Food Vices - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 07-07-2004, 12:46 PM

Ok, since we're almost always talking about healthy eating on VB, I thought I'd throw this question in to take you off guard.

What are some of your favorite food/candy that you know is bad for you?

Here's some of mine:

Reeses Peanut Butter Cups

French Fries

Chocolate (might be considered good for you)

Cream Soda

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-07-2004, 01:08 PM

Diet Soda would be my worst vice. Occasionally, I have fries. I'll have to see, tho. I only just turned vegan, so I haven't found my vegan comfort foods yet. I kinda like soy ice cream, but I just eat a few spoonfuls here and there, so I don't think I'm gonna end up with a chunky monkey on my back with that.

I also smoke a pipe, but not every day. However, all the tobacco is plant-based, so it's technically vegan.

And of course, there's

The Rev
#3 Old 07-07-2004, 01:34 PM

...im kind of addicted to almond rolled dates...

..really like pecan bagels....red wine...and dark chocolate

probly have them more than i should....
#4 Old 07-07-2004, 01:42 PM

For me, tortilla chips, tortilla chips, tortilla chips. Set down a bag of tortilla chips in front of me and you'd better just back away slowly. Ditto on Green & Black's dark chocolate bar. I seem to be able to control myself somewhat with the Maya Gold variety.
#5 Old 07-07-2004, 02:22 PM

I imbibe heavily. Not on a regular basis, but I do like to drink and drink alot. I also love candy. I will eat it until my teeth hurt. I'm not kidding. I stock up on half-price candy after every holiday. I have a huge tin can in the kitchen (the kind you buy with popcorn in it) full of all kinds of candy, and sometimes there isn't enough room in it. My favorite kinds are those filled strawberry ones, flavored tootsie rolls, Cadbury cream eggs, those new Toll House candy bars with the cookie dough, candy corn, jolly ranchers, Kentucky mints, Dutch mints, root beer barrels, lemon drops, etc.
#6 Old 07-07-2004, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosquito View Post

My favorite kinds are those filled strawberry ones, flavored tootsie rolls, Cadbury cream eggs, those new Toll House candy bars with the cookie dough, candy corn, jolly ranchers, Kentucky mints, Dutch mints, root beer barrels, lemon drops, etc.

....ur making me hungry...

#7 Old 07-07-2004, 04:39 PM

Everything and anything I bake. Chocolate cupcakes, vanilla cake, chocolate chip cookies, coffee cake, peanut butter cookies, pudding. Good thing I usually make things to give away to people or else I would devour it all at once! Damn vegan cookbooks...making me bake bad-for-me food...grumblegrumble.

But chocolate chips rank high on the top ten best processed foods list...and newman O's cookies, and animal crackers. Oh man....
#8 Old 07-07-2004, 05:01 PM

Poore Brothers Spicy Habanero Potato Chips

and

no-bake chocolate, oatmeal cookies (yum)

The ones I pity are the ones who never stick out their neck for something they believe, never know the taste of moral struggle, and never have the thrill of victory. - Jonathan Kozol
#9 Old 07-07-2004, 05:29 PM

Diet Coke, I keep justifying it with it having "only one calorie" even though the caffeine and aspartame are pretty horrible for you!
#10 Old 07-07-2004, 05:45 PM

these weird cookies that shouldnt be vegan but they are...chocolate covered peanut butter with crunchy inside. yummy. and vegan cream soda. and vegan fries..
#11 Old 07-07-2004, 06:17 PM

Chips or any kind. Fortunately, I'm pretty good at resisting buying them and as long as they're not in the house, I won't eat them.
#12 Old 07-07-2004, 08:18 PM

****...i dunno if I really have a food vice.

I just kinda eat what I want. Maybe all my food is food vices.

Lately, though, its been stuff I make with coconut milk.

ebola
#13 Old 07-07-2004, 08:20 PM

French fries. I couldn't even resist them when I had an eating disorder. Ironically, friends offering me fries kept me alive towards the end when I lived off a cup of KoolAid, 2 pinesapple rings and a 1/4 cup of Kraft Dinner every day.
#14 Old 07-07-2004, 08:57 PM

diet coke's my worst one.
#15 Old 07-07-2004, 09:20 PM

Vodka is mine... Absolut Citron Vodka... yeah.
#16 Old 07-07-2004, 09:26 PM

Macademias, Tortilla chips and veg. quesadillas. And although I almost never have them in the house, cake and brownie batter and anything with chocolate chips
#17 Old 07-07-2004, 09:58 PM

McCain's Seasoned Super Curly Fries, Tofutti anything (particularly the vanilla fudge soy cream). Yeah, those are probably my worst ones. Carrot muffins too. Damn those are good. With tofutti cream cheese icing! And now I want some. Crap.
#18 Old 07-07-2004, 10:12 PM

Sugar free beverages are definitely a vice (not pop - bubbles hurt my throat really bad). I live for Sugar Free Kool Aid ()

And cereal. If it's there I eat it. Which sucks, not only because it's not that great for you (depending on the kind), but also I'm wheat intolerant, so I end up throwing up and sleeping a good portion of the day.
#19 Old 07-07-2004, 10:20 PM

Diet soda and chocolate. Yum.

On occasion, beer, but not as often as the diet cola and chocolate.
#20 Old 07-07-2004, 10:31 PM

Does that even need to be asked of glamboy.....PB. Too me, that is bad.

~Glamboy
#21 Old 07-07-2004, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cissy View Post

Sugar free beverages are definitely a vice (not pop - bubbles hurt my throat really bad). I live for Sugar Free Kool Aid ()

And cereal. If it's there I eat it. Which sucks, not only because it's not that great for you (depending on the kind), but also I'm wheat intolerant, so I end up throwing up and sleeping a good portion of the day.

You should try cranberry sunrise. It's from Kashi and wheat free. I think you may need to adjust to the taste of the cranberries, but after that its really good.
#22 Old 07-07-2004, 11:14 PM

oh wait a second, i thought of another one.... wasabi peas! i don't know if they're particularly bad for you or particularly good for you, but i eat so many of them they burn my nose, and that *can't* be good!
#23 Old 07-08-2004, 09:04 PM

nevermind, i found a very good reason not to eat so many of them.... ohhhhh boy.
#24 Old 07-08-2004, 11:22 PM

http://bringingyouohm.wordpress.com/

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavanto

'May everyone everywhere be happy
May the whole world be joyous'

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page