Is there a vegan "meal" drink? or a amino acid supplement? Any advice is appreciated. TY - VeggieBoards - A Vegetarian Community
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 07-17-2013, 07:45 AM
Beginner

Hello Everyone,
I have a question about Amino Acids. I am a very light eater, I am vegan. I just don't eat very much food, I often skip meals simply because I am not hungary. 

I am reading about amino acids and how you have to eat foods with each of the essential amino acids everyday. I know I do eat enough food to get all of the essential amino acids.

Do you think it would be ok for me to take one of those "complete" amino acid supplements? Just to be sure I get them all everyday?

I know AA can be dangerous.
I took 5-HTP for 4 days and the 1st day was GREAT I slept like a rock and woke feeling good, 4th day had scary bad headache, not good. I read 5-htp can cause stertonian overdose in the brain, possible death, starts with bad headache! I stopped 5-htp.

I am not a body builder or heavy exerciser, I see muscle builder type products in connection with amino acid supplements.

I was thinking maybe I can take a complete amino acid supplement to be sure I get them all everyday OR are amino acid supplements bad for your brain? I read on a AA supplement label that has all the AAs but that it needed to be taken with protein.

I have read that amino acids compete with each other, thus when taken together in one capsule some get absorbed others do not because they push each other out?

I know eating all the foods is best but I can't make myself eat when I am not hungry. That is why I thought a supplement might be a good solution.

After reading more, what does everything think of meal "drinks", I can drink where I am not eating, if the drink has nutrients of a meal that should work? idk, I drink water, so maybe a meal drink would be an option.

I AM NOT on a diet or trying to lose weight however all meal drinks seem to be all about losing weight. And they all have milk! I can't find a vegan one.

I just want to make sure I am getting all the necessary nurtients/amino acids to be healthy without having to make myself eat when I am not hungry. I know I am not getting them now because I do not feel healthy, I feel weak and tired.

Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-17-2013, 07:46 AM
Beginner

sorry i misspelled advice on the headline, I started to type a different statement and forgot to correct the spelling.

#3 Old 07-17-2013, 09:34 AM
Riot Nrrrd

Quote:
sorry i misspelled advice on the headline

I fixed it for ya.

Dave in MPLS / DISCLAIMER: I am not an actual rooster.
my blog - Vintage Veg
"It is better to light a candle than to curse the darkness"

#4 Old 07-17-2013, 09:39 AM
Banned

How about green smoothies?

You most likely feel week and tired bc you are not eating enough food. You need to eat enough daily calories or you will not be a healthy person.
#5 Old 07-17-2013, 09:53 AM
Beginner

how do I make a green smoothie? Thank You smiley.gif

#6 Old 07-17-2013, 10:02 AM
Banned

Green smoothies are very versatile, use a combo of fruits and veggies and blend them up in a blender. Try to include some kind of leafy green like spinach, kale, chard, or romaine. Combine with one or two fruits like bananas, berries, melon, apples. Add lemon juice, herbs, ginger or other flavor boosters. Experiment with combos to find some u like. Using frozen fruit creates a nice thick texture.
#7 Old 07-19-2013, 05:46 PM
Beginner

You might want to look into Vega products as well. I've heard good things about them although I haven't tried them myself.

They have vegan meal replacement drinks that, as I understand it, come premixed or you can mix with your beverage of choice.
#8 Old 08-20-2013, 06:48 AM
Beginner

Of course It is better to get amino acids from food in a drink. I just saw an article about this. Protein has all the essential amino acids.

Garden of Life® Partners with Marley Coffee to Launch New Raw Protein and Raw Meal Flavors

Quote:
"We're very pleased to partner with Marley Coffee, as the Marley brand is recognized and respected worldwide," said Ray. "Raw Protein and Raw Meal are best sellers in health food stores nationwide because they are raw, vegan, USDA Certified Organic, non-GMO, and gluten-free. Adding fair trade organic Marley Coffee will be a treat for our thousands of protein and meal replacement devotees."

Garden of Life's raw, organic meal replacement and protein supplements have dominated the industry for more than a year. Made with raw organic sprouted grains, seeds, greens, fruits and vegetables, the products also contain Vitamin Code vitamins, minerals, live probiotics and enzymes.

The very latest research shows that lack of vitamin D that comes from the sun of God or God's sun in pregnant women and babies causes autism and type 1 diabetes according to PubMed and other sources. Prevent Autism and Type 1 Diabetes.

http://bit.ly/type-1d 

#9 Old 08-20-2013, 08:31 AM
gherkin

Even if there is a problem with your amino acid intake, step, perhaps it is only one of the 9 essential amino acids. Perhaps it is lysine, which is in beans and some nuts. I take 1gram lysine pills; I'm not absolutely sure how much lysine you need per day; around 1 to 3 grams....

Here's a table:

http://www.veganhealth.org/articles/protein

#10 Old 08-29-2013, 01:23 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinchen View Post

You might want to look into Vega products as well. I've heard good things about them although I haven't tried them myself.

They have vegan meal replacement drinks that, as I understand it, come premixed or you can mix with your beverage of choice.

Alway want to explore some good product related health anf fitness , so can you please make some elaborative post regarding your product?

It's Ways to pass a drug test http://www.passusa.com/

#11 Old 08-29-2013, 06:38 AM
Beginner

It's not my product nor have i tried it, I've just read a number of positive reviews about it. I've provided you a link to the Vega website in my original post if you'd like to learn more about it.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page