Today's Food Log - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 11-15-2007, 03:34 PM

In light of the now closed other two threads, I am creating this one. There are only a few rules that MUST be followed to post in this thread.

you MUST be eating enough calories

any starvation posts, as they are deemed by the mods may be removed at their discretion.

otherwise, have fun!

can someone sticky this please?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-15-2007, 03:36 PM

Libellula, I'm stickying this thread, but I'd like to change the name to something more generic like "food log" or "food diary" or something, since the "healthy" part is likely to cause um, debate.

The ones I pity are the ones who never stick out their neck for something they believe, never know the taste of moral struggle, and never have the thrill of victory. - Jonathan Kozol
#3 Old 11-15-2007, 03:37 PM

LOL, go for it! what about Today's Food Log?
#4 Old 11-15-2007, 03:40 PM
Kiz

How about "Food, wonderful food log? Kind of implies how wonderful food really is, healthy or decadent, and avoids the "oh my god, food is awful" log?

Love the post? Why not buy the T-shirt!
http://www.kiz-shop.de/index.php?page=categorie&cat=8
http://www.kiz-shop.de/index.php?page=product&info=94
#5 Old 11-15-2007, 03:41 PM

You guys choose the name, i have to go start dinner.
#6 Old 11-15-2007, 03:48 PM

Changed it for now. If you think of something else, just PM one of the mods.

I kind of like "Food, wonderful, food" There is a chips commercial that airs here with people dancing around singing "chips, glorious chips...". It kinda reminds me of that. I even dreamt about the song/commercial one night (except it was "cheese, glorious cheese").

But, I'm already taking this thread off topic.

What I ate:

handful of raisins

Bag of sunbites (like sunchips)

the dreaded diet coke

leftover cornbread and veg. stew

stirfry with tofu, broccoli, carrots, peppers, eggplant

brown rice

green beans

The ones I pity are the ones who never stick out their neck for something they believe, never know the taste of moral struggle, and never have the thrill of victory. - Jonathan Kozol
#7 Old 11-15-2007, 04:27 PM

I love the daily food threads! I am a very beginner cook and like to get ideas about what other people were eating. Can we mention workouts too?

Here is what I ate today. Felt a little off this morning due to taking some pretty strong allergy meds, but it's settled down now, and I had a good dinner.

Breakfast: Home-made smoothie and raisins

Snack: Snack-size Blueberry Applesauce

Lunch: Broccoli burger, clementine, rice crackers

Snack: Cup of miso soup

Dinner: Triscuit and warm dip (consisting of shredded carrots and parsnips, veggie ground round, tomato soup and a few other things)

All in all, not bad for a sick day One thing I should mention to put my posts in context, I do have some food allergies that I need to be mindful of. The big two are a corn allergy (hence, the triscuit instead of chips, and the need to make everything myself and not buy prepared versions) and a nut allergy---I have never reacted to a nut itself, but I have something called oral allergy syndrome, which is a cross-reaction to tree fruits in people with tree nut allergy. Some fruits like berries and grapes I can have raw, but many fruits (peaches, plums etc.) I can only have in cooked or processed form (it kills the proteins). I am anaphylactic to raw apples and won't go near them. So, it can be hard for me to get in as many fruits sometimes. It is sad because I love them, but the one time I reacted to apples (after eating them without incident my whole life) was REALLY scary, so I have not chanced it again. So anyway, I say this only to put my posts in context and explain why I eat so much applesauce and canned fruit compared to what some of you might eat
#8 Old 11-15-2007, 05:02 PM

what is a broccoli burger?
#9 Old 11-15-2007, 05:23 PM

Whew! Found you!

Anyway, today's menu:

B: Oatmeal, coffee

L: Veggie sandwich (mushrooms, lettuce, tomato, onion, mayo on white); vegetable soup with oyster crackers

S: Peanut-butter PowerBar

S: A dollop of peanut butter to stave off the before-dinner hungries

D: Chick'n patty with noodles sauteed in olive oil with spices; collard greens; sherry

S: Probably something later.
#10 Old 11-15-2007, 06:13 PM

ooh veggieboards drama! hehe

I always felt weird reading the old food day threads because as a recovering ED girl I felt like ate a LOT more than others. I dunno here goes my day:

B: ezekiel cereal w/blueberries, dates, walnuts,

BOOST high protein vanilla drink

coffee

S: wheat free fig newton thingy

BOOST high protein vanilla

L: 1/2 gardenburger

spinach & carrots w/veganese

sprouted grain bun

S: Prana Bar

D: Sunflowerseed burger

sweet potatoe fries

peas and onions

Veggie juice

S: probablly some kefir and pumpkin pie
#11 Old 11-15-2007, 06:41 PM

Breakfast: 2 slices homemade wheat bread with Earth Balance and Polaner All Fruit seedless raspberry spread and coffee.

Lunch: Homemade vegetarian baked beans, another slice wheat bread with Earth Balance, single serve tropical fruit cup (Dole), ice tea

Dinner: General Tao tofu dish with rice, ummm more bread (I like homemade bread a LOT) and ice tea

I probably will eat some Rice Dream Mud Pie frozen dessert later.

"Women & cats will do as they please, & men & dogs should relax & get used to the idea." Robert Heinlein
#12 Old 11-15-2007, 07:46 PM

B: 1 apple and a bowl of corn flakes with soya milk

L: Small salad with olive oil, carrot and celeriac soup with wholewheat bread

D: Quinoa with broccoli, mushrooms, red pepper, garlic and sunflower seeds, 1 slice of toasted wholewheat bread with homemade aduki bean dip.
#13 Old 11-15-2007, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libellula View Post

what is a broccoli burger?

A veggie burger mostly made of broccoli...

I am actually kind of tired of them now. I was really into them for awhile.
#14 Old 11-15-2007, 08:37 PM

Do you make them or get them from somewhere?

Today:

B: Plain bagel, hazelnut coffee, soy yogurt

S: Sugar-free gingerbread soy latte

L: 4 smartdogs + red pepper hummus sandwich on rye, OJ

D: Two ww pitas w/ hummus, soyburger, and lettuce greens

Peach iced tea, beer

Something later that DOES NOT involve hummus! LOL. That is like all I ate today was hummus.
#15 Old 11-15-2007, 08:40 PM

I would just like to say that I am glad about all of this drama. I found that I didn't really feel like I was allowed to post in either of the other food log threads.... And this will just be all of us talking about what we ate. Excellent - I love reading threads like this.

Today

Coffee - lots (I know, I know)

WW wrap with natural PB rolled around a banana - best easy breakfast ever.

Clementines

Sesame tofu & asparagus

More Clementines & some raisins

Pasta with roasted asparagus and onions, with a N. yeast/almond milk sauce ()

POPCORN with far too much margarine.... and pop.
#16 Old 11-15-2007, 08:50 PM

let me just interject that even if you aren't eating perfect healthy meals, i want you to post here. Recovering from an ED? fine. Please be eating enough to sustain yourself for all of your daily activities.
#17 Old 11-15-2007, 09:02 PM

I get them from the store. They are Zoglo brand, I think. But as usual with me and novelty foods, I get into something and then over-do it and get tired of it. I am over the broccoli burger now.

Made some chocolate pudding though. Yum! You can add some of that to my log for today Tomorrow, I am very excited because I get pancakes and fruit for lunch. The woman who makes the lunches for the kids I teach allows us to sign up on days she is serving something which interests us. Tomorrow is pancake day, and I am so there. Yum! And I don't have to worry about packing something.
#18 Old 11-15-2007, 09:22 PM

Fun! I'm excited about reading what everyone else eats!

B: uh... coffee

L: Spinach wrap with baby spinach, roasted red peppers, green peppers, hummus, carrots, and tomatoes. Black beans and corn mixed up plain on the side.

L2: (Cause I didn't have breakfast ) Leftover channa masala. Yum!

D: Weird angel-hair pasta thing with sundried tomatoes, red, yellow, and green peppers, pine nuts, and smoked tempeh.

Tomorrow... no peppers
#19 Old 11-16-2007, 12:34 AM

Yay I'm glad for this food log where we can post what we eat! I have to admit in the other thread, I would sometimes lie and say I ate fruit for a snack or something so I was able to post Stupid, I know!

Today...I didn't eat much this morning because I was running around and studying for my huge Spanish test. I made up for it at dinner

S: wheat thins, pickle

S: grapes

L: pasta w/ marinara sauce, breadstick

S: applesauce

D: quinoa pilaf with black beans; mixed veggies (mostly green beans and broccoli); bow-tie pasta with big chunks of peppers, mushrooms, onions, zucchini; romaine and spinach with black olives and cherry tomatoes

Dessert: Ben & Jerry's "berry berry extraordinary" sorbet in a cone

I'm aware my dinner was huge And it was my first time trying quinoa- I likey! Not a bad meal for being dorm food
#20 Old 11-16-2007, 02:41 AM

Ok, this is a good idea. I think that specifications any more complex than "make sure you are eating enough" can get really tricky and confusing. I always try to only post when I eat what I am supposed to. So I'll look and get ideas here, and I'm sure it will help
#21 Old 11-16-2007, 03:29 AM

yesterday!!

b: peach apricot soy yogurt, muesli, fig jam, and black tea

l: roasted celeriac and purple potatoes with garlic, glass of mixed fruit juice, a pear

d: peanut butter and jam on a naan bread (had no regular bread haha), green tea, dried dates

s: a crepe with strawberry jam in the middle of the night

mmmmmmmmm carby. mmmmmmmmm jam. 3 out of 4 meals in a day that include jam...not bad, I'd say!
#22 Old 11-16-2007, 05:29 AM

Yesterday:

Breakfast: bread and cheese

Middle of the morning: 1 yogurt, 4 or 5 cookies, a banana

Lunch: rice with mushrooms and olives, covered with bechamel sauce (don't know how you call it in English)... delicious

Afternoon: 1 yogurt, 4 or 5 cookies, grapes

Dinner: pizza and cola (didn't feel like cooking)

Dharma
#23 Old 11-16-2007, 05:41 AM
Kiz

Early morning. Espresso coffee, 2 slices of pumpkin 5-seed bread with tahini, more espresso. Third of a carton of soy milk.

Midday Good sized bowl of stir fried Hokkien noodles with stewed eggplant. 1 small glass of a nice cabernet merlot.

Early afternoon to late afternoon: Many, many slices of white Lebanese bread.

Green olive spread.

Hommous

Baba Ganuj

Better than cream cheese

Quince paste

small bit of premium quality creamy goats' cheese

Spicy Thai Coriandar and Cashew dip

Some pieces of short bread type stuff, some with jam, some with chocolate, some rumball, another type of sweet pastry thing.

3 bottles of Amstel (a nice Dutch beer)

Night: Half a regular pizza - tomato base with artichoke and spinach

lots of garlic bread

"real" (sugar) pepsi

Coffee

On the train home: Chocolates

medium bottle of pear, apple, pineapple and passionfruit juice.

#24 Old 11-16-2007, 05:52 AM
Kiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by nookle View Post

I would just like to say that I am glad about all of this drama. I found that I didn't really feel like I was allowed to post in either of the other food log threads.... And this will just be all of us talking about what we ate. Excellent - I love reading threads like this.

Yeah, me too. I never really posted much before because I didn't really "fit in" to either thread. I'd like to be able to do be allowed to just post descriptions of wonderful meals we have and want to share without worrying about "logging" our whole day's food. I never remember everything I eat.

#25 Old 11-16-2007, 05:59 AM

and that's fine post only your breakfast, or only your lunch!

we want to see waht fun meals EVERYONE can come up with.
#26 Old 11-16-2007, 06:20 AM

Plan for today

Breakfast: Smoothie

Snack: Raisins

Lunch: Pancakes with veggie sausage and strawberries (yum! she was very accomodating about my food allergies)

Dinner: Going to Mom;s, so probably soup, salad, asparagus, stir-fry and noodles for everyone else, baked potato for me (she uses chinese noodles which have corn starch). There may be some kind of pastry for desert, which I may or may not have. And probably, there will be more strawberries, or watermelon, or tangerines.
#27 Old 11-16-2007, 07:00 AM
Kiz

Heh, I have days like that. Eat lightly but tastily during the day and go to mum's and get fed up well.

#28 Old 11-16-2007, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiz View Post

Spicy Thai Coriandar and Cashew dip

What what? Do tell - is this a recipe you make?
#29 Old 11-16-2007, 08:32 AM
Kiz

Ha! No, some slightly overpriced but very nice dip I got from the supermarket. I don't think it would be hard to make, though.

#30 Old 11-16-2007, 08:36 AM

The other nice thing about Mom's is the leftovers I may go out during my break and get something protein-ish. I am a little hungry, and lunch will be very carb-y.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page