Tomato Tea For Sinus Relief - VeggieBoards - A Vegetarian Community
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 12-19-2011, 10:37 AM
Banned

'tis the season for allergies and sinus congestion....

I luv my neti pot but there are times when you just can't irrigate, this tea works great and in a matter of minutes. Plus it tastes way better than it sounds, I actually really like the taste. Spicier the better

http://earthclinic.com/Remedies/tomato_tea.html

Quote:
TOMATO TEA RECIPE
2 cups V8 Juice
2-3 cloves Garlic crushed (use more if you can)
2 T Lemon Juice
Hot Sauce (the more the better, so as much as you can handle)

Mix and heat in a pan or in the microwave. Sip slowly and re-warm as needed to get the full effects of the fumes. Let it sit in the back of your throat to bathe it. Suck the fumes through your sinuses and also down into your lungs. Its all natural and healthy, so drink as much of it as you want or need until you are SURE the infection is gone. This is past the time when you "feel better."

I use plain tomato juice instead of V8 and a whole lemon squeezed in, plus fresh chilis instead of hot sauce.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-19-2011, 02:59 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvourmother View Post

'tis the season for allergies and sinus congestion....

I luv my neti pot but there are times when you just can't irrigate, this tea works great and in a matter of minutes. Plus it tastes way better than it sounds, I actually really like the taste. Spicier the better

http://earthclinic.com/Remedies/tomato_tea.html

I use plain tomato juice instead of V8 and a whole lemon squeezed in, plus fresh chilis instead of hot sauce.

Holy crap I hope so because tomato tea just does not sound appealing at all.
I'm assuming it basically tastes like warm spicy tomato soup?

I don't have allergies or sinus trouble but I have a friend who does and she would love this recipe! V8, garlic, and hot sauce are three of her favorite foods. Thanks for posting this.
#3 Old 12-19-2011, 09:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadeaway1289 View Post

I'm assuming it basically tastes like warm spicy tomato soup?

This is what I'm wondering, too. A cup of hot soup sounds like it'll taste way better than tomato tea
#4 Old 12-19-2011, 09:41 PM
Banned

deleted

#5 Old 12-20-2011, 08:02 AM
Beginner

Yeah this is just spicey soup :/
#6 Old 12-20-2011, 08:12 AM
Beginner

this was just posted on NPR yesterday, about deaths related to netti pot users and tap water....be careful and make sure you clean your pots out! http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/2011...ng?sc=fb&cc=fp

My brand new website for health coaching, and where all of my recipes will reside! www.TheHolisticDragonfly.com
My previous food photography and portrait blog: www.creativeinspirationsphotography.blogspot.com
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1435413727
#7 Old 12-20-2011, 09:08 AM
Beginner

I was actually thinking that tomato tea would be putting sun-dried tomatoes in hot water.

"Hell exists not to punish sinners, but to ensure that nobody sins in the first place."
#8 Old 12-20-2011, 01:53 PM
Beginner

I use tap water for my not-quite-a-neti-pot-syringe. I do boil it though. Am I going to die?

Im up for trying this recipe. I get horrendous sinus pain. except Id be a bit lazy and probably just add the ingredients to tomato soup (if i can find a vegan one), since thatd probably taste nicer.
#9 Old 12-20-2011, 02:04 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate Ferret View Post

I use tap water for my not-quite-a-neti-pot-syringe. I do boil it though. Am I going to die?

Sister had me do that before. Made me puke.

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."
 Marilyn Monroe
#10 Old 12-20-2011, 09:11 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate Ferret View Post

Im up for trying this recipe. I get horrendous sinus pain. except Id be a bit lazy and probably just add the ingredients to tomato soup (if i can find a vegan one), since thatd probably taste nicer.

Not if you're boiling it...the deaths were related to amoebas in the water.

My brand new website for health coaching, and where all of my recipes will reside! www.TheHolisticDragonfly.com
My previous food photography and portrait blog: www.creativeinspirationsphotography.blogspot.com
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1435413727
#11 Old 12-21-2011, 07:06 AM
Banned

Also if u know your water doesnt come from a lake the risk is pretty much 0. Lotsa people have forwarded me these articles about the deaths, i replied by telling them to stop eating meat bc the chances of dying from cancer or heart disease are far greater than an extremely rare ameoba...
I sometimes boil the water but not all the time, i am lucky to have pretty clean tap water. Ill take my chances since statistically im more likely to be hit by a train.
#12 Old 12-21-2011, 07:07 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Goth-Alice. View Post

Yeah this is just spicey soup :/

I certainly dont make soup like this, how boring.

It works is what matters, call it tea or soup or medicine, all the same in the end.
#13 Old 12-21-2011, 07:09 AM
Banned

I would say don't knock it til you try it. it is kinda like soup but not any kind soups i would ever make....

if you are going to try it with canned tomato soup be careful to find some without sugar added (or HFCS), campbell's tomato soup has added sugar. the sugar in the soup will further inflame the sinuses and increase mucous production.
#14 Old 12-25-2011, 09:36 PM
Beginner

I never heard about tomato tea..I have drink tomato soup..yes tomato soup also good for sinus..It gives fast relief from sinus.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page