Vegan Remedies for a Sore Throat - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 06-09-2003, 07:34 PM
Beginner

I have yet to drag my butt to the pharmacy but does anyone know if Halls are vegan? I can't seem to find any info. Or anyother type of throat lozenge (sp?)

I did the gargling with warm water & salt.. no good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-09-2003, 07:36 PM
Beginner

try eating some pineapple or drinking pineapple juice. there is an enzyme in it that helps sore throats
#3 Old 06-09-2003, 07:49 PM
Beginner

When you go to bed at night or if you're home during the day do this: Take a piece of cotton or cotton like cloth long enough to fit around your neck and dip it in cold water. Wring it out and wrap the wet cloth around your neck. Take a wooly type piece of dry cloth or strip of old blanket and wrap that around the wet piece. Fasten with a pin so it doesn't slip. Leave this on until the cold wet piece of cloth warms up. You can repeat this several times if necessary. I know this sounds weird but it actually works. The cold cloth against your neck brings more blood to that area and you have more white blood cells fighting the throat infection. That's how it was explained to me. I've been using this remedy for years.

Isabella
#4 Old 06-09-2003, 10:53 PM
Beginner

that sounds logical. might have to try that next time myself.

you can also try gargling with cayenne, apple cider vinegar and water, add honey if you eat it

i remember reading that aloe can be used to gargle for sore throats too, but i don't know if you'd add anything else or just aloe and water.

I'm singin' here to get rid of fear
Hope it disappears right here with the rain
But I know life is pain, not like a fairytale
Meaningless to pray, so just goin' on my way
~Miyavi "Torture"
#5 Old 06-10-2003, 03:23 AM
Beginner

If you can find Throat Coat tea that works wonderfully for sore throats. If you have access to bulk herbs, you can make a tea from licorice and slippery elm that has the same effect.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page