"Internet Calls Fat Girl 'Fat' And Her Response Is ... Perfect" - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 07-03-2012, 02:23 PM
Super Moderator

http://www.upworthy.com/internet-calls-fat-girl-fat-and-her-response-is-perfect?g=3&c=ufb1

I wasn't quite sure where to put this, so I figured the Veggie Patch would do. THIS is how you deal with internet trolling, I admire her courage and willingness to explain simple concepts to idiots, hehe.

So many people have self esteem and body issues and get crap from people online just for existing, I thought this was inspiring smiley.gif

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-04-2012, 03:17 PM
Beginner

This girl is awesome! As a fat girl who's suffered a lot of self-esteem issues for a long time, this was a big pick-me-up to watch.sunny.gif

#3 Old 07-04-2012, 03:23 PM
Beginner

Good for her! No one should ever feel ashamed of their body.thumbsup.gif

"[-]But caging them, killing them, eating them was unthinkable. We were creatures of the same world."
-Animorphs, #18

#4 Old 07-04-2012, 03:23 PM
I ♥ Vegan Guys ◕‿◕

"Why does it hurt you that I don't hate myself?"

This girl's awesome <3

"Why should man expect his prayer for mercy to be heard by What is above him when he shows no mercy to what is under him?" ~Pierre Troubetzkoy
#5 Old 07-04-2012, 03:32 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4everaspirit View Post

"Why does it hurt you that I don't hate myself?"

This girl's awesome <3

yes.gif That was my favourite line, I feel like you could ask that question of many people on the internet.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#6 Old 07-04-2012, 06:15 PM
Beginner

Love it!

She's awesome! That really was perfect. 

"Ugliness, if given a powerful voice, can be beautiful."

-Martha Graham

#7 Old 07-04-2012, 10:56 PM
Beginner

Very inspiring video :)

I am working on accepting my size since I have struggled with an eating disorder and became fat because of it, and dieting triggers my ED issues. Seeing someone who's come this far in accepting herself inspires me, and what she says is true. Fat is just a fact, the other things people attach to it like being lazy or dumb is what makes it an offense in their eyes. But that is just their opinion.. Good that she reminded me of that :)

Nothing tastes as good as compassion feels.
#8 Old 07-05-2012, 06:17 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaVeg87 View Post

This girl is awesome!

yes.gif

We are all copies of the same machine. 

#9 Old 07-05-2012, 06:49 AM
Ankle Biter

Cool. I wish I knew her irl.

It is our choices that show what we truly are far more than our abilities. ~A. Dumbledore
#10 Old 07-05-2012, 07:27 AM
Beginner

Oh man... Wisconsin?! worried.gif

smiley.gif That was a great response.
#11 Old 07-05-2012, 12:51 PM
Beginner

thumbsup.gif

#12 Old 07-06-2012, 03:30 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windigo View Post
Fat is just a fact, the other things people attach to it like being lazy or dumb is what makes it an offense in their eyes. But that is just their opinion..

yes.gif

#13 Old 07-06-2012, 09:31 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:

Very inspiring video smiley.gif

I am working on accepting my size since I have struggled with an eating disorder and became fat because of it, and dieting triggers my ED issues. Seeing someone who's come this far in accepting herself inspires me, and what she says is true. Fat is just a fact, the other things people attach to it like being lazy or dumb is what makes it an offense in their eyes. But that is just their opinion.. Good that she reminded me of that smiley.gif

Great post! As I grow up I find I care what people say about me less and less, most people don't know what they're talking about so why should I stress out because they have some stupid opinion about how I should look or act? wink3.gif Some people (especially on Youtube) are just trolls anyway and deliberately trying to hurt you, not letting them do that takes away their power.

#14 Old 07-06-2012, 09:37 AM
Beginner

Kick ass!

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."
 Marilyn Monroe
#15 Old 07-10-2012, 09:57 AM
Beginner

I love this girl!  What a perfect response :)

#16 Old 08-04-2012, 06:59 AM
Beginner

That's really cool. I hope that 'haters' will think twice before they 'hate' on anyone else. Idiots. 

Also, kudos to her for the weight loss :)

“People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” 

#17 Old 08-04-2012, 07:18 AM
Beginner

Quote:

I am working on accepting my size since I have struggled with an eating disorder and became fat because of it, and dieting triggers my ED issues. Seeing someone who's come this far in accepting herself inspires me, and what she says is true. Fat is just a fact, the other things people attach to it like being lazy or dumb is what makes it an offense in their eyes. But that is just their opinion.. Good that she reminded me of that :)

I can relate to this! I have had an eating disorder for about 5 years now and just now finally learning to eat enough, which obviously makes me gain weight. Accepting that has been hard, but I know I will come out of it successfully! As long as I'm happy for who I am, my size doesn't matter. 

#18 Old 08-04-2012, 09:09 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigen92 View Post

Quote:

I can relate to this! I have had an eating disorder for about 5 years now and just now finally learning to eat enough, which obviously makes me gain weight. Accepting that has been hard, but I know I will come out of it successfully! As long as I'm happy for who I am, my size doesn't matter. 

It's great that you've both been able to pull through it.

I'm not sure I'd be able to. I've always struggled with my body image, but not really struggled with weight (until now, yikes)

“People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” 

#19 Old 08-05-2012, 03:38 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeggieFee View Post

It's great that you've both been able to pull through it.

I'm not sure I'd be able to. I've always struggled with my body image, but not really struggled with weight (until now, yikes)

It's tough, but you just have to realize that there is more to life than weight/food/body issues! When I finally realized all the things I had been missing out on by focusing solely on myself, I slowly began to loosen the rigid control over what went into my body or how I looked at myself. It's not easy and I still struggle from time to time, but it's getting better! 

Just keep going strong! hug.gif

#20 Old 08-05-2012, 01:00 PM
Beginner

This is way too good for an OMG....so OH MY GOD....I LOVE HER!!! I may have to post this to my FB.

Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid...~Albert Einstein~
"Nothing tastes as good as kindness feels" - ~ElaineV~
#21 Old 08-05-2012, 02:35 PM
Super Moderator

And while we're on the subject:

#22 Old 08-05-2012, 06:32 PM
Beginner

I loved that video. 

I have lost over 140lbs and I have farther to go, not a ton but in my mind I'd like to be like 120lbs even though I know it's not healthy.  Weight is such a struggle for some people.  I just try to keep thinking about how healthy i am.  I would love to have that girl's self confidence. 

#23 Old 08-05-2012, 06:47 PM
Beginner

She's awesome. I liked her response. :)

The internet is quite bizarre. I found this article interesting. I think it's related to the insults she received.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=why-is-everyone-on-the-internet-so-angry

"Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves." (Lord Byron)

#24 Old 08-05-2012, 07:23 PM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerryann View Post

I loved that video. 

I have lost over 140lbs and I have farther to go, not a ton but in my mind I'd like to be like 120lbs even though I know it's not healthy.  Weight is such a struggle for some people.  I just try to keep thinking about how healthy i am.  I would love to have that girl's self confidence. 

Wow, amazing of you! :thumbup:
#25 Old 08-06-2012, 02:19 AM
Beginner

this is such an amazing video...I really admire that girl! Thanks for sharing :)

#26 Old 08-20-2012, 12:10 AM
Beginner

"I have boobs!" Best part of the video IMO.

She's kinda cute, can't say I don't dig the bigger ladies ;)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page