I'm Vitamin D Deficient / Blood Test Results - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
#1 Old 04-05-2012, 10:28 PM
Super Moderator
 
danakscully64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 33,894
I got my blood work back yesterday and all my levels are normal except my Vitamin D. The range is 30-100, my level was 19. This doesn't surprise me at all, I rarely go outside. I knew before my results came back (common problem in America), I had picked some supplements up shortly after I did the test. I'm taking 5,000 IU now, maybe 5 times a week or so. I hope that once my levels are up, my mood goes up. Anyone have experience raising their levels? What dosage and for how long?


I also got my cholesterol tested and it's higher than it was before.

Total (100-200 is normal): 176
Triglycerides (0-150 normal): 87
HDL (>39): 63
VLDL (5-40): 17
LDL (0-99): 96


My last results (from 09) were 144 or so, my HDL about the same, my LDL in the 60's. I eat restaurant food up to 6 times a week, that's my problem. I'm going to start making better choices at work, that's my downfall. The problem is the high fat foods are the only ones that keep me going my entire shift. If I eat "healthy," I'm STARVING 2 hours later. I need to figure out what to do. Also, I'm going to start cooking more meals at home, I rely on a lot of processed food because of my work schedule. I will eat better, I'm disappointed in myself for the results.
danakscully64 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#2 Old 04-06-2012, 12:54 AM
Beginner
 
SomebodyElse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: In a California Ghost Town
Posts: 7,245
What sorts of healthy things are you eating that leave you starving two hours later? Lots of people recommend a grazing eating style, where you would eat smaller amounts of food six times a day. There is nothing inherently bad about getting hungry every two hours as long as you aren't over eating, but your job might make grazing difficult.

www.thesaucyvegan.com
SomebodyElse is offline  
#3 Old 04-06-2012, 01:38 AM
Beginner
 
zirpkatze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,407
i'm vit d deficient too but i'm at 16ish and i live in the sunshine state. i don't really want to supplement, hoping actually going out in the sun will solve it.
zirpkatze is offline  
#4 Old 04-06-2012, 01:55 AM
Not such a Beginner ;)
 
LedBoots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 5,597
Danakskully, those results are not bad at all! Your LDL is the only thing that seems a little higher, but your total cholesterol is nice and low. Your high HDLs, common in young women, are great, balancing the ldls. And the deadly VLDLs are low too. Did they put a ratio on there like 1 to 5 or something? They take your hdl and ldl and do some math and come up with a ratio of risk of developing heart disease. I think your risk would be in the low zone. So many people are deficient in Vitamin D, I'm glad you got it checked and are going to supplement. Plus you were brave enough to get the labs drawn!
LedBoots is online now  
#5 Old 04-06-2012, 02:15 AM
Beginner
 
Digger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 3,900
The general rule of thumb for Vitamin D supplementation is that each 1000IU of D3 you take per day will raise your level by about 10 points so your current dosage seems about right to get you back up into the safe zone. I'd get retested in six months and adjust accordingly. As to how long you will need to supplement, I've had to take 2000IU every day rain or shine just to keep my levels where they should be so it seems I will probably need to take it indefinitely.
Digger is offline  
#6 Old 04-06-2012, 06:27 AM
Beginner
 
Scorpius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Pluto (the planet)
Posts: 6,676
My vit. D level was 9 last time it was tested. (about a month ago)

I'm hoping better nutrition and the sun will improve it without the need for supplements.

"you know, nowhere in the bible does it say that jesus was not a raptor"


www.animal-adoptions.org

Scorpius is offline  
#7 Old 04-06-2012, 06:59 AM
Beginner
 
ElaineV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,975
Regarding the cholesterol:
- eat more fiber
- exercise more
- eat less saturated fat

About D:
You may also want to spend time outdoors in the sun if you can tolerate it. Natural sunlight is an incredible mood-lifter.
ElaineV is offline  
#8 Old 04-06-2012, 09:37 AM
Beginner
 
ocrob37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 326
That sounds really high to me, but I have been having issues understanding supplements. I was very low as well and my doctor said to take 1000 IU per day. I read on the bottle not to exceed 2000 IU per day. I suppose a nutritionist would know better than an MD. I get the food thing pretty well, but those darn vitamins are tripping me up.
ocrob37 is offline  
#9 Old 04-06-2012, 12:20 PM
Super Moderator
 
danakscully64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 33,894
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomebodyElse View Post

What sorts of healthy things are you eating that leave you starving two hours later? Lots of people recommend a grazing eating style, where you would eat smaller amounts of food six times a day. There is nothing inherently bad about getting hungry every two hours as long as you aren't over eating, but your job might make grazing difficult.

Sometimes salads. Often I'll get brown rice, Gardein chik'n, and some stir fry veggies. I only get one 30 minute break, if that (if I work more than 6 hours). If it's a weekend, I'll often start at 4pm, get my break around 6:00 or 6:30 (depending on a lot of factors, could be earlier or later), then I won't get off until close to 11:30. I'm a waitress and when I'm looking at the computer, deciding what to order, I have to keep in mind that I won't eat for another 6 hours and I'll be running around like crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zirpkatze View Post

i'm vit d deficient too but i'm at 16ish and i live in the sunshine state. i don't really want to supplement, hoping actually going out in the sun will solve it.

I know myself and know I don't go outside I try to, but it never works out.
danakscully64 is offline  
#10 Old 04-06-2012, 12:35 PM
Super Moderator
 
danakscully64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 33,894
Quote:
Originally Posted by LedBoots View Post

Danakskully, those results are not bad at all! Your LDL is the only thing that seems a little higher, but your total cholesterol is nice and low. Your high HDLs, common in young women, are great, balancing the ldls. And the deadly VLDLs are low too. Did they put a ratio on there like 1 to 5 or something? They take your hdl and ldl and do some math and come up with a ratio of risk of developing heart disease. I think your risk would be in the low zone. So many people are deficient in Vitamin D, I'm glad you got it checked and are going to supplement. Plus you were brave enough to get the labs drawn!

I looked online and had a hard time grasping the difference... is a high VLDL more dangerous than the LDL? They didn't put any ratio on the lab work. I hope my risk is low

Thanks I survived the lab work, I was worried I wouldn't I hate getting blood drawn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger View Post

The general rule of thumb for Vitamin D supplementation is that each 1000IU of D3 you take per day will raise your level by about 10 points so your current dosage seems about right to get you back up into the safe zone. I'd get retested in six months and adjust accordingly. As to how long you will need to supplement, I've had to take 2000IU every day rain or shine just to keep my levels where they should be so it seems I will probably need to take it indefinitely.

Unfortunately, I lose my insurance next month, so I won't be able to retest until I get insurance again. It's way too expensive otherwise. So continue with the 5,000IU daily or every few days? I'll take it daily for a week to raise my levels, I just wonder what will keep them in the normal range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post

My vit. D level was 9 last time it was tested. (about a month ago)

I'm hoping better nutrition and the sun will improve it without the need for supplements.

The sun is the best. My soy milk alone is fortified with 30% of the Vitamin D I need and I still don't have enough. Vitamin D seems to be a problem for almost everyone.
danakscully64 is offline  
#11 Old 04-06-2012, 12:41 PM
Super Moderator
 
danakscully64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 33,894
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElaineV View Post

Regarding the cholesterol:
- eat more fiber
- exercise more
- eat less saturated fat

About D:
You may also want to spend time outdoors in the sun if you can tolerate it. Natural sunlight is an incredible mood-lifter.

Saturated fat is my killer. One of my favorite foods at work is loaded with it. I try not to have it too often, but I need to make sure I'm not eating it at all now. Or once a month.

I burn really, really easily, so I stay indoors. I was just outside for about a minute in the sun, more than that and I get uncomfortable. I'm not one of those girls who likes to go to the beach and lay in the sun. Wish I was. My white body blinds other beach-goers, so I keep covered for their safety

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocrob37 View Post

That sounds really high to me, but I have been having issues understanding supplements. I was very low as well and my doctor said to take 1000 IU per day. I read on the bottle not to exceed 2000 IU per day. I suppose a nutritionist would know better than an MD. I get the food thing pretty well, but those darn vitamins are tripping me up.

According to many sites, it's not too high: http://ezinearticles.com/?High-Dose-...ch?&id=4429024

I'll probably drop down to a lower dose soon or space my doses. I won't be needing 5,000 daily forever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parsnip View Post

222 cloudy days per year where I live, plus I read recently that if you live above the 45th parallel, as I do, that even on sunny days in Winter there is not enough ultraviolet radiation to produce vitamin D.

So I take Country Life 2000 IU non-fish liver source D3 daily from Fall through Spring. I have noticed the difference. I used to be reduced to a blubbering mess by mid-February but now I make it through Winter with only a couple rough patches. I haven't ever actually had my levels measured, though.

I live in So Cal, there's plenty of sun, I just avoid it

Glad it worked for you! I hope it works for me too.
danakscully64 is offline  
#12 Old 04-06-2012, 01:55 PM
Beginner
 
SomebodyElse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: In a California Ghost Town
Posts: 7,245
There are a few problems with relying on the sun to get your vitamin D up. If you are very low in D, sun will damage your skin before you will ever be able to make enough D from sun exposure. Vitamin D is one of the things that protects skin from sun damage.

The skin makes a maximum of 20,000 IU a day, in summer. But the time it takes to produce the maximum amount varies according to skin pigment. It can take one hour in the sun if you are very fair, and six hours if you are darker. The amount of time per individual increases as skin pigment increases too; in other words, the more tan you get, the longer it will take to manufacture the same amount of vitamin D. You also have to expose almost your entire body. A little sun on your arms in winter isn't going to cut it. It won't even do in summer.

One last word on D; it's a hormone produced by the body, not a vitamin. Calling it a vitamin leads to expecting to find it in the food supply, and it does not exist in the food supply. It isn't supposed to, because it is a hormone. So experiencing a deficiency in it doesn't point to any weakness in the vegetarian diet, as so many carnists like to do. People are being found more and more to be suffering from widespread low levels of D, and this is due to ignorance on the part of health experts, rather than because of people not eating right.

An interesting hypothesis that hasn't been studied yet is the relationship between high cholesterol and low D. You may find your cholesterol normalizes once you get your level of D where it should be. Though the range is 30-100, I have read that 60-80 is optimal.

And it is pretty normal to get hungry two hours later after eating salad. Fruits and non-starchy vegetables are usually digested in an hour or less, and will leave your digestive tract rapidly. You want to find difficult to digest foods that will stay in your system for a long time, if you can't eat something every two hours.

That's why so many new veggies and vegans complain of being hungry at first. Contrary to popular belief, meat is the most difficult "food" for our systems to break down, so it stays in the gut for the longest time, leading to a sense of fullness. The more quickly and easily digested a food is, the more quickly you will become hungry again after eating it.

Protein is the slowest food to digest, and high fiber grains are probably second. I know fat is rumored to satiate, but this is not the case. Fat is the most easily dealt with by the body, as it can be stored right in your fat cells without even being changed in its chemical composition.

I wonder if you could keep thermoses with high protein smoothies at work? That is something you might be able to consume rather quickly without much fuss so you wouldn't have to wait so long between meals.

www.thesaucyvegan.com
SomebodyElse is offline  
#13 Old 04-06-2012, 03:05 PM
Super Moderator
 
danakscully64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 33,894
The problem is I don't have access to a lot of healthy food at work. We don't have a break room, no employee fridge or microwave. We have a smelly locker room and aren't really supposed to have food in there, according to the Health Department. It's dumb. I do have a lot of food to choose from, but not much is healthy. The problem is, even when I'm home, brown rice, gardein chik'n, and veggies don't keep me full for long. My medicine makes me hungry, so that doesn't help. I've tried snacking on protein bars, I'm still super hungry within the hour. I hate not being able to eat more frequently, it makes me sick.
danakscully64 is offline  
#14 Old 04-06-2012, 03:26 PM
Beginner
 
Digger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 3,900
Quote:
Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post

I'll take it daily for a week to raise my levels, I just wonder what will keep them in the normal range.

Unfortunately it takes several months to correct a deficiency, with most studies I've read reporting a minimum of six to eight weeks of continuous supplementation to reach optimal blood levels. Given your aversion to being in the sun, once you stop supplementing your serum level will probably just start to drop again. Basically you need either regular sun exposure or regular supplementation for life. Also, a specific dose of Vitamin D will only raise your blood level so far and then it won't rise beyond that. That's why it's important to get retested in three to six months and make adjustments up or down as necessary. There are fairly inexpensive home tests you can buy but I can't vouch for their effectiveness. Of course none of us here are doctors so take everything you read with a grain of salt. Good luck!
Digger is offline  
#15 Old 04-06-2012, 04:43 PM
Beginner
 
AddieB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,705
About 2 months ago my Vit D was measured to be 15. I'm on 50,000IU 1x week for 12 weeks. Then I'm supposed to take 2,000IU/day until I have a change to go in a get retested. Shouldn't be a problem because it's spring and I'm outside more.
AddieB is offline  
#16 Old 04-06-2012, 04:53 PM
Contributing Member
 
whisper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,939

~


‎"One meal, soon forgotten, in exchange for a whole life." Author Unknown
"Fur is worn by beautiful animals and ugly people"
 

whisper is offline  
#17 Old 04-06-2012, 07:04 PM
Beginner
 
runnerveggie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,555
I don't want to discourage you from pursuing a healthier diet, but there is not a problem with your cholesterol, unless your doctor has some specific recommendations for you based on other risk factors for heart disease. An increase doesn't really mean much as you are still within the normal range and these tests aren't perfect. Here is some info on cholesterol from the American Heart Association.

Regarding vitamin D, it's true that you can't count on the sun, particularly if you're in the northern US. We just don't get direct enough sunlight to produce much vitamin D, plus with extra sun exposure comes the risk of skin cancer. You should ask your doctor or RD what dose of supplement to take as that's not really info that's safe to get from strangers on the internet (too much or too little is potentially dangerous).
runnerveggie is online now  
#18 Old 04-07-2012, 10:33 AM
Super Moderator
 
danakscully64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 33,894
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger View Post

Unfortunately it takes several months to correct a deficiency, with most studies I've read reporting a minimum of six to eight weeks of continuous supplementation to reach optimal blood levels. Given your aversion to being in the sun, once you stop supplementing your serum level will probably just start to drop again. Basically you need either regular sun exposure or regular supplementation for life. Also, a specific dose of Vitamin D will only raise your blood level so far and then it won't rise beyond that. That's why it's important to get retested in three to six months and make adjustments up or down as necessary. There are fairly inexpensive home tests you can buy but I can't vouch for their effectiveness. Of course none of us here are doctors so take everything you read with a grain of salt. Good luck!

I'm sure I'll be in the sun a little more during the summer, so I'm not too worried. Supplementing for life doesn't bother me, I know my sun issues. I would rather supplement than get skin cancer. My Dad had precancerous cells burned off his head, ouch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddieB View Post

About 2 months ago my Vit D was measured to be 15. I'm on 50,000IU 1x week for 12 weeks. Then I'm supposed to take 2,000IU/day until I have a change to go in a get retested. Shouldn't be a problem because it's spring and I'm outside more.

Please let me know how the retest goes
danakscully64 is offline  
#19 Old 04-07-2012, 10:37 AM
Beginner
 
AddieB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post

I'm sure I'll be in the sun a little more during the summer, so I'm not too worried. Supplementing for life doesn't bother me, I know my sun issues. I would rather supplement than get skin cancer. My Dad had precancerous cells burned off his head, ouch!



Please let me know how the retest goes

Will do. My dad and brother have both had precancerous cells removed so I've been trying to wear sunscreen more, which I think has been part of the reason for my deficiency...
AddieB is offline  
#20 Old 04-07-2012, 10:37 AM
Super Moderator
 
danakscully64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 33,894
Quote:
Originally Posted by whisper View Post

Would you be able to carry around something like nuts or a trail mix in your pocket, so you could snack on a few pieces here and there?

Unfortunately, no. Against policy and I only have pockets for change and my server booklet. The problem with snacking is it makes me even more hungry. It starts up my metabolism or something. I need to eat more small meals, I do when I'm at home. You know what helps keep me full? Coffee. If I get a blended coffee drink before work, I go a lot longer without food and I'm fine. Problem is, it's full of sugar and $4. Oh well, getting one today, I have a double to work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunnerVeggie View Post

I don't want to discourage you from pursuing a healthier diet, but there is not a problem with your cholesterol, unless your doctor has some specific recommendations for you based on other risk factors for heart disease. An increase doesn't really mean much as you are still within the normal range and these tests aren't perfect. Here is some info on cholesterol from the American Heart Association.

Regarding vitamin D, it's true that you can't count on the sun, particularly if you're in the northern US. We just don't get direct enough sunlight to produce much vitamin D, plus with extra sun exposure comes the risk of skin cancer. You should ask your doctor or RD what dose of supplement to take as that's not really info that's safe to get from strangers on the internet (too much or too little is potentially dangerous).

Thanks That calmed me down a bit. My LDL used to be in the 60's, I was bothered that it jumped up to the 90's, but I know my restaurant food intake has increased too.

My doctor told me 5,000, but didn't say for how long. I assume just until a retest, which he wanted for 3 months from now. Wish I wasn't losing my insurance. I'll just keep up on this for a few months, then switch to 1,000.



Thanks
danakscully64 is offline  
#21 Old 04-07-2012, 10:38 AM
Super Moderator
 
danakscully64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 33,894
Quote:
Originally Posted by AddieB View Post

Will do. My dad and brother have both had precancerous cells removed so I've been trying to wear sunscreen more, which I think has been part of the reason for my deficiency...

Having them burned off hurts like a MoFo. I just avoid the sun all together so I don't burn up and explode
danakscully64 is offline  
#22 Old 04-07-2012, 10:46 AM
Beginner
 
delicioso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,945
I thought for sure my levels would be low, as I don't supplement, rarely go outside and don't eat foods high in D. But, they were good. And did anyone else see that guy on The Daily Show who said not to take any vitamins, that they actually shorten our lives. I don't remember his name or the name of his book, but...
delicioso is offline  
#23 Old 04-07-2012, 09:16 PM
Beginner
 
Josh James xVx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,097
Quote:
Originally Posted by delicioso View Post

I thought for sure my levels would be low, as I don't supplement, rarely go outside and don't eat foods high in D. But, they were good. And did anyone else see that guy on The Daily Show who said not to take any vitamins, that they actually shorten our lives. I don't remember his name or the name of his book, but...

He sounds like a quack to me.

Your anecdotal evidence is all fine and good for you, but everyone's body is different. Some people might need to supplement where others do not. I personally take a B12 and D tablet every day at the very least since so many vegans turn up deficient in those. I can't think of a good reason not to and I've never seen one reliable study indicating those would increase mortality rate.

Tam! RUGH!
Josh James xVx is offline  
#24 Old 04-07-2012, 11:18 PM
Beginner
 
Doktormartini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 3,457
Quote:
Originally Posted by delicioso View Post

I thought for sure my levels would be low, as I don't supplement, rarely go outside and don't eat foods high in D. But, they were good. And did anyone else see that guy on The Daily Show who said not to take any vitamins, that they actually shorten our lives. I don't remember his name or the name of his book, but...

I dunno there is some evidence that taking some vitamins can increase the risk of disease (I think this is the case with Vit. E could be wrong though). I think the point is that you should be getting your vitamins/minerals from foods because they work synergestically with everything else in the food and taking them alone won't produce the same effect. I don't take any vitamins other than b12.

“May all sentient beings be free of pain and suffering.  May all sentient beings experience eternal joy and happiness.  gate gate pāragate pārasaṃgate bodhi svāhā.”
http://www.facebook.com/doktormartini
http://twitter.com/#!/MartyBaureis
http://doktormartini.tumblr.com

Doktormartini is offline  
#25 Old 04-08-2012, 01:17 PM
Beginner
 
delicioso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh James xVx View Post

He sounds like a quack to me.

Your anecdotal evidence is all fine and good for you, but everyone's body is different. Some people might need to supplement where others do not. I personally take a B12 and D tablet every day at the very least since so many vegans turn up deficient in those. I can't think of a good reason not to and I've never seen one reliable study indicating those would increase mortality rate.

His health advice was all based on statistics. And I don't think JS entertains "quacks", does he?
delicioso is offline  
#26 Old 04-13-2012, 10:21 AM
Beginner
 
Lothar M Kirsch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 2,141
Maybe I'm a bit late.
Most people have low levels of Vit. D by the end of Winter. 19 ng/ml needs attention, at this level I would supplement myself.
Cholesterol levels change a lot, depending what you ate the day before being tested. 176 mg/dl and all your otehr lab results are perfect. You don't need any treatment.

If I'm not answering quickly enough - leave a note on Twitter for @Rheumatologe
Lothar M Kirsch is offline  
#27 Old 06-10-2014, 04:18 PM
Tom
Beginner
 
Tom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 4,534
^^^ Not as late as I am...

I'm reviving this thread because the bloodwork from my physical/checkup last week showed that I, too, am low in vitamin D. I started this thread:

Vitamin D and sunlight

...some time before danakscully64 started this one.

As I mentioned in my thread, the previous summer had been very cloudy and I had not gotten much sun exposure. Last summer I tried to spend about 20 minutes dressed in shorts laying in the sun during mid-day, once a week- 10 minutes on my back, 10 on my stomach. But my vitamin D levels are about half what they should be- I think the doctor's office said about 15. They set up a prescription at my local pharmacy.

"Ground Control to Major Tom.... Ground Control to Major Tom...

Take your protein pills and put your helmet on...."

David Bowie- "Space Oddity"

Tom is offline  
#28 Old 07-14-2014, 04:38 PM
Beginner
 
Gita's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Mexas
Posts: 1,406
MostAmericans in general are vitamine D deficient. I don't know where the poster lives, but the farther you are from the equator, the more likely you are to be vitamin D deficient. It has nothing to do with vegetarian food. If you never go outside... well hose are the consequences. Eneryone should try to get in the sun for at least 15 minutes a day with as much skin exposed as possible.

Sent from my BNTV600 using Tapatalk
LedBoots likes this.
Gita is online now  
#29 Old 07-14-2014, 07:11 PM
Beginner
 
Jasminedesi16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: philadelphia
Posts: 270
I'm vitamin d deficient too.
Jasminedesi16 is offline  
#30 Old 07-14-2014, 07:42 PM
Beginner
 
jessandreia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: ON, Canada
Posts: 433
I don't know for sure, but I wouldn't be one bit surprised if I'm also vitamin D deficient. I hate warm weather, thus I don't spend much time outside in the summer. I do sometimes eat almond chocolate puddings which have 30% of vitamin D, but that's probably not enough.

"We have enslaved the rest of the animal creation, and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were able to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form." - William Ralphe Inge

jessandreia is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off