Which herbs reduce sex drive in men? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
#1 Old 04-07-2012, 02:38 PM
 
Essence of Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 35
I don't want to provide the exact details, but long story short, I want to know a list of herbs that help decrease sex drive in men without affecting any other body functions like brain function. I heard of licorice, but unfortunately it can cause liver toxicity.

If the herb can permanently (rather than reversibly) reduce sex drive, then that'll be even better!


Thanks a bunch!!!
Essence of Life is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#2 Old 04-07-2012, 02:54 PM
 
vegkid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: In the depths of N'Kai
Posts: 3,910
And why in the hell would you want that?

Enjoying the view over at http://forum.veggieviews.com/

vegkid is offline  
#3 Old 04-07-2012, 02:57 PM
 
Essence of Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 35
It's complicated. It doesn't matter what my intentions are; I just want a list of herbs that reduce sex drive in men.
Essence of Life is offline  
#4 Old 04-07-2012, 02:57 PM
 
Envy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Heaven
Posts: 6,548
in b4 OP puts it in husbands food.

"Hell exists not to punish sinners, but to ensure that nobody sins in the first place."
Envy is offline  
#5 Old 04-07-2012, 03:00 PM
 
Thorham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 909
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegkid View Post

And why in the hell would you want that?

Perhaps because sex is nasty?
Thorham is offline  
#6 Old 04-07-2012, 03:02 PM
 
vegkid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: In the depths of N'Kai
Posts: 3,910
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorham View Post

Perhaps because sex is nasty?

Oh dear, a natural process that isn't nasty is suddenly nasty!

I mean, I have no interest in sex at all but I wouldn't go that far. All I'm asking is why the OP is making this strange request.

I can't think of any herbs that do anything to anyone's sex drive.

Enjoying the view over at http://forum.veggieviews.com/

vegkid is offline  
#7 Old 04-07-2012, 03:09 PM
 
Kibbleforlola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 3,483
Viagra.

Redbull and vodka.

Who needs sleep when we've got love?
Who needs keys when we've got clubs?
Who needs please when we've got guns?
Who needs peace when we've gone above?
Kibbleforlola is offline  
#8 Old 04-07-2012, 03:11 PM
 
vegkid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: In the depths of N'Kai
Posts: 3,910
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbleforlola View Post

Viagra.

Redbull and vodka.

I think they sell Viagra at the local herb market. Make sure you get it from a local grower with their own Viagra plants.

Enjoying the view over at http://forum.veggieviews.com/

vegkid is offline  
#9 Old 04-07-2012, 03:12 PM
 
Envy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Heaven
Posts: 6,548
Testosterone injections.

"Hell exists not to punish sinners, but to ensure that nobody sins in the first place."
Envy is offline  
#10 Old 04-07-2012, 03:12 PM
 
SomebodyElse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: In a California Ghost Town
Posts: 7,245
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegkid View Post

Oh dear, a natural process that isn't nasty is suddenly nasty!

I mean, I have no interest in sex at all but I wouldn't go that far. All I'm asking is why the OP is making this strange request.

I can't think of any herbs that do anything to anyone's sex drive.

The OP has already stated that they do not want to provide exact details.

The only thing I've ever heard of is the historical use of saltpetre by nunneries and monasteries.

www.thesaucyvegan.com
SomebodyElse is offline  
#11 Old 04-07-2012, 03:21 PM
 
vegkid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: In the depths of N'Kai
Posts: 3,910
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomebodyElse View Post

The OP has already stated that they do not want to provide exact details.

The only thing I've ever heard of is the historical use of saltpetre by nunneries and monasteries.

Well when somebody says that, it makes one slightly suspicious.

The OP's desire for something permanent indicates that they want to change somebody, maybe against their will.

Enjoying the view over at http://forum.veggieviews.com/

vegkid is offline  
#12 Old 04-07-2012, 03:22 PM
 
Kibbleforlola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 3,483
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegkid View Post

Well when somebody says that, it makes one slightly suspicious.

The OP's desire for something permanent indicates that they want to change somebody, maybe against their will.

Yeah...drugging someone is never the answer. Sounds like the op needs to have a frank talk with their SO about their sex life.

Who needs sleep when we've got love?
Who needs keys when we've got clubs?
Who needs please when we've got guns?
Who needs peace when we've gone above?
Kibbleforlola is offline  
#13 Old 04-07-2012, 03:49 PM
 
vegkid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: In the depths of N'Kai
Posts: 3,910
Then again, it could all be a misunderstanding and OP is actually trying to help out their sex-craved partner who is begging them for herbal help. Which is why I wanted to know: WHY would you want to do that?

Enjoying the view over at http://forum.veggieviews.com/

vegkid is offline  
#14 Old 04-07-2012, 04:11 PM
 
Savvington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 663
I highly doubt there's such a thing that would work permanently, and that it would be a good idea if there was.

Jesus saved me, but the file was corrupted.
Savvington is offline  
#15 Old 04-07-2012, 04:22 PM
 
vegkid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: In the depths of N'Kai
Posts: 3,910
Actually, I can think of one thing that reduces sex drive in men permanently, but it'd be illegal unless performed by a doctor who gained incredible amounts of consent from the patient. It doesn't involve herbs, though, and I don't think you want to go there.

Enjoying the view over at http://forum.veggieviews.com/

vegkid is offline  
#16 Old 04-07-2012, 04:26 PM
 
Thorham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 909
The power of the mind, perhaps?
Thorham is offline  
#17 Old 04-07-2012, 04:28 PM
 
vegkid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: In the depths of N'Kai
Posts: 3,910
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorham View Post

The power of the mind, perhaps?

^

Celibacy!

Of course, if someone's sex drive is so high that one considers a permanent sex drive-altering herb to help the situation, then this might not be a possible alternative.

Enjoying the view over at http://forum.veggieviews.com/

vegkid is offline  
#18 Old 04-07-2012, 04:30 PM
 
Savvington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 663
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegkid View Post

Actually, I can think of one thing that reduces sex drive in men permanently, but it'd be illegal unless performed by a doctor who gained incredible amounts of consent from the patient. It doesn't involve herbs, though, and I don't think you want to go there.

Well, yes, I know a few things that do once the herbal requirement is lifted. Although usually it's considered a side effect.

Jesus saved me, but the file was corrupted.
Savvington is offline  
#19 Old 04-07-2012, 04:35 PM
 
Forster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,714
Quote:
Originally Posted by Essence of Life View Post

I don't want to provide the exact details, but long story short, I want to know a list of herbs that help decrease sex drive in men without affecting any other body functions like brain function. I heard of licorice, but unfortunately it can cause liver toxicity.

If the herb can permanently (rather than reversibly) reduce sex drive, then that'll be even better!


Thanks a bunch!!!

Just tell him that you plan on finding and slipping him some herb that will permanently reduce his sex drive. I guarantee that will end all unwanted advances from said person... probably permanently.
Forster is offline  
#20 Old 04-07-2012, 04:42 PM
 
Savvington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 663
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forster View Post

Just tell him that you plan on finding and slipping him some herb that will permanently reduce his sex drive. I guarantee that will end all unwanted advances from said person... probably permanently.

If this is indeed the case, I suggest that you also record the reaction and upload it to youtube. For science.

Jesus saved me, but the file was corrupted.
Savvington is offline  
#21 Old 04-07-2012, 05:14 PM
 
Essence of Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 35
*sigh*

Oh My God.


I'm NOT planning on slipping the anti-sex herb in someone else's drink. No. Why would I do something wicked like that?

It's someone that I'm very close to - he's sex crazed, and he's asking me advice on herbs he can take to reduce his sex drive. And he told me that it's better if his sex drive was permanently reduced.
Essence of Life is offline  
#22 Old 04-07-2012, 05:20 PM
 
Kibbleforlola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 3,483
Perhaps you should suggest your friend seek therapy. Problems like his often have psychological roots. Believe it or not, talking it out with a professional may actually help.

Who needs sleep when we've got love?
Who needs keys when we've got clubs?
Who needs please when we've got guns?
Who needs peace when we've gone above?
Kibbleforlola is offline  
#23 Old 04-07-2012, 06:12 PM
 
fadeaway1289's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 10,324
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbleforlola View Post

Perhaps you should suggest your friend seek therapy. Problems like his often have psychological roots. Believe it or not, talking it out with a professional may actually help.



If he's not willing to go to a therapist and still persistant about the herbs, I found this which might be helpful: http://www.ehow.com/way_5414563_herb...se-libido.html.
fadeaway1289 is offline  
#24 Old 04-07-2012, 06:23 PM
 
SomebodyElse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: In a California Ghost Town
Posts: 7,245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Essence of Life View Post

*sigh*

Oh My God.


I'm NOT planning on slipping the anti-sex herb in someone else's drink. No. Why would I do something wicked like that?

It's someone that I'm very close to - he's sex crazed, and he's asking me advice on herbs he can take to reduce his sex drive. And he told me that it's better if his sex drive was permanently reduced.

It's a wonderful window into the minds of some VBers though, whose first assumption about your motives is nasty and suspicious. :/

www.thesaucyvegan.com
SomebodyElse is offline  
#25 Old 04-07-2012, 06:45 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Midwest, USA
Posts: 1,189
Change your name to Herb, then kick him in the crotch.
Empty_Shell is offline  
#26 Old 04-07-2012, 08:43 PM
 
vegkid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: In the depths of N'Kai
Posts: 3,910
Quote:
Originally Posted by Essence of Life View Post

*sigh*

Oh My God.


I'm NOT planning on slipping the anti-sex herb in someone else's drink. No. Why would I do something wicked like that?

It's someone that I'm very close to - he's sex crazed, and he's asking me advice on herbs he can take to reduce his sex drive. And he told me that it's better if his sex drive was permanently reduced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomebodyElse View Post

It's a wonderful window into the minds of some VBers though, whose first assumption about your motives is nasty and suspicious. :/

You can at least understand why it sounded suspicious, can't you? The whole stay-out-of-my-business business.

If he is indeed sex-crazed, then he needs help. Not some "herb". This isn't the middle ages.

Enjoying the view over at http://forum.veggieviews.com/

vegkid is offline  
#27 Old 04-08-2012, 08:26 AM
 
dancingfire512's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 63
Essence of Life, there is no permanent way(herbally) to reduce male desire. It's a matter of self-discipline and diet control. Traditionally, the buddhist monks of SE Asia pretty much made a taboo out of eating anything in the garlic/onion family of vegetables as they are thought to enrage the senses promoting lust.

Also I have noticed that a drop in the amount of caffeeine consumed tends to have an effect on the sex drive however that is circumstantial evidence at best.

At any rate, it's as much a matter of willpower as it is a "magic" herb.

Best wishes to your friend.
dancingfire512 is offline  
#28 Old 04-08-2012, 08:33 AM
 
Forster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,714
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomebodyElse View Post

It's a wonderful window into the minds of some VBers though, whose first assumption about your motives is nasty and suspicious. :/

LOL, don't read too much idle speculation.
Forster is offline  
#29 Old 04-08-2012, 08:35 AM
 
Forster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,714
Quote:
Originally Posted by Essence of Life View Post

*sigh*

Oh My God.


I'm NOT planning on slipping the anti-sex herb in someone else's drink. No. Why would I do something wicked like that?

It's someone that I'm very close to - he's sex crazed, and he's asking me advice on herbs he can take to reduce his sex drive. And he told me that it's better if his sex drive was permanently reduced.

Well why didn't you just say why from the get go?
Forster is offline  
#30 Old 04-08-2012, 08:36 AM
 
Sevenseas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 25,068
You could try watching Herbie Goes to Monte Carlo and see if he wants to even live anymore after that, let alone want sex.

"and I stand

upon a mountain

made of weak and useless men"

Sevenseas is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off