Veggieboards Spring 2014 Postcard Exchange SIGN UPS! - VeggieBoards

Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 03-02-2014, 12:59 PM

Happy Spring!
Quote:
“Is the spring coming?" he said. "What is it like?"...

"It is the sun shining on the rain and the rain falling on the sunshine...” 

― Frances Hodgson Burnett, The Secret Garden
Cherry blossoms, tulip bulbs, and mosquitos are all springing back into life!
It is a beautiful time to exist where ever you are thriving right now. To celebrate one of the most beautiful seasons, Veggieboards is throwing a postcard exchange!

Please PM this account your Name, mailing address, and how many postcards you are willing to send

I would love it if everyone could get a whole bunch, I think it would be more fun, but that's only possible if you are willing to send several. Make note if you are able to send internationally, and if there is any user(s) you do not want to receive your address. 
If you have any comments, questions, concerns please PM this account, or any of the mods and we will work through it.
Homemade post cards are wonderful, fun, creative, and highly encouraged. The best (or most fun) postcards are those which convey the feeling/themes of your town or city. 
Important Dates:

Sign ups stretch from March 2, 2014 to March 14th, 2014. Matches will be made March 15th and 16th. All postcards should be mailed by March 25, 2014.

Photo Credit to the Skagit County Tulip Festival, in Skagit County Wash.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-02-2014, 05:27 PM
Impeach the psychopath

Count me in! I hope I get lots of postcards!

"There is more wisdom in the song of a bird, than in the speech of a philosopher...." -Oahspe
"The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time." -Buster Kilrain, The Killer Angels -Michael Shaara
"The fact is, none of us truly win, until we all win."
#3 Old 03-02-2014, 06:21 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm in.

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
#4 Old 03-03-2014, 03:26 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm in.

#5 Old 03-03-2014, 03:36 PM
Zelda Freak

I'm in! We have TONS of cool postcards in PDX!

~ Jennifer

* Find VeggieBoards:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
 +

* Find me:
+
+
#6 Old 03-04-2014, 05:44 AM
Veggie Regular

How neat!!

#7 Old 03-04-2014, 11:09 AM
Veggie Regular

I'm in this time! 

Aristede:book:

"Now listen, I know you've got to think about your image, 'cause image is important to you, because of course your friends are gonna dictate your actions through the rest of your lives, and I wouldn't want you to step away from them and become an individual, that would almost be too much!"...

#8 Old 03-06-2014, 01:56 AM

I'm in! ^_^
-Looking forward to it :)

#9 Old 03-06-2014, 10:10 AM
Riot Nrrrd

I'll be signing up ... tomorrow? Because that's when it says signup starts. :)

Jennifer C likes this.

Dave in MPLS / DISCLAIMER: I am not an actual rooster.
"It is better to light a candle than to curse the darkness"
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 18002738255
#10 Old 03-06-2014, 11:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in MPLS View Post

I'll be signing up ... tomorrow? Because that's when it says signup starts. smiley.gif

Not anymore!

>.>
Jennifer C likes this.
#11 Old 03-06-2014, 12:09 PM
Banned

Okay so I'm totally rubbish at this sort of thing but I think it sounds like a lovely idea :)  I am a total airhead so I miss posting deadlines every single time :(

Count me in (but don't expect to receive anything until Christmas!)

I promise to try my best :o

River likes this.
#12 Old 03-07-2014, 10:30 AM

I would like to sign up for the postcard exchange too. Is this there where I sign up? I prefer to mail in the USA only as postage rates are too costly elsewhere. 

#13 Old 03-07-2014, 10:42 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegangal55 View Post

I would like to sign up for the postcard exchange too. Is this there where I sign up? I prefer to mail in the USA only as postage rates are too costly elsewhere. 

Hi vegangal55 :)

If you send a PM (private message) to the thread starter (Santa Helper) then you can sign up.

In the PM you need to give your name, address, the fact you want to send in the USA only and let them know how many postcards you are willing to send.

River likes this.
#14 Old 03-09-2014, 12:16 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm in, I love getting post with actual handwriting on it!

Aristede likes this.

That awkward moment when your partner walks into the kitchen to find you huddled in the corner with an open container of nooch and a spoon and your mouth encrusted with little flakes...  
#15 Old 03-13-2014, 12:01 PM

Just a gentle reminder, today and tomorrow are the last days to signed up. Matches will be made promptly March 15th and 16th, so be aware. 

I am thrilled with how many people are opting to take part in this, and would like to thank everyone wholeheartedly. 

Aristede and Jennifer C like this.
#16 Old 03-15-2014, 05:04 AM

Hurray! Looking forward to it:)
#17 Old 03-16-2014, 04:28 PM

Matches have been made! The elf who thought this would be fun will be sending out messages to everyone over the next hour.
#18 Old 03-16-2014, 06:12 PM

As it happens, the very tired elf is being drug of on some personal business. She has finished sending out just over half the messages and will finish the second half tomorrow morning... stayed tuned folks, and sorry for the inconvenience!

Santa informed me laziness won't be tolerated, not even on spring break!

All matches have been sent out, if you did not receive yours or there is a mistake* please PM this account.

*Some international addresses look different, but I checked everything very thoroughly lest santa beat me more.
#19 Old 03-17-2014, 11:56 AM
Veggie Regular

Thanks Elf!

I just realised I forgot to put my country in my address so if you are writing to Joy M then I'm in the UK :)

That awkward moment when your partner walks into the kitchen to find you huddled in the corner with an open container of nooch and a spoon and your mouth encrusted with little flakes...  
#20 Old 03-17-2014, 02:37 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nooch View Post

I'm in, I love getting post with actual handwriting on it!

Handwriting? What's that? Surely you mean mass-produced and typed, yes? 

Nooch likes this.

"Now listen, I know you've got to think about your image, 'cause image is important to you, because of course your friends are gonna dictate your actions through the rest of your lives, and I wouldn't want you to step away from them and become an individual, that would almost be too much!"...

#21 Old 03-19-2014, 05:05 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aristede View Post

Handwriting? What's that? Surely you mean mass-produced and typed, yes? 

Handwriting is the illegible stuff that I use on postcards.:lol: 
Speaking of which, I mailed mine today!! YAY!! :pibo: 

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
#22 Old 03-20-2014, 03:10 PM
Veggie Regular

Tomorrow it's going to be a warm 56 degrees in Chicago, so I'll pop out and get my postcards then. They'll be mailed by this weekend most likely.

#23 Old 03-24-2014, 11:48 AM
Veggie Regular

Just posted mine. It took me ages to think of things to actually write on them, so apologies if they're really dull!

#24 Old 03-25-2014, 12:26 PM
Zelda Freak

Everyone - I'm sending mine a day late, SORRY! But some of you will be seeing my actual handwriting in your mailbox by next week ;)

~ Jennifer

* Find VeggieBoards:

+

* Find me:
+
+
#25 Old 03-25-2014, 12:34 PM
Veggie Regular

I have addressed mine, so I'll just get them to the post office and stamped. My recipients should be receiving theirs in the next few days.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page