White Wave Soy

Nutrisoy

Vitasoy

Organic Valley

Edensoy

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-15-2005, 04:58 PM

it really depends on what you're looking for. i don't think you can pick one that is "healthiest." what are your criteria? less sugar? more protein? more fat? less fat? calcium and vitamin d? no calcium for some reason? b12? these things have different priority levels for different people.
#3 Old 04-15-2005, 05:40 PM

maybe I should ask which brand you *think* to you. is the healthiest(?)
#4 Old 04-15-2005, 09:19 PM

Pacific is fortified with the most calcium. Which is what I'm scanning the labels for.

But the Silk Enhanced, I'm getting into lately. EFAs, and it tastes good.

Edensoy tastes so horrible, it has to be good for you?
#5 Old 04-15-2005, 09:25 PM

I've always liked President's Choice best, though I'm not sure it's the healthiest.
#6 Old 04-15-2005, 09:27 PM

Edensoy tastes does horrible. Mine tasted very watered down.

Right now I drink Silk Light Org. plain
#7 Old 04-15-2005, 09:42 PM

A lor of those brands aren't available where I live but right now my preference is Vitasoy unsweetened. It's fortified, no added sugar and it doesn't have any weird additives. I'd like to try one the omega-3 fortified ones though.
#8 Old 04-15-2005, 10:37 PM

i prefer edensoy over the others, most of the time, but lately i have been getting into silk light plain and vanilla
#9 Old 04-16-2005, 02:22 AM

I like Silk for nutrients and the fact that it's vegan. My favorite types are chocolate, very vanilla (I actually like it now), and the spice-latte (not sure of the exact name).

For taste, I like 8th Continent..even though it's not vegan. My favorite type is light vanilla.
#10 Old 04-16-2005, 09:11 AM

vitasoy complete, vanilla is SO YUMMY it is kinda creamy and it is fortified with fiber and has 6 grams of protein instead of 4 per serving compared to the original...it also is fortified with calicium and other vitamins, i highly recomened it, it has the same cals as the light vanilla, but tastes alot better and is healthier!
#11 Old 04-16-2005, 10:18 AM

I just tried vitasoy and yeah it is delicious. We pretty much go back and forth between SIlk unsweetened and vitasoy now(depends which store I am at).
#12 Old 04-16-2005, 10:22 AM

I have no idea. I tend to buy Natur-a because it's a good price, vegan, and Canadian-made. I don't actually drink it though, I just use it in baking. I don't drink any "milks." I use fortified rice dream on my cereal.
#13 Old 04-16-2005, 11:26 AM

Most of those aren't even available in my area unfortunately. The Eden soy is awful! I love the Silk Enhanced with the EFA's. The ZenSoy which I've seen online looks good too. Other than that I don't know.
#14 Old 04-16-2005, 01:01 PM

Vitasoy Complete. For reasons stated: fiber, protein, fortified calcium and taste.

I like that it says Vegan right there on the packaging.

I like the taste better than about 3 others I've tried.

I didn't really follow the thread about 8th Continent not being Vegan, but just the seed of doubt was enough to put me off.

I haven't liked the other non soy milks: rice, almond or oatmeal.

Off topic: does anyone know if recycling the waxed *paper* contaniners is better for the environment than recyclyling the plastics like 8th Contintent? That was the other reason I stopped using that one.

From the Vitasoy website:

VITASOY COMPLETE ORIGINAL

Its refreshing milk-like taste is great chilled by the glass and on cereal. Contains 71% less net carbs, 50% less fat, and 30% less calories than the leading brand of plain soymilk, plus 4 times the fiber.

View the Nutrition Facts | View Comparison to Leading Brand

Ingredients: Filtered water, organic whole soybeans, acacia gum, Tricalcium Phosphate, organic cane juice (dried), natural flavor, salt, carrageen, Zinc Oxide, Riboflavin (Vitamin B2), Vitamin A Acetate, Vitamin D2, Vitamin B12.

Here's the vitasoy complete site: http://www.vitasoy-usa.com/vitasoy/newproducts.html
#15 Old 04-16-2005, 01:41 PM

vitasoy is the only brand of plain soymilk i can drink straight without gagging. i've been using almond milk instead of soymilk lately though.
#16 Old 04-16-2005, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewisdom View Post

I like Silk for nutrients and the fact that it's vegan. My favorite types are chocolate, very vanilla

Me, too! Very vanilla is so yummy!!!
#17 Old 04-16-2005, 04:24 PM

I only drink Silk due to the fact that that's the only kind my campus store sells.
#18 Old 05-26-2005, 01:11 PM

out of the ones i've tried i would say silk because it's natural, has loads of calcium and b12 XD
#19 Old 05-26-2005, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatless View Post

I have no idea. I tend to buy Natur-a because it's a good price, vegan, and Canadian-made. I don't actually drink it though, I just use it in baking. I don't drink any "milks." I use fortified rice dream on my cereal.

I drink Natur-a, too, largely because it's inexpensive. Their unsweetened is the 'healthiest' to me because I look for low-sugar, high-protein and whole soybeans rather than soy protein isolate in soy milk. (Although whole soybeans might be more for taste than for nutrition.) I'm currently drinking the plain, which is sweetened, because it was on sale -- 25% off!

In my opinion, if you're trying to be sure you get enough calcium and protein, the healthiest soy milk is the one you will drink. If unsweetened soy milk will just sit in your fridge, you're better off with sweetened soy milk.
#20 Old 05-26-2005, 01:43 PM

I think it's a balance. The boys adore silk. Drink it straight with dinner. And it's very good for them. So for me, it's better than any other brand that might be more nutritious. You know?
#21 Old 05-26-2005, 02:04 PM

when i consumed soy milk, i consumed edensoy extra.

it was higher in protien and lower in fat, as well as being low in sugar. it was fortified with calcium, b12, a number of other vitamins. to me, it has the best macro and micronutrient spectrum.

I also liked the taste. I bought the unflavored or 'natural' kind, because the other flavors had more sugar and were too sweet for my tastes. I considered most of the other brands available to be too thin, too chalky, or too sweet. Most of them, i couldn't stand!

So, it was good old edensoy extra for me. Now, though, i don't consume soy. Some of the rice and almond milks are good.
#22 Old 05-26-2005, 03:09 PM

Of that list, I like Silk. I haven't had many other brands of soy milk. I don't know which is the healthiest. My fav. brand of soymilk is a store brand actually. (Publix)
#23 Old 05-27-2005, 02:52 AM

I think Silk tastes best, plus their flavoured kinds don't have tons of sugar (at least not as much as the other brands available here). When I am feeling more neurotic, i get the organic unsweetened soymilk that's made locally, but even I have to concede that it's an aquired taste...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page