Please don't ignore this info for those of you who believe in vaccines this is not anti-vax at all. It is just wanting to make the vaccines safer and alert people to the dangers & the choices they have. Please read the whole article if you are considering getting a flu shot. It says you can pay 2.50 more for a mercury free one! You just have to ask for it.
. It was a good read even for me even though they still promote vaccines & you guys know I am not a vaccine supporter AT ALL! However I do support making them slightly less damaging for people who feel they want them.http://www.organicconsumers.org/2006/article_3400.cfm
Key findings from the poll, conducted October 27-30 by Zogby International, include:
* 74 percent of respondents are unaware that most flu shots contain mercury.
* After learning that mercury is an ingredient, 74 percent are less likely to get a flu shot and 86 percent of parents say they are less likely to get their child a flu shot.
* 78 percent of respondents believe mercury should not be an ingredient in flu shots given to pregnant women and children.
* 73 percent believe the government should warn pregnant women not to get a flu shot if it contains mercury.
* More than 70 percent agree that Congress, doctors and medical groups (e.g., the American Academy of Pediatrics) should take responsibility for ensuring that vaccines do not contain mercury.
* 80 percent of respondents and 82 percent of parents are willing to pay the $2.50 additional cost for a mercury-free flu shot.
"A common myth is that Thimerosal is added to vaccines in 'trace' amounts," said Mike Wagnitz, who has over 20 years experience evaluating materials for mercury and is employed as a senior chemist with the University of Wisconsin. "The concentration of mercury in a multi-dose flu vaccine vial is 50,000 parts per billion. To put this in perspective, drinking water cannot exceed 2 parts per billion of mercury, and waste is considered hazardous if it has only 200 parts per billion. Is it really safe then to inject pregnant women, newborns, and infants with levels of mercury 250 times higher than what is legally classified as hazardous waste?"
Agreeing that mercury has no place in vaccines, seven states have passed Thimerosal bans in recent years: California, Delaware, Illinois, Iowa, Missouri, New York, and Washington. California is the first to have implemented the ban for the current flu season, but Governor Schwarzenegger temporarily overturned the ban on November 2 after a shortage of mercury-free flu shots led to pressure from state medical groups.
"Parents need to be informed about all aspects of their children's healthcare, including vaccines," said Deirdre Imus, President and founder of The Deirdre Imus Environmental Center for Pediatric Oncology at Hackensack University Medical Center and co-founder and co-director, with husband Don Imus, of The Imus Cattle Ranch for Kids with Cancer. "It doesn't make common sense to inject Thimerosal, a known neurotoxin, into the bloodstream of our babies."