nose piercing - won't go back in. Help! - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 08-11-2006, 06:55 PM

I got my nose peicred about 3 or so weeks ago now, and it's been fine. However this morning when cleaning it, it came out and won't go back in no matter what i seem to do. It also now seems kind of hard and a little swollen. I've tried looking for a piercer around here to help (Queenstown) but the only one is shut till monday. I don't really know why it's not going back in, it was litterally less than a minute from it coming out to me trying to put it back in, it cant of healed over that quickly and also it's come out once before and gone back fine. I don't think it was that hard and swollen before i tried putting it back in either. How long will it take for it for it to be impossible for me to get it back without getting it repeicered? Will it be okay for a few days? or at least a couple of hours till i can try again? Is there some kind of trick to gettting it back in i don't know about?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-11-2006, 07:15 PM

If it's only been pierced for 3 weeks, it's probably closing up. I've had mine for 3 years and if I leave it out for a day, it's already starting to close a little.

You need to go see a piercer as soon as they open. Keep it clean, don't touch it (bacteria from your hand could infect it), and accept the fact that they'll probably have to repierce it. And see if you can get them to put a hoop in it or something, so it doesn't come out again.
#3 Old 08-11-2006, 08:10 PM

Yeah, it probably closed. I had mine pierced for over a year and I took it out for a day and the next night, the hole had closed up. It kinda sucked, but I figured taking it out was in my best interests for employment.
#4 Old 08-11-2006, 09:21 PM

my tongue piercing closed overnihgt
#5 Old 08-11-2006, 10:06 PM

They can close up really fast. Once I took out my original piercing, I couldn't get it back in 10 mins later. Fortunatly, I had a stud with a smaller gage that went in, but I did have to force it.

If you don't want a hoop, do try to get a screw that will stay in better!

And, unfortunatly, you may have to repierce it.

Good luck!

http://bringingyouohm.wordpress.com/

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavanto

'May everyone everywhere be happy
May the whole world be joyous'
#6 Old 08-12-2006, 12:11 AM

Awhile ago, my bro had his nose pierced (for the 2nd or 3rd time..) and he took his stud out, then a few mins after wanted to put a different one in... I forget if he actually got it back in... all I remember is him trying to force it back in. He'd had it pierced for a few weeks or so, and it'd already started to close. Also, one time he had to have all his piercings out, many of which he'd had for at least a couple months or so, and in the few days or so he had them out, most had closed up (his eyebrow, his tongue, and his nose)

My cartliage I've had pierced for 7 years or so, and whenever I take it out(which now is rarely), I still have to force it back in. It's funny how quickly piercings can close up, while others seem to stay forever.

Anyway... I'd suggest keeping the area well cleaned, and getting it repierced. Maybe even let it fully close before you do-? I dunno if it makes a difference getting a piercing redone right away, or letting it fully heal and close before getting it redone. The only holes I've had fully close then repierced were my 2nd holes in my ears... other body parts may differ. Either way, I definitly wouldn't try shoving it back in any time soon.
#7 Old 08-12-2006, 12:21 AM

I also have my nose pierced, so I know what you're going through.

Was it a nostril screw or a nose bone?

If it was a bone, don't even try to put it back in. With your piercing still very new, putting a bone back in will probably hurt and probably damage the healing tissue.

If you have a nostril screw, try to (quite literally) screw it back in. It's gonna be tough to put it in the first time you do it yourself.

Nostril screws are WAY better for new piercings than nose bones, though.

If it is a nose bone, get a surgical stainless steel captive bead ring or a screw with a longer stem (bent by your piercer!!!) so your piercing can heal properly. You won't risk one of those things accidentally popping out.

If your piercing is healing up and you can't get your jewelry in, you'll probably have to get it repierced.

Fun.
#8 Old 08-14-2006, 02:18 PM

That reminds me I have to repierce my second ear piercing soon. Poooo. I usually just repierce myself with some pain tolerance and a quick stab with a needle =P But I want another piercing in my ear as well.
#9 Old 08-14-2006, 02:21 PM

Putting my monroe in was hard..stupid little balls...I had to go back to my piercer. Piercers not in until mondays? I guess I love vegas more than I thought. I hope everything works out <3
#10 Old 08-17-2006, 12:19 AM

Thanks everyone. It never got back in and has now pretty much healed over.

It's the most frustrating thing, i really miss it. Anyway having now left Queenstown i managed to find a decent piercist today, told him what happened. Appently i need to wait two weeks till it's properly healed before getting it repierced, which is kind of annoying. But never mind. I won't make the same mistake twice hopefully. And it's actually made me realise how much i liked it, so theres always a bright side to theese things isnt there. I just can't believe it healed over so quickly.
#11 Old 08-17-2006, 12:45 AM

That sucks! My advice is to definitely wait the full 2 weeks, I would recommend much much longer if you can stand it. Don't be tempted... it hurts a hell of a lot more to have something repierced before the scar tissue is fully established and has had time to soften up a bit... trust me, I know! If it ever happens again, you might try lubing up your jewelry and nose with antibacterial soap or vitamin E oil and just pushing like the dickens! Sometimes the lubrication makes a world of difference.

I had an x-ray taken of my wisdom teeth a few weeks ago, so I put in plastic retainers in my lip and tongue (obviously) but I didn't expect them to need me to remove my nose ring, so I had to leave it open until I got home. Now my nose has been pierced and fully healed for 3 years, and it was only out for 20 minutes TOPS but when I tried to put it back in at home, I literally had to POP it back in. It was gross. Then, after my actual wisdom teeth extraction surgery, when I tried to put my lip and tongue jewelry back in, 2 of them were all but closed. The lip was a real struggle with lots of pinching but it finally popped through, and the back tongue hole was so hard to get through it actually starting bleeding, but the front one slid right back in like nothing ever happened. Piercings are weird and sometimes a pain in the butt. Good luck with next time!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page