Chemical-Smelling Sweat - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 03-15-2010, 04:35 PM
Beginner

Ok...here's a new one for you. My sweat smells like chemicals. I perspire a lot in my sleep, which is nothing new, but I haven't always woken up smelling like a science experiment, either. My BF has noticed it too. All of the searches I've done online have been fruitless. Any thoughts/ideas?

slops, gloops, and gruels.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-15-2010, 04:43 PM
Beginner

What type of chemical?
#3 Old 03-15-2010, 05:00 PM
Beginner

LOL...I wish I knew. Just a generic, sharp chemical smell. Maybe like a milder version of nail polish remover or other acetone cleaner. It's weird, and it's gross.

#4 Old 03-15-2010, 05:04 PM
Beginner

Are you diabetic?
#5 Old 03-15-2010, 05:12 PM
Beginner

Nope. But I am on three different medications, and I sometimes wonder if it's leaching from my pores. :/

#6 Old 03-15-2010, 05:18 PM
Beginner

That is definitely possible. Sorry, that's the only thing I can think of. Have you checked the side effects of the medications? If it's a known problem it will be listed.
#7 Old 03-15-2010, 07:28 PM
Banned

yeah, check your drug packaging. if its not there, maybe go ask the doctor incase.
#8 Old 03-16-2010, 09:44 AM
Beginner

If the smell is acetone-like it could be the onset of diabetes, but I think the more likely cause would be drug metabolites which exit the body through your sweat. One or more of those drugs you are taking might inhibit the enzyme in your liver that helps to break down the drug into metabolites which can make the smell a bit worse.

m8itcanw8.com
#9 Old 11-26-2012, 09:14 AM
Beginner

I have been having the same problem! I have been waking up to change shirts from sweating (sorry I know this is sort of gross) some nights I change shirts twice...I never really had sweats like this in my life and I have especially NEVER EVER had this chemical smell that you are describing. I have the same issue and I just found your post when I went on-line to do some research. Did you ever figure out what it was? I am on 2 medications also but it does not happen every night, although lately it has been more often than not. If you have found out any further information please let me know. I am desperate to figure out what it is. My BF has noticed it as well and I just cant figure it out. 

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page