Tell someone that may feel unappreciated... - Page 9 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#241 Old 01-05-2005, 12:08 PM
Beginner

I would like to express my appreciation to all the little people of VB. Without little people we would live in a world with nothing but big people.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#242 Old 01-05-2005, 12:15 PM
Beginner

^^^^^ Indeed! As a *little* person, I say true that!
#243 Old 01-05-2005, 12:56 PM
Beginner

Even though I'm more into lurking these days, I want to show my appreciation and spread the !!!

VegAnaconda aka VA~Gothic~UK???? : My absolute favorite because his posting style is vibrant like great pop music, kind of like Brian Wilson's brilliant but confusing past its prime "Smile". Love his use of color and somewhat impenetrable melodic sensibilities. All I do is think music when I read his musings! Veg Rocks.

epski, Oatmeal, Dr Schmeebis {where did he go???} and The Rev: for keeping it real, being right on time and mostly in perspective.

Kiz, Kurmudgen, peebs, zoebird, Frost, mouse and Trent Steele : Not always in agreement with their opinions but find myself agreeing and respecting what they have to say.

Accidental Veg, Foxy and Organic Vegan {even though she no longer posts}: for their interesting perspectives on life and being strong and opinionated women.

borealis, SallyK and Kreeli : for cookin', being stylish and just because!

Kirkjobsluder, beforewisdom, Sevenseas, ebola, Quizeen and Joe : for all their intellectual naval gazing ......actually for being very smart, making me think and opening up my mind to more perspectives.

Kamila, Thalia, Charity AJO, catswym and Vegiemom: for the insight and support they offer on various forums. Their posts are always thought provoking and substantial. Love the mindful quality of their postings.

Bobsy : because everytime I see her avatar I think of Buffy Summers and know whatever follows will be interesting and introspective.

SilverC : she is a direct but stylish straight shooter, just cool!

Music Girl : beautiful avatar and amazing taste in music.

meatless {expecially because of her lickability factor}, WonderRandy {Aloha Man!!} for keeping it positive and bright.

L2K : especially when she's all maternal and whatnot!!!

tiggzie, shagginabit because they are smart, humorous and just plain Cool Chicks!

carnelian, IamJen, Black Heart and everyone posting in the "What are you listening to right now" thread.

Michael : for his nerdish taste and making this site available.

All the teens posting at this site looking and thinking about their futures. Y'all Go!!!!!

Gothic Sponge : because he puts it out there regardless.

Oh....And I've got trailor-truck-loads of appreciation for everyone who cooks and eats vegan. Keep posting those recipes because that is the primary reason I continue to lurk.

Ooops!!! forgot about FalafelRule : because he seems to be VB's unofficial designated target!

ceryna {always confusing her with Charity AJO, must be the orange color}: because she always seems to be thinking about something, takes time to form opinions and moderates well.

bethanie : I'm appreciative of her anecdotal posts, all nice and warm like a homemade bowl of soup. Expressing kindness and comfort just like the image presented through her eyes in her latest avatar. I can almost hear her say: .....and that's what I think or there, I've said it!

xrodolfox : very unique, respectful and one of the most compassionate members posting on VB.

colorful : just happens to have my favorite avatar. I swoon everytime I see their avatar because the colors of the butterflies are sooooo rich and beautiful.

Wanda : for her informative website Vegan Peace, especially useful is the data found in the Organic Pages. ~ kudos ~

MeMe

edit: forgot to add a couple of names because I only remembered them by their avatars or confused them with another member!
#244 Old 01-05-2005, 01:33 PM
Beginner

Tried searching this thread for my name, but not once did I find it **thinks for a moment** Well, maybe it was a little vain of me to go searching for appreciation.

Anyway, I personally appreciate anyone who has made nice comments regarding my pics (despite my posting, deleting, then re-posting :P).

Also, I have to appreciate CK for sticking up for me a few times on the WDYE thread and for being an amazing person!! Also, thanks to Ruthie and Krista for all their great advice and wonderful comments. Appreciation also goes out to FR for being a cool VB pal and Charity for the lowdown on great veg restaurants to try.
#245 Old 01-05-2005, 01:36 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercurialMe View Post

Even though I'm more into lurking these days, I want to show my appreciation and spread the !!!

VA~Gothic~UK???? his posting style is vibrant like great pop music, kind of like Brian Wilson's brilliant but confusing past its prime

"Smile". Love his use of color and somewhat impenetrable melodic sensibilities. All I do is think music when I read his musings!

MeMe

Is MeMe a member or is that you signing?

Anyway, thanks very much, I appreciate that you appreciate me even though I don't know you well enuff to post back anything specific. Its not

my fault, there are so many people so get to know but big a "hi" to you anyway, hellllloooo Mercurial! :-)

Now, I'm bound to comment back in retort, of what a smile, not least coz I don't know what is meant by "prime smile".

Are you trying to break down my goth defences ?? *Snarly grin*

As a goth oriented person the question will always arise typically of how being smiley fits the picture, or whether that is a trait of the person you mention ~Brian Wilson..??

Anyway, to clarify in very wide generalization about myself I am depressed a lot which as Kreeli noticed can be of a mania sort, (true sometimes, haha Kreeli) but thankyou so much Mercurial for seeing that even though I label myself as goth, there is more to me than just the word as it stands. A good chunk by whichever definitions I can live up to and aspire always to be that... but for good reasons, hence if you will my Good Reasons to be Goth thread :-) *Anyway.. yep* there's a smile for you. I will look out for you if ever you return to posting again!
#246 Old 01-05-2005, 01:47 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA~goth~UK View Post

Is MeMe a member or is that you signing?

Anyway, thanks very much, I appreciate that you appreciate me even though I don't know you well enuff to post back anything specific. Its not

my fault, there are so many people so get to know but big a "hi" to you anyway, hellllloooo Mercurial! :-)

Now, I'm bound to comment back in retort, of what a smile, not least coz I don't know what is meant by "prime smile".

Are you trying to break down my goth defences ?? *Snarly grin*

As a goth oriented person the question will always arise typically of how being smiley fits the picture, or whether that is a trait of the person you mention ~Brian Wilson..??

Anyway, to clarify in very wide generalization about myself I am depressed a lot which as Kreeli noticed can be of a mania sort, (true sometimes, haha Kreeli) but thankyou so much Mercurial for seeing that even though I label myself as goth, there is more to me than just the word as it stands. A good chunk by whichever definitions I can live up to and aspire always to be that... but for good reasons, hence if you will my Good Reasons to be Goth thread :-) *Anyway.. yep* there's a smile for you. I will look out for you if ever you return to posting again!

I LOVES me some VEG*ANACONDA!
#247 Old 01-05-2005, 01:54 PM
Beginner

REDRESS: I see the words of what you mean now I think when likening what you do in relation to what you think is me and I now read that as as "confusing past/_beyond_ (its) my/[Brian Wilson??] dialogue reaching beyond prime intent, so that use of my words (you say) going beyond the test or purpose of whats being said in my posts or are you meaning soley about Brian Wilson (whom I don't know) ?

If me, I presume you mean I am "at reaching a certain point I am beyond doubt to you, confusing" do you mean that?? or only when I go beyond the prime context of what needs be said in my posts? hmmm. Could you mean I over elaborate sometimes or digress a tad too much, do you mean? I sure don't think so unless you mean I am thorough in approaching things which yes is true.

Well at least I'm on the trail of how you describe me, somewhat, though I'm still not fully sure what you mean.
#248 Old 01-05-2005, 02:07 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxy View Post

I LOVES me some VEG*ANACONDA!

*is mystified*

Can offer you some casual appreciation Foxy ? Its only right, I return recognition.... I really am mystified though I tell you!!!! Did I appear in Foxy dreams or am I dreaming now?? I hope whenever

the time to know you some more anyway so naturally I can appreciate you better.

Be warned though I am not smart and not a looker as such. You see there~ I've read one or two of your posts of what makes you Foxy tick! hehe, nah, I'm not smart enuff to work out that, haha, but like I say, perhaps will know you better with time to comment some more later. :-) I don't like here to pre-empt or be too hasty in assessing people, but yeah I like you well enuff/sure enuff. :-)
#249 Old 01-05-2005, 02:26 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercurialMe View Post

SilverC : she is a direct but stylish straight shooter, just cool!

Awww, thank you! That made my day
#250 Old 01-05-2005, 03:53 PM
Beginner

I definately agree with that SilverC what Mercurial said about you!
#251 Old 01-05-2005, 06:16 PM
Beginner

Aww, thanks! Two compliments in one day!! I'm so ferklempt!!
#252 Old 01-05-2005, 06:28 PM
Beginner

awww thanks to those that mentioned me. It is appreciated
#253 Old 01-05-2005, 07:05 PM
Beginner

There are so many people here who deserve appreciation that its difficult to remember all of them!
#254 Old 01-05-2005, 07:16 PM
Beginner

Foxy,Bumble and catswym (my beautiful secret santa)

#255 Old 01-05-2005, 07:20 PM
Beginner

Yay! I am liked by a few
#256 Old 01-05-2005, 08:11 PM
Beginner

Thalia & zoebird: Their posts are always interesting and worth reading. I always feel a bit more knowledgable after reading one of their posts. Whether I retain that knowledge in my brain afterward is another matter. I wish I could articulate my thoughts half as good as they do.

kerouac: Unique. Interesting. Good taste in music.

MsRuthieB: She's always been nice to me and has been full of compliments since we first started talking on here. And she PM'ed me during my long absence.

Meo: More intelligent and mature than a lot of people twice her age. The fact that she's into vegetarianism and great music at such a young age is awesome. I wish I could have been half as cool at that age.

oneness: PM'ed me after I returned from one of my long absences to ask how I was. I don't know much about you, but I appreciate the thought.

skylark: In a time where people are more concerned with using their religious beliefs as an excuse to wave the holier-than-thou flag and play Morality Police, rather than concentrating on their own shortcomings, it's nice to see someone that lives up to what many Christians only claim to be: compassionate, open-minded, understanding, forgiving. I've been rather cynical about religion (Christianity in particular) in the past, but coming across people like her, and just growing up a bit and experiencing more differing views and opinions, has changed that.

mikie: My first VB friend - yes, I consider you a full-fledged friend, mikie. Feel special? Friendly, funny, and a total post slut. And I admire that he's been to more countries in two years than I'll ever go to in my life. I love ya, man! Haha.

Tame: Like a lot of people on here, I've clashed with you on certain topics, though not as severely, and certainly not as often. Haha. And even though a lot of what you say gets under my skin, it's good to have someone that is quite often the polar opposite of the majority of VB'ers and who's not afraid to, and will often, call "bullsh*t" on your weak arguments. I like your take-no-sh*t attitude, Tame Dog.

Last but not least, Michael: For creating this little place for all us freaks to come gather and play. It's helped contribute to my continually burgeoning anti-social lifestyle and crippling procrastination. Thank you. Ha.
#257 Old 01-05-2005, 09:19 PM
Beginner

I didn't think I'd find myself posting to this particular thread, volatile as it is, but I just have to thank the people who have helped me through my current health crisis and my difficult night last night.

Minibean and Descentia -- thank you for your kind words when i first posted about IC

IamJen, BrownieB26, NDvegan85, pseudo_vegan, Seadolphin, Wiccanveg, Cherry Head, Ruthie, and especially thebelovedtree for helping me get through a difficult couple of days....

you guys are great.

that being said i will go back into hiding...

#258 Old 01-05-2005, 11:14 PM
Beginner

Along with many others, I find that my list is long and varied. Several folks already know how much I appreciate them, but there are some to whom I may have neglected to say thanks:

Bobsy, for saying things that make me stop and think.

Bankruptor, for making a girl feel good about herself.

LudwigB and Borealis, whose moderately devious senses of humor have made me laugh out loud many times.

Foxy, for thoughtfully sharing her often differing views.

renaissancesun, who asks fantastic interview questions.

chiaraluna, who holds my favorite VB name, would make a great little sister, and understands the full magnitude of Jude Law's yumminess

FafaFrappy, for restarting/taking care of the VB interviews!

The ones I pity are the ones who never stick out their neck for something they believe, never know the taste of moral struggle, and never have the thrill of victory. - Jonathan Kozol
#259 Old 01-05-2005, 11:19 PM
Beginner

I appreciate you Virtue!
#260 Old 01-05-2005, 11:29 PM
Banned

While I'm sure she feels plenty appreciated in general, I appreciate Fafa's moderating.

I appreciate kirkjobsluder, beforewisdom, and kreeli who I find to be selflessly helpful on a consistant basis.
#261 Old 01-06-2005, 05:15 AM
Beginner

Thank you folks! *takes a bow*
#262 Old 01-06-2005, 07:58 AM
Beginner

countesskerouac - aww i appreciate you for appreciating me! hehe.

and i'm going to end it there because just like the secret crush thread i'd just turn into a big red-faced ball of embarrassment to get into all of it
#263 Old 01-07-2005, 10:26 AM
Beginner

Thank you IamJen and MercurialMe - you both have me blushing.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page