Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 03-18-2004, 04:52 PM
Beginner

~~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-18-2004, 05:13 PM
Beginner

Sorry to hear it - I don't have any suggestions - but I know when Lothar M Kirsch see's your post - he'll probably have some ideas (he's doctor in this area - I think a Rheumatologist)

Hope you find out what's wrong and how to correct it
#3 Old 03-18-2004, 05:30 PM
Beginner

Hey

I lately have been suffering from similar problems, mainly joint pain esspessilly in my knees and fingers, it feels like my knees are getting really weak or something, and it can get really painful esspessilly at the end of the day. At first i thought it could be that i'd consumed some dairy at some point, as when i consumed milk i used to suffer a lot of pain, but i'm pretty sure thats not it, as for other intakes, my calcium intake is not extreamly high but okay, and i eat a mainly balanced diet, although i refuse to take vitimin suppliments, so i have no idea what it could be, i've kind of ignored it but maybe i should give in and go and see the evil doctor.

Anyway sorry i can't give any sugestions as to what might be wrong with you but i hope it improves.
#4 Old 03-18-2004, 09:14 PM
Beginner

I'd see a naturopath if your insurance covers it or you can afford it. They're really good at figuring out this sort of thing--mysterious aches and pains, nutrition, and that stuff.
#5 Old 03-19-2004, 01:59 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by vheogl View Post

Hey

it feels like my knees are getting really weak or something, .

yeh thats about right - i feel like my bones are gonna bend! i think i might go an see a nutritionalist considering my vegan lifestyle isnt going to change anytime soon.

why dont you take a multi vit? if its because they arnt natural just think of the unatural farming practices which mean the vitimins arnt getting into the veggies in the first place. one evil better than the other?

XjenX
#6 Old 03-19-2004, 05:29 PM
Beginner

my knees get very very stiff and sore, just from sitting around. or if i work a long shift by the time i'm off i can barely walk because they're so stiff. my hips get sore if i walk a lot too lately.

one thing about calcium, even though you might be taking enough or getting lots in your diet, other nutrients can determine how much of it you actually absorb and use. magnesium is one, and protein is one, and i think there are more, possibly vitamin C (not too sure)

i take a calcium and magnesium supplement but i think that my problem is i don't get enough protein therefore i can't use all the calcium i get. if you work in a health food store you should access to some good vegan protein shakes. i'd be using them by now if i could afford to but i can't, hopefully you get a good discount but i'd suggest taking some in soymilk every day for a week along with a cal-mag and see if it makes any difference.

also i was told that we lose more calcium at night so try to take calcium before bed.

I'm singin' here to get rid of fear
Hope it disappears right here with the rain
But I know life is pain, not like a fairytale
Meaningless to pray, so just goin' on my way
~Miyavi "Torture"
#7 Old 03-20-2004, 12:49 PM
Beginner

vitamin D is vital for phosphorus and calcium adsorption. i was looking at the shakes today i might get on one for a bit and see if it makes a difference. also i read yesterday, once ur over 20 you cant improve bone denstiy with calcium, only exersice etc.

ta for the help
#8 Old 03-20-2004, 01:58 PM
Beginner

Do you exercise much?

My joints were getting bad, cracking and aching all the time, so I started exercising and that seemed to make a huge difference.

dvmarie started a thread about her sister suffering from arthritis, and some good dietary and lifestyle suggestions came up that could help with your joint pain : http://www.veggieboards.com/boards/s...ad.php?t=15078

Hope some of this helps

Oh, and welcome to VB
#9 Old 03-21-2004, 04:02 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobsy View Post

Do you exercise much?

I dont exersize enough, the only exersize i get is walking my dogs and walking to and from the station every day, which isnt really enough, i think i should try and get some more in somewhere, maybe take up swimming again or something. It's just like an endless cycle though, because you have pain so dont feel like exersizing and then because you dont exersize the pain doesnt improve, i think i'm going to force myself to exersize at least once a week and see if it improves, it cant do any harm, and it may help with my weight which could help my knees and other joints.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XjenX View Post

why dont you take a multi vit?

I've never taken vitimin supliments, it just seems pointless to me, i belive i should be able to get everything i need from the food i eat, i dont want to rely on some pill to give me vitimins etc. it just doesnt feel right for me, plus i never trust what goes in them.
#10 Old 03-23-2004, 12:15 AM
Beginner

i felt the same way about vitamins til my bloodtests came back showing extremely low B12. then i made out a list of the RDA's for vitamins and minerals for my age/body type and then added up roughly how much i was actually getting in a day. i fell short on almost all of them and i thought i was eating pretty healthy.

also any time i spot an article about vitamin deficiencies i read it and most of the time the symptoms they list are ones i have or have had recently. so yeah i pretty much scared myself into wanting to take vitamins now. can't do any harm anyway

I'm singin' here to get rid of fear
Hope it disappears right here with the rain
But I know life is pain, not like a fairytale
Meaningless to pray, so just goin' on my way
~Miyavi "Torture"

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page