Non-Lame Bridal Shower Games - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 06-29-2004, 06:13 PM
Beginner

Does such a thing exist?

I'm helping plan my sister's bridal shower and I'm in charge of coming up with some games. I think they assigned me this task because they know how much I loathe silly shower games. There are going to be about 30 women, with ages ranging from 16-70. I'm planning for indoor stuff, because I'm not sure what the weather will be like.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Please help me!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-29-2004, 08:12 PM
Beginner

At one bridal shower my mom went to (I couldn't go... it was the day of prom ), a game they played was to give each woman a card/piece of paper, and write down a piece of advice for marriage - each person read theirs aloud. It was a conversation starter, and could be entertaining.
#3 Old 06-29-2004, 08:14 PM
Beginner

<<<waves hand "I know! I know"

We played this one at a couple of showers ages ago.

You pass out ten pennies (or candies or whatever) to each participant.

Go around the group and each person has to say one thing that they've never done that they think everyone else has. I'll never forget this one (like 35 y.o.) lady saying that she had never pumped gas. If you've done the nominated activity, you have to throw your penny in a hat. Go around the circle until the end or until only one person has pennies. Person with the most left gets the prize.

The ones I pity are the ones who never stick out their neck for something they believe, never know the taste of moral struggle, and never have the thrill of victory. - Jonathan Kozol
#4 Old 06-29-2004, 08:21 PM
Beginner

Thanks ladies! I have a few ideas, but I'm looking for more. I refuse to have lame games dammit!

Oh, and all my research has lead me to conclude that I'm very very glad that I don't get invited to many showers. Holy crap some of the things people do are insane. Toilet paper wedding dresses? Popping balloons by sitting on them? Oy.
#5 Old 06-29-2004, 08:26 PM
Beginner

Ah yes, the TP wedding dress...a classic, indeed. I actually attended a bridal shower (co-ed) where the best man and the maid of honor supervised teams and then the "lucky" couple had to judge which was the best dress. Oh man......

The ones I pity are the ones who never stick out their neck for something they believe, never know the taste of moral struggle, and never have the thrill of victory. - Jonathan Kozol
#6 Old 06-29-2004, 11:08 PM
Beginner

Hey! My family does that for showers and it's quite fun.

No, it's not. They did it for one of my showers and it's a little stupid. A game my one cousin did was where she wrapped up different cheap items (dusting pan, dish soap, things that we'd use) and then they were passed around and everyone had to write on a piece of paper what they thought each mystery item was. That could be done with a non-household theme. Maybe something a little more fun.
#7 Old 06-30-2004, 04:11 AM
Beginner

The pennies one might be good. I'm planning a co-ed shower for missleigh, and I loathe most games as well. Good thread!
#8 Old 06-30-2004, 04:23 AM
Beginner

i like the penny game, i'll have to remember it. i've played a similar drinking game

i just went to one a couple weeks ago, we only played 2 games. one was sorta lame but it was funny. each person had to take turns putting on a blind fold, then putting on a pair of oven mitts. they then had to pick up a nylon (pantyhose works best but we only had the knee-high type) and try to put it on their foot. it's hard because you can't feel through the oven mitts so you don't know if you're holding it or if you've got the right end, and you don't have the dexterity to open it and get your foot in. we timed everyone and the fasted person to get it on their foot one a prize.

the other game was the typical old memory game. a tray was passed around full of various items, and then covered, we had to write down the items we remember and whoever had the most right won.

i've done that at baby showers also where the tray had baby-related items (including a condom and a pack of birth control pills lol). so i'm sure you could figure out marriage related items.

another game i've played at baby showers that you could do at a bridal shower... at the beginning everyone gets a token of some kind, at baby showers we used little paper cutouts shaped like diapers pinned to our shirts. you could do other shapes, wedding bells or something. now the trick is you're not allowed to cross anything. arms, legs, ankles.. if someone sees you cross something they can go over and take your pin/token. whoever has the most at the end wins. i've heard of this done another way too, that instead of crossing you can't say the word "baby" (imagine not saying baby at a baby shower lol) so you could it that way with the word wedding

I'm singin' here to get rid of fear
Hope it disappears right here with the rain
But I know life is pain, not like a fairytale
Meaningless to pray, so just goin' on my way
~Miyavi "Torture"
#9 Old 06-30-2004, 04:27 AM
Beginner

Oh, I played one at the last bridal shower I went to that involved household items in paper bags. They were passed around and people could feel and shake them and write down what they thought they were. Whoever got the most correct won a cheap ass prize. (Sorry, it was.)
#10 Old 06-30-2004, 08:53 AM
Beginner

My girlfriend just planned one of those for her sister last week. One fun one that she told me about was: everyone got 2 note cards and on one they would write something that bothered them about their significant other, and on the second they'd write a solution to that (as wacky as you want, by the way). Then they'd shuffle the cards into two big piles and pass them out randomly so that again you had one of each card. Then you'd go around and read your new random problem/solutions. It sounded pretty funny.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page