Vegan Sources of Calcium & Tips for Best Absorption - VeggieBoards

Forum Jump: 
 3Likes
  • 1 Post By MeatFreeAthlete
  • 1 Post By Jamie in Chile
  • 1 Post By Jamie in Chile

#1 Old 01-26-2017, 06:45 PM

Thumbs up Vegan Sources of Calcium & Tips for Best Absorption

Hey guys! I created a new video sharing a list of quality vegan sources of calcium, the RDA, and tips for best absorption:

(quick 3 min video)

What's your favorite/go-to sources of vegan calcium?!
rose10 likes this.

Meat Free Athlete website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Lifestyle Apparel & Jewelry:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

YouTube - Subscribe!:

Instagram:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-27-2017, 01:29 PM
Veggie Regular

Good video. I seem to be eating a lot of things pictured in your video, and so perhaps I should be OK. I also get a lot of sun here, so vitamin D levels being high. Calcium doesn't seem to have a "go-to" (natural) source as so many foods have it, but so few seem to have it in a very high quantity. Perhaps almonds is the closest thing to a "go-to" in terms of whole plant foods, as it has a higher concentration of calcium than most things according to some sources I've seen.
#3 Old 01-27-2017, 01:32 PM
Veggie Regular

Very occassionally, I do a very large amount of exercise in one day, like run 20 miles, or walk 20 miles, or cycle 50 miles, and I found when I did this either the day after (or 2 days after) my legs would just seize up and for a day I would just be hobbling. However, now I'm eating vegan this just doesn't seem to happen so much this year.

I am also finding that I can run very slightly faster than before.

It's hard to say for sure whether this is all coincidence, or whether it's due to my diet or losing a bit of weight or other reasons.

But, although I am not a serious athlete, I do generally feel my athletic performance is either slightly better or certainly at any rate no worse.
MeatFreeAthlete likes this.

#4 Old 01-27-2017, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie in Chile View Post
Good video. I seem to be eating a lot of things pictured in your video, and so perhaps I should be OK. I also get a lot of sun here, so vitamin D levels being high. Calcium doesn't seem to have a "go-to" (natural) source as so many foods have it, but so few seem to have it in a very high quantity. Perhaps almonds is the closest thing to a "go-to" in terms of whole plant foods, as it has a higher concentration of calcium than most things according to some sources I've seen.
Thanks for watching! Glad you liked it
That's great that you're already eating a bunch of high-calcium foods! Getting lots of Vit D is awesome too!

YouTube - Subscribe!:

Instagram:
#5 Old 01-27-2017, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie in Chile View Post
Very occassionally, I do a very large amount of exercise in one day, like run 20 miles, or walk 20 miles, or cycle 50 miles, and I found when I did this either the day after (or 2 days after) my legs would just seize up and for a day I would just be hobbling. However, now I'm eating vegan this just doesn't seem to happen so much this year.

I am also finding that I can run very slightly faster than before.

It's hard to say for sure whether this is all coincidence, or whether it's due to my diet or losing a bit of weight or other reasons.

But, although I am not a serious athlete, I do generally feel my athletic performance is either slightly better or certainly at any rate no worse.
That's awesome that you're feeling better athletically as a vegan! I feel the benefits too

YouTube - Subscribe!:

Instagram:

Tags
calcium , health , nutrition , Vegan , video

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page