Anyone use a salt pipe for breathing problems? - VeggieBoards - A Vegetarian Community
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 04-06-2012, 06:19 AM
Vegan Very Metal

During the past month, i have experienced some pretty bad breathing problems, brought on by my dust allergy. I sometimes only need to sneeze once and my breathing becomes shortened and i start to wheeze. I was wondering if anyone has ever used a salt pipe, and it has helped to ameliorate respiratory discomfort?

Some of the alleged benefits of regular use of a salt pipe are:

-Helps you breathe more easily
-Assists recovery from respiratory illness
-Helps cleanse the respiratory system

It would help to know that some people have found a salt pipe to be useful, before i spend £30 on one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-06-2012, 06:26 AM
Beginner

Hmm, I've never heard of this. I've had problems with my sinuses for the last few weeks and I've been using a basin of hot water with a towel over my head for the steam. I knew someone that used a Neti pot for her sinus problems and she swore by it.
#3 Old 04-06-2012, 11:52 AM
Beginner

I use a Neti pot if I've been around allergens and regularly during the hell that is pollen time. It's really strange at first but the relief is amazing. If I forget to wear a mask when I'm cleaning my guinea pig then the Neti pot is the only thing that keeps me from reaching for a nasal spray.
#4 Old 04-06-2012, 01:16 PM
Beginner

I was curious about this, but I just got a spare neti pot and filled it with coarse sea salt crystals. Much cheaper than a salt pipe. I can't tell you whether it works or not. I don't have any respiratory problems, but I don't know what to attribute that to.

www.thesaucyvegan.com
#5 Old 04-09-2012, 06:19 AM
Beginner

I don't have respiratory problems, but isn't the salt to help clear mucus from the respiratory tract? (I think thats what they do in cystic fibrosis? Research showed that individuals who surfed and hence breathed in the salty air had much milder symptoms than non-surfers with cystic fibrosis.)

God loved birds, he created trees.
Man loved birds, he created cages.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page