good-looking when I first meet them. So the typically unattractive guys are who I find attractive. Also, long curly hair is hot. Gel is NOT! and dimples get me every time.
#8 Old 10-25-2004, 04:47 PM
Beginner

hmm i have way too many definers on this one. i guess the main thing, cliche as this sounds, is personality and attitude. someone can be average looking but if they have a great attitude they can come off as very sexy. i have a customer at work who most people would probably consider average, he's short, not fantastic physical shape, round face, but damn he's cute the way he carries himself is just very appealing, and he dresses kinda punk/grunge which i love but is very sweet and gentle when he talks, yet confident. i dunno, he just 'does it' for me somehow.

when speaking strictly physical though, i like them average height, dark hair, messy and longish preferably, sense of style but alternative style is best

and yeah broad shoulders, cleanshaven or 5:00 shadow but i'm not real big on beards (ok my boyfriend has one but it suits him)

eta: ohh. and goths. anything alternative as far as style goes, goth, punk, 'crunchy', i love it all. i'm not sure why but

I'm singin' here to get rid of fear
Hope it disappears right here with the rain
But I know life is pain, not like a fairytale
Meaningless to pray, so just goin' on my way
~Miyavi "Torture"
#9 Old 10-25-2004, 05:12 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by superjane View Post

I tend to become attracted to guys who I label as not-good-looking when I first meet them. So the typically unattractive guys are who I find attractive. Also, long curly hair is hot. Gel is NOT! and dimples get me every time.

im a girl with waistlength very curly hair (yes photo needs updating but im a comp idiot) and GEL is a must!! as long as there's not crunch! im searching though and think i've found a replacement... curls rock by tigi (no i dont work for them )

lets see... for me what makes a guy hot... bald!!! as in shaved, not so much balding. bigger build-be it muscle or fat, funniness, and inteligence.

Edited because: i am a smilie happy individual and it looked damn tacky.

‎"I just think there's something in being lost. I never feel lost. I just think, 'Oh. I've taken a diversion'." ~ Karl Pilkington
#10 Old 10-25-2004, 05:23 PM
Beginner

dark hair, shorter hair is better. cute but smart. smart but not arrogant. if we really knew things wouldn't be as interesting, it's a chimerical orange rhyming dictionary.

i agree unique traits are important, that generic soap opera type of beauty is hard to get excited about (see also the two main characters in Starship Troopers).

"The expression on her face, then, had been the one he'd seen, hours later, on her sleeping face in a portside coffin, her upper lip like the line children draw to represent a bird in flight." -william gibson, neuromancer

* This post may contain pork, beef and fingers of undocumented workers. This post was manufactured in a facility that processes peanuts.
#11 Old 10-25-2004, 05:45 PM
Beginner

Hmm, dark hair= Like, floppy kinda emoish hair cut! Average height maybe a little short, not scrawny but not buff. Funny, a guy I have a crush on is opposite of all of these except for the dark hair, and my soon to be ex boyfriend is all of these! So looks aren't that important to me.
#12 Old 10-25-2004, 05:52 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by otomik View Post

dark hair, shorter hair is better.

Oh, yeah. Short hair up in here!!

Seriously, I can proudly say that I am not that shallow when it comes to romantic attaractions! I tend to fall for a (guy, ususally) by his personality...intelligence, humor, interests, philosophies, etc. (See here for more details on my series of unfortunate events that make up my love/dating life)

And of coure, the greasier the better. I *heart* grungy/geeky guys. I would absolutley love a guy who could talk science/art/english/history to me. Just no hardcore Politics or anything. That is such a turn-off (for me).

"you know, nowhere in the bible does it say that jesus was not a raptor"

www.animal-adoptions.org

#13 Old 10-25-2004, 06:07 PM
Beginner

extremly feminine boys.

adrogynous girls.

must be able to talk about zombies, philosophy, and not kick me when we sleep next to each other on the couch.

other then that, i dont care.
#14 Old 10-25-2004, 06:07 PM
Beginner

I like either long hair (ponytail length and kept in a ponytail) or short hair. none of the shaggy stuff for me.

What really really attracts me to a guy is his smile, though. It doesn't have to be a dazzling beautiful smile. It can be crooked or gappy-toothed or whatever, as long as it's frequent and genuine. If I look at a guy and he smiles at me... I like that.

also, guys who are somewhat... graceful... are good. If every move you make is awkward, that's not so good.

And if they can touch me without it being weird, that's good too. Just like playful touching. punch me in the arm, poke me just for the hell of it, put your hand on my shoulder and guide me if you want me to move, use touch to get my attention, etc. That closes a sort of gap immediately and brings you closer to me. What's bad? when you don't touch me at all ever and then one day you try to give me a hug or you try to put your hand on my knee or hold my hand or something. A boy I've known for years who has never touched me can feel totally squicky just sitting too close, whereas a boy whom I've only just met can feel completely right giving me a big ole hug if it's not forced.

umm... that's all I can think of now, and I'm sure it's enough.
#15 Old 10-25-2004, 06:16 PM
Beginner

It might sound sick, but I find myself .. "attracted" more to guys that are shy. If they're full of themselves, then I'm automatically not liking them anymore. Short hair or long hair doesn't matter.. it depends. Short hair looks good on some people and longer hair looks better on others IMO. Someone that isn't too shallow, and not the "partying" type... people that care about animals, sensitive, open minded... hmm not sure what else.
#16 Old 10-25-2004, 06:27 PM
Beginner

Hrmm... *checks mirror... checks thread...* dammit. a loser, again.

I like this: Dark, short, punk-but-can-go-to-work-like-this hair. on the tall-side, 5'6 to 5'10. A body that says "I don't try (but secretly I do, just a little)".

Also, at the U of DE I came to appreciate one of the hottest things ever: "Buttshorts" and a husbandbeater on a girl who doesn't always drink Lite beer.

Now I'm going to cry.

[ETA: Against better judgment, I'll say that I forgot the most important part: Young (looking). Now I'm really going to have a cry!)
#17 Old 10-25-2004, 06:58 PM
Beginner

hahaha, another thing.

can hold their illegal substances.

that rocks even more. agree with trent steele, non of the "lite" stuff.
#18 Old 10-25-2004, 07:10 PM
Beginner

Summer
#19 Old 10-25-2004, 07:11 PM
Beginner

dammit marie, you beat me to it. I was just about to say "a fever"

<--- always slow to the punch *sigh*
#20 Old 10-25-2004, 07:12 PM
Beginner

#21 Old 10-25-2004, 09:28 PM
Beginner

I echo OregonAmy on the soccer player build. I'm also a fan of tall, thin guys, so maybe I'm just variable.

Longish curly hair.

Looking Hispanic.

Speaking Spanish.

Caring about people. (This is the zinger for a particular male nurse aide I work with.)

A gentle, enveloping hug.

Willingness and ability to talk about the deep stuff, whether it's faith or logic or ethics.

"Hotness" is complicated. On one hand, physical hotness gets my attention. What keeps it is the other facets of hotness. If you told me you had a "tender-hearted Mexican hottie" you wanted me to meet, I'd be a lot more interested than if you said you had "that hot guy over there".

Q: How many poets does it take to change a light bulb? A: 1001...one to change the bulb, 1000 to say it's already been done.
#22 Old 10-26-2004, 04:18 AM
Beginner

Hmmmmmmm.....

I like bigger than me...meaning I'm thick, muscular and tall. It simply doesn't do to have a guy I could beat up. (not that I would, but you know)...dresses ruggedly, any color...and a little crazy (in a good way) is always enticing to me for some reason. Other than that, it is most ALWAYS a chemistry thing for me. I'm attracted to vastly different guys, it's pretty much totally a matter of chemicals coliding.

B
#23 Old 10-26-2004, 09:55 AM
Beginner

I like a handsome face and unkempt, wavy hair. Pretty eyes and teeth. About 6' 2", slim and slightly muscular. For some reason I like the beauty to be kind of hidden, under a pair of nerdy glasses or a dorky hat.
#24 Old 10-26-2004, 10:34 AM
Beginner

Anybody with good teeth, long hair, and a goatee. At least a couple of inches taller than me. Slender, but not too skinny. I don't like guys that are as skinny as me. Yick. Gotta have some meat on your bones! And a nice stoner voice really tops it off. Yummy!
#25 Old 10-26-2004, 10:58 AM
Beginner

Some interesting responses.

I do have a specific "taste" in men, so specific in fact that my bf can tell which men I will fancy before I do. I can't explain it, but if I lined up all celebrities I'm attracted to that fall into my taste then you'd see the similarity straight away. Here's some links to pics, you may notice the link.

Jason Gleason (centre) , Frank Mir , Chad Gilbert.

I couldn't tell you what it is about those guys I like, but it's obvious there's something they all share because when I see it my interest is sparked right away. Whenever someone who falls into this 'look' comes on TV, my bf looks at me and says, "go on, say it!" Hehe.

In general, I find people hot for lots of reasons. Broad shoulders, sexy forearms or hands (in men) are hot. Bare chests are cute, hairy chests are sexy. Most of all, I'm attracted to people who can make me feel comfortable being myself (i.e. so I'm not self-conscious about my dorkiness), which doesn't happen very often. I'm usually very reserved, but I can be very flirtatious given the right company.

Oh, and baggy sweatshirts.
#26 Old 10-26-2004, 11:18 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggplant View Post

I like unusual too. To me "hotness" is a combination of a lot of little things, both personality-related and physical. A certain je ne sais quoi, as it were...

Wow-! You put that so well. Exactly. I would also add there's something about the way the eyes nose and cheeks work together, although I've yet to pin it down. I guess a certain devilish/innocence.....? But those are the most important physical attributes to moi.
#27 Old 10-26-2004, 11:38 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tash View Post

I guess a certain devilish/innocence.....?

I was going to mention that this is what I find hot in women too, but it got lost somewhere when I was editing my post.
#28 Old 10-26-2004, 11:46 AM
Beginner

I think that a man's "hotness" doesn't lie in individual features. It's the way that they're all put together.
#29 Old 10-26-2004, 11:58 AM
Beginner

I tried, but I can't think of one kind of guy. So few take my breath away and they are all so different. Many are kind of appealing, but they too are all so different from one another. It is easier to think of things that are total deal-breakers.

Same with women. I judge on a case-by-case basis.

Sunny
#30 Old 10-26-2004, 12:35 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobsy View Post

I was going to mention that this is what I find hot in women too, but it got lost somewhere when I was editing my post.

Okay, that totally blew my concentration..........

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page