Anyone meditate? - VeggieBoards

Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
#1 Old 08-27-2017, 12:42 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 6
Question Anyone meditate?

Lately been pretty into Zen meditation that is just simply sitting and being present and trying to be more aware and open to the vastness of what it means to arise and fall away each moment. A lot has opened up for me in understanding what my real identity is with this simple thing and just spending time with myself in kind of a concentrated way has felt really therapeutic. Kind of has solved a lot of stress and meaning issues for me.

Also think the Jhana stuff is pretty cool in like deep meditation.

I am hoping to maybe spend some time at Gyobutsuji Zen Monastery in America to focus on meditation and see how deep I can understand about myself and life. Also would be really into doing like a long retreat at a forest monastery or something.

What about anyone here? Into meditation or any other stuff like that?
lovineverything is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#2 Old 08-27-2017, 04:24 PM
Vegan since 1991
 
David3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 3,130
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovineverything View Post
Lately been pretty into Zen meditation that is just simply sitting and being present and trying to be more aware and open to the vastness of what it means to arise and fall away each moment. A lot has opened up for me in understanding what my real identity is with this simple thing and just spending time with myself in kind of a concentrated way has felt really therapeutic. Kind of has solved a lot of stress and meaning issues for me.

Also think the Jhana stuff is pretty cool in like deep meditation.

I am hoping to maybe spend some time at Gyobutsuji Zen Monastery in America to focus on meditation and see how deep I can understand about myself and life. Also would be really into doing like a long retreat at a forest monastery or something.

What about anyone here? Into meditation or any other stuff like that?

I meditate, though I have a long way to progress. I used to be more irritating than I am now.

.

_________

“Under the twinkling trees was a table covered with Guatemalan fabric, roses in juice jars, wax rose candles from Tijuana and plates of food — Weetzie's Vegetable Love-Rice, My Secret Agent Lover Man's guacamole, Dirk's homemade pizza, Duck's fig and berry salad and Surfer Surprise Protein Punch, Brandy-Lynn's pink macaroni, Coyote's cornmeal cakes, Ping's mushu plum crepes and Valentine's Jamaican plantain pie."

from Witch Baby, Francesca Lia Block, 1991
David3 is online now  
#3 Old 08-28-2017, 12:29 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by David3 View Post
I meditate, though I have a long way to progress. I used to be more irritating than I am now.

.


Seems anxiety and irritation are the things to go first or be diminished


Usually the individuals that are humble like yourself are some of the best
lovineverything is offline  
#4 Old 08-28-2017, 06:43 PM
Vegan since 1991
 
David3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 3,130
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovineverything View Post

Usually the individuals that are humble like yourself are some of the best
No, I'm irritating. Thanks for the pep talk though.
.

_________

“Under the twinkling trees was a table covered with Guatemalan fabric, roses in juice jars, wax rose candles from Tijuana and plates of food — Weetzie's Vegetable Love-Rice, My Secret Agent Lover Man's guacamole, Dirk's homemade pizza, Duck's fig and berry salad and Surfer Surprise Protein Punch, Brandy-Lynn's pink macaroni, Coyote's cornmeal cakes, Ping's mushu plum crepes and Valentine's Jamaican plantain pie."

from Witch Baby, Francesca Lia Block, 1991
David3 is online now  
#5 Old 08-29-2017, 09:52 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 2
Hi!
Good to hear that you meditate!
I have a fixed routine of meditating twice a day.
Lot of changes occured since.

Best Regards
Rave
ravee is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off