Elderberry Extract Fights West Nile Virus, as well as Colds & Flu - VeggieBoards - A Vegetarian Community
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 07-18-2006, 03:53 PM
Beginner

Elderberry extract fights West Nile virus, as well as Avian Flu

[I have been using Sambucol whenever I get a cold or flu. It knocks back the symptoms almost immediately. I've never seen anything work better! Now there are tests showing Sambucol also stops Avian Flu and West Nile Virus. There must have been something to our elders using Elderberry Wine!]

Findings of a new study in Israel show that the deadly West Nile virus may have a natural enemy.

The in-vitro laboratory research at the Kimron Veterinary Institute shows that a uniquely standardised black elderberry extract, Sambucol, (available at health food stores and online), neutralises the sometimes-fatal virus.

The West Nile virus is carried in birds and spread to humans by infected mosquitoes. Such was the cause of last year's deadly outbreak in the New York metropolitan area. The virus has now been detected in 12 states and US health officials warn of its spread across the entire country.

There is no specific therapy or vaccine against the West Nile virus. But in a recently published human clinical study, Sambucol Black Elderberry extract was shown to enhance immunity by stimulating increased production of certain white blood cells (cytokines).

Study researchers concluded "... in addition to its antiviral properties, Sambucol Elderberry Extract and its formulation activate the healthy immune system by increasing inflammatory cytokine production. Sambucol might therefore be beneficial to the immune system activation and in the inflammatory process in healthy individuals or in patients with various diseases."

The complete study is published in European Cytokine Network (Volume 12, Issue 2, June 2001, pages 290-296.)

West Nile has a quick incubation period. In more severe cases, the virus may cause encephalitis (inflammation of the brain) or meningitis (inflammation of the lining of the brain and spinal cord) potentially resulting in permanent damage and death. The most vulnerable are the elderly or individuals with weak immune systems.

Sambucol was developed by virologist Dr. Madeline Mumcuolgu, who produces the unique black elderberry extract in Israel.

"I believe we're only at the beginning," Dr. Mumcuolgu said.

"I believe Sambucol's applications to be far wider than have yet been shown."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-18-2006, 05:39 PM
Beginner

oh wow. Sounds alot better than pumping your veins full of chemicals to prevent the virus...
#3 Old 07-19-2006, 07:46 AM
Beginner

Quote:
in addition to its antiviral properties, Sambucol Elderberry Extract and its formulation activate the healthy immune system by increasing inflammatory cytokine production.

So miracuously it works on the the virus and on the infected person!!!

I quess this thread is only an advertisement trying to lure new customers.

If I'm not answering quickly enough - leave a note on Twitter for @Rheumatologe
#4 Old 07-19-2006, 09:31 AM
Beginner

I am all stocked up with Sambucol and olive leaf just in case.
#5 Old 07-20-2006, 09:05 AM
Beginner

You said, "this thread is only an advertisement trying to lure new customers."

WRONG. Europeans have known about Sambucol for a long time. Americans are just now starting to learn about this amazing berry and its ability to neutralize ALL viruses.

But you go ahead and get that crap from your doctor who probably never even heard of Sambucol. After all, your doctor is just a shill for Big Pharma.
#6 Old 07-20-2006, 09:09 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver View Post

WRONG. Europeans have known about Sambucol for a long time. Americans are just now starting to learn about this amazing berry and its ability to neutralize ALL viruses.

But you go ahead and get that crap from your doctor who probably never even heard of Sambucol. After all, your doctor is just a shill for Big Pharma.

all viruses? has Herpes been eradicated in Europe? Hot Damn!!!
#7 Old 07-20-2006, 03:24 PM
Beginner

Yes, HERPES is helped using Elderberry extract!

Elderberry extract has numerous anti-viral therapeutic properties. Clinical studies have proven Sambucol to be effective in fighting a number of influenza virus strains. Laboratory tests have also proven the efficacy of Sambucol on the HERPES VIRUS. Sambucol has also been proven to enhance the immune system and help prevent viral infection.

The Elder Flowers and ripe Elder Berries have long been used as a pleasant article of food, making home-made drinks and preserves, wine and pies, chutney and ketchup. The wine which improves with age is taken hot with sugar just before going to bed and is an old fashioned and well established cure for a cold. The ripen berries pose valuable medicinal properties. It is known as one of the best preventives against the advance of influenza and the ill effects of a chill. From the days of Hippocrates, Elder has been famous for its medicinal properties. It is believed that since every part of the tree has medicinal properties, virtually every ailment of the body was curable by it. Its properties are summed up as Everything necessary for a universal remedy. Sambucol was developed in 1991 by Dr. Madeleine Mumcuoglu, a world-renowned virologist.
#8 Old 07-20-2006, 03:25 PM
Beginner

Preliminary independent studies also show that Elderberry Extract is effective against the AIDS virus.
#9 Old 07-20-2006, 03:27 PM
Beginner

that's amazing! why did they have all those plagues and stuff then? why is there still HIV in europe with this amazing discovery?

this is a bunch of hooey.
#10 Old 07-20-2006, 03:28 PM
Beginner

Quote:

Preliminary independent studies also show that Elderberry Extract is effective against the AIDS virus.

Link? what studies. show me.
#11 Old 07-20-2006, 03:49 PM
Beginner

Quote:

Yes, HERPES is helped using Elderberry extract!

Quote:
Europeans have known about Sambucol for a long time. Americans are just now starting to learn about this amazing berry and its ability to neutralize ALL viruses

Help or Neutralize? which is it?
#12 Old 07-20-2006, 05:58 PM
Beginner

Quote:

Pretty sure he's in Germany...not America.
#13 Old 07-20-2006, 06:44 PM
Beginner

ahh! Gaya's here. Let the Games begin!!!
#14 Old 07-20-2006, 10:43 PM
Beginner

Eh, maybe if this poster sticks around. I'm definately interested in learning more about viruses.
#15 Old 07-21-2006, 06:47 AM
Beginner

Quote:

Don't get me wrong, I love elderberry juice, which I drink daily (together with soy milk, which might not be everybodies choice for the taste buds.); it's the false claims I#m aiming at!

#16 Old 07-21-2006, 06:53 AM
Beginner

Quote:

Elderberry extract fights West Nile virus, as well as Avian Flu

[I have been using Sambucol whenever I get a cold or flu. It knocks back the symptoms almost immediately. I've never seen anything work better! Now there are tests showing Sambucol also stops Avian Flu and West Nile Virus. There must have been something to our elders using Elderberry Wine!]

Findings of a new study in Israel show that the deadly West Nile virus may have a natural enemy.

The in-vitro laboratory research at the Kimron Veterinary Institute shows that a uniquely standardised black elderberry extract, Sambucol, (available at health food stores and online), neutralises the sometimes-fatal virus.

The West Nile virus is carried in birds and spread to humans by infected mosquitoes. Such was the cause of last year's deadly outbreak in the New York metropolitan area. The virus has now been detected in 12 states and US health officials warn of its spread across the entire country.

There is no specific therapy or vaccine against the West Nile virus. But in a recently published human clinical study, Sambucol Black Elderberry extract was shown to enhance immunity by stimulating increased production of certain white blood cells (cytokines).

Study researchers concluded "... in addition to its antiviral properties, Sambucol Elderberry Extract and its formulation activate the healthy immune system by increasing inflammatory cytokine production. Sambucol might therefore be beneficial to the immune system activation and in the inflammatory process in healthy individuals or in patients with various diseases."

The complete study is published in European Cytokine Network (Volume 12, Issue 2, June 2001, pages 290-296.)

West Nile has a quick incubation period. In more severe cases, the virus may cause encephalitis (inflammation of the brain) or meningitis (inflammation of the lining of the brain and spinal cord) potentially resulting in permanent damage and death. The most vulnerable are the elderly or individuals with weak immune systems.

Sambucol was developed by virologist Dr. Madeline Mumcuolgu, who produces the unique black elderberry extract in Israel.

"I believe we're only at the beginning," Dr. Mumcuolgu said.

"I believe Sambucol's applications to be far wider than have yet been shown."

This text had been published by Foodnavigator, which serves the food industry with information. See following link:

http://www.foodnavigator.com/news/ng...extract-fights

#17 Old 07-21-2006, 07:14 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaya View Post

Pretty sure he's in Germany...not America.

Maybe, but I'm not sure, I haven't seen a campaign für elderberry extracts here in Germany. I still think silver is trying to lure us into buying something.

He mentioned a scientific report, which states: Acknowledgements. This study was not funded in any way by the company which produces and markets the product of Sambucol in Israel. That doesn't sound like independent research. Still: with the extract and with elderberry juice (which everyone can cook, here in Germany elderberry bushes/trees are abundant).

#18 Old 07-21-2006, 07:34 AM
Beginner

Sambucol Black Elderberry extract was shown to enhance immunity by stimulating increased production of certain white blood cells (cytokines).

#19 Old 07-21-2006, 08:36 AM
Beginner

Silver, unless you can offer some proof, this thread will be closed. Making unqualified statements about political issues is one thing, but making those kind of remarks about health topics can be dangerous.

It's time to put up or shut up.

The ones I pity are the ones who never stick out their neck for something they believe, never know the taste of moral struggle, and never have the thrill of victory. - Jonathan Kozol
#20 Old 07-21-2006, 01:33 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lothar M Kirsch View Post

Maybe, but I'm not sure, I haven't seen a campaign für elderberry extracts here in Germany. I still think silver is trying to lure us into buying something.

He mentioned a scientific report, which states: Acknowledgements. This study was not funded in any way by the company which produces and markets the product of Sambucol in Israel. That doesn't sound like independent research. Still: with the extract and with elderberry juice (which everyone can cook, here in Germany elderberry bushes/trees are abundant).

I'm gonna have to try some elderberry juice!...and soy milk? eh, that could be good. I like blueberries in rice milk.

Quote:

I'm interested and will check it out. eta: well the European Cytokine Network is not listed in my uni's E-journal list...i'll keep looking. I'm confused about what the ECN is if anyone feels like shedding some light for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamJen View Post

Silver, unless you can offer some proof, this thread will be closed. Making unqualified statements about political issues is one thing, but making those kind of remarks about health topics can be dangerous.

It's time to put up or shut up.

hallelujah
Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page