Abdominal Pain/Muscle Tightening! - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 09-29-2004, 08:19 AM

Ok, so since yesterday, I've been having some serious abdominal pain and I can't figure out why. Like last night, it felt like the muscles in the pit of my stomach were tightening up on me so much so that I couldn't even stand up straight. I just curled up on the floor 'til the pain went away. Then this morning they came in spasms it seemed, and I would double over in pain again and I had to sit in a fetal position til it passed. It seemed like that would help, but it really didn't do much. And even now, I still feel my muscles tightening up in my stomach without even trying. Its weird and VERY annoying and somewhat painful. What is wrong with me?? Even if its gas (ick), I've never had it this bad. Ugh - sorry for the rant.

Any suggestions??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-29-2004, 08:42 AM

That sounds like what I get when I have bouts of (suspected, not diagnosed) IBS. I did this yoga pose, which I do for any cramping or other abdominal pain/problems. Are you under a lot of stress? Is it PMS? Do you feel nauseous? If it doesn't subside within a day or two, maybe you should see a doctor.
#3 Old 09-29-2004, 08:47 AM

Are you ovulating? Also when I get stressed out my ovaries swell up and hurt like you described. Another possibility is a urinary infection - you should see your dr if it hurts when you pee.

Most likely though it's just something you ate getting stuck in there - drink lots of water and eat a bunch of kale or something with lots of fiber. (and don't try too hard when you do go, it could be a hernia too. be gentle with your insides )
#4 Old 09-29-2004, 09:00 AM

Thanks for all the input guys!

Actually, I don't have PMS, as its not that time of the month, which is why I find this so weird. Also, I haven't felt nauseous or anything and it doesn't hurt when I go to the bathroom - I just feel my abdominem (sp?) crunching up/tightening up on me ALL the time. It's just very uncomfortable. I have had a significant amount of stress tho due to added responsibility on my job and other stuff, but stress has never affected me physically before (or at least, not like this). Ugh. I really don't want to have to see a doctor, so I've just been sipping on warm water all day and hoping my muscles will relax a little. I still feel it tightening up, but at least the spasms have stopped so far.

Oh and Christy - that yoga pose is heaven sent!! I usually go into that position when I have cramps and it works every time! Unfortunately, can't exactly try that at work
#5 Old 09-29-2004, 09:03 AM

This could be any number of things some of which are "normal" growing pains and others which are much much more serious. Pay special attention to other things as well. Like, do you feel hot, cold, sleepy, nervous, nauseous, can't concentrate..is there any pain anywhere else? I'd say if you have other things going on along with this then you should get to a doctor a.s.a.p. Not to scare you or anything, but one of my best friends died on 9/10 from a ruptured gallbladder. I'm telling you this as proof that atention to stomach pain shouldn't be put off if you feel it's getting worse or affecting other areas.
#6 Old 09-29-2004, 02:47 PM

Oh, I hope its nothing serious! I've been paying close attention to it tho, and there's nothing that goes along with it (no nausea, rise or drop in temperature or anything like that) so I think I should be ok, I hope. I'm wondering if its just stress or something I ate?? Can too much fruit give you stomach pains?? It started the day before yesterday in the afternoon, and all I had so far that day was 3 bananas and lemonade multi-vitamin water. I'm not sure why it hasn't stopped yet.
#7 Old 09-30-2004, 04:50 AM

Never eat bananas on an empty stomach. Never. They do bad things to your blood sugar and throw your insulin out of wack. See here .

Eat some protein and complex carbs.
#8 Old 07-23-2013, 05:35 PM

Hi,I have that too,and mines an ultser.Try some randitine with proton pump inhibitors,and if you are feeling constipated then try a stool softener with it too.Take care and good luck.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page