• 1 Post By Ger Jonker
  • 3 Post By Spudulika
  • 2 Post By Capstan
  • 2 Post By Knowtions In Motion
  • 3 Post By Werewolf Girl

#1 Old 08-29-2017, 08:26 AM
Beginner

Forest Bathing

"A forest bathing trip involves visiting a forest for relaxation and recreation while breathing in volatile substances, called phytoncides (wood essential oils), which are antimicrobial volatile organic compounds derived from trees, such as a-Pinene and limonene. Incorporating forest bathing trips into a good lifestyle was first proposed in 1982 by the Forest Agency of Japan. It has now become a recognized relaxation and/or stress activity in Japan." -- excerpt from Wikipedia

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-29-2017, 08:36 AM
Beginner

I recently saw a really good documentary film entitled CALL OF THE FOREST: The Forgotten Wisdom of Trees

Learned people, who are featured in this film, stress just how very vital trees are to our health.

Check out: www.calloftheforest.ca

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
#3 Old 08-29-2017, 10:33 AM
Veggie Regular

Also known as going for a 'walk in the woods' .
We do this frequently, often every weekend (if we're not going for a walk on the beach).

Last edited by Spudulika; 08-29-2017 at 10:35 AM.

#4 Old 08-29-2017, 03:31 PM
Impeach the psychopath

I'm lucky. There's a bit of forest just beyond my back yard. I live literally on the edge of town. I was born, raised and lived most of my life in big cities, 'concrete jungles;' then, about 1996, I decided to get the heck out. I had come to the conclusion that any town with over 2000 people was subject to insanity. It was at the same time I was transitioning to veganism. I love trees and have planted 3 of them in my yard.
Attached Images

"There is more wisdom in the song of a bird, than in the speech of a philosopher...." -Oahspe
"The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time." -Buster Kilrain, The Killer Angels -Michael Shaara
"The fact is, none of us truly win, until we all win."
#5 Old 08-31-2017, 12:27 PM
Vegan, Mostly WFPB

We're fortunate enough to live on land that used to be a x-mas tree farm. It's especially magical to venture back into the spot that was first planted back in the early 80s. It's like entering a whole other world.

We share the land with bears, coyotes, foxes, deer, wild turkeys, etc., etc. They've all been especially visible and active this year. Lots of animal energies present. Lots of babies.

Learning to forage for wild plant sustenance has been one of the most rewarding things I've ever learned, and gives me even more of a purpose as I venture out into the tree-filled surroundings. Autumn olives are ripe and abundant currently. Mmmmm.... Kind of bitter freshly picked, but sweeten up some if frozen.
Werewolf Girl and Ger Jonker like this.

"Strange times are these in which we live when old and young are taught falsehoods in school. And the person that dares to tell the truth is called at once a lunatic and a fool." ~Plato
#6 Old 08-31-2017, 01:57 PM
Super Moderator

I truly believe this has therapeutic benefits. I'm lucky to live in a place where I'm very close to some magnificent forests and no matter how stressed out I am I always instantly start to feel better after spending some time in the woods.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page