Please Read - Help [Gaming Roosters on Craigslist] - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 03-01-2009, 03:03 PM

Ok, I am not sure where to put this but I need help flagging a craigslist add. In the state of Kentucky it is illgal to fight game roosters however it is not illgal to own or sell them. While searching through adds I found this: http://huntington.craigslist.org/grd/1052495395.html The sport of fighting roosters is horrible, I know from coming from a family big into it. I help every rooster I come across that I can however normally a rooster is either a top fighter or dead before the end of the first match. I have only ever witnessed a fight once and I am lucky to say no one living in our house fights. It is more of a money sport than anything.

Never heard of fighting chickens? Lucky you. Apparently very few places in the us do it. Look it up but be warned it is not for the faint of heart.

I will stop rambling, just flag the post, for the sake of the roosters. They will be sold one way or another however we can makesure it is not through craigslist.

Edit: I forgot, if you look at the picture close you will see lack of cone and spurrs, that guy is ready to be fought. "Already trimmed and ready to go."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-02-2009, 06:48 AM

Done. Poor guy . At first I didn't realize why you were posting this because it just looked like a rooster for sale then I realized the title said "gamefowl"
#3 Old 03-02-2009, 02:34 PM

If you have been around chickens as much as I know you would know a "game" rooster/hen when you see one. They may be called diffrent types but they all have pretty much the same build.

It is not like they do it natural either. They cut their cones off(with knives) so they can not be ripped off, even do their waddles too if needed, and cut their spurrs off. You think, oh so no spurrs not much harm? No, insted they put razers on their feet for spurrs.

It's sick and even worse than dog fighting because people do not think of chickens the same as dogs. "Oh my gawd, how cruel, poor dog!" "So what? it is just a chicken."
#4 Old 03-03-2009, 12:19 AM

I flagged it. Thats disgusting.

Des

How come I love reading other people's witty signatures, but can never seem to make an awesome one for myself?! Life is hilariously cruel.
#5 Old 03-03-2009, 01:58 AM

I agree that fighting roosters is barbaric, but there's absolutely nothing illegal taking place here. We may certainly disagree with the treatment of Gamefowl, but what am I supposed to flag? Miscategorized? - nope. Prohibited? - nope. Spam? - nope. Best of? - nope.

There's not an option for "Technically, perfectly legal, but I don't like it."

Nec Aspera Terrent
#6 Old 03-03-2009, 03:50 AM

Thats so sad. He's beautiful.
#7 Old 03-03-2009, 04:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderRandy View Post

I agree that fighting roosters is barbaric, but there's absolutely nothing illegal taking place here. We may certainly disagree with the treatment of Gamefowl, but what am I supposed to flag? Miscategorized? - nope. Prohibited? - nope. Spam? - nope. Best of? - nope.

someone was posting baby monkeys for sale and i reported the hell outta those ads. i contacted my local AR group to discover that selling baby monkeys isn't illegal here at all. the website deleted the ads though, which i appreciated.
#8 Old 03-03-2009, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderRandy View Post

I would just choose a reason, no matter the reason if enough people flag it then it will be taken down. I had some people flag a post I did just because I said that I didn't want people e-mailing me about "sensual massages" as a barter (apparently you can say you want one, but don't say that you don't want one!)
#9 Old 03-03-2009, 06:00 AM

what! why the hell would someone flag that? so stupid.

anyways, i flagged the ad in question as well.
#10 Old 03-03-2009, 06:04 AM

Yea I was pretty pissed when I got the note from Craigslist saying it had been flagged multiple times and that it was taken down. I wrote them asking why it was flagged and never got a reply. I tried finding it in my old postings so I could post it here but I can't for the life of me remember what account I posted under (I have like 5 old ones lol). It read something like...

Barter: Need small book case, can give?"

And inside it said something along the lines of

My books are multiplying rapidly and I need a small bookcase but I don't have much cash right now. I can do something for you along the lines of childcare or housework if you have one that I could get from you. **Please don't contact me wanting things like "sensual massages". I'm a wife and mother of two, and I'm not into all that mess. Legitimate inquiries only**

I mean, I don't get why it would have been flagged...but whatever lol
#11 Old 03-03-2009, 09:25 AM

So is it being removed? I clicked on the link and it said:

This posting has been flagged for removal

(The title on the listings page will be removed in just a few minutes.)
#12 Old 03-03-2009, 08:49 PM

It may not be illgal to sell or own game roosters but in the state of kentucky it is illgal to fight them and these roosters are odviously being sold for fighting. If not why would he state they are "trimmed and ready to go"? Why trim a non-fighting rooster? Why ask $60 for just a regular pet or breeding rooster? They are intended for fighting, that is why. If someone posted something about pit-bulls "From champion game lines, honorable pedigree, trained and ready to go" it would be jumped on and deleted in hours no matter if it was breaking a craigslist rule or not.
#13 Old 03-03-2009, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamandura View Post

So is it being removed? I clicked on the link and it said:

This posting has been flagged for removal

(The title on the listings page will be removed in just a few minutes.)

Yeah, it's been removed.
#14 Old 03-03-2009, 09:26 PM

Yep, it's gone. I will be checking from time to time to make sure they do not post again.
#15 Old 03-03-2009, 09:37 PM

What generally happens to these Roosters if they cant sell them? Do they get killed? Obviously they are going to die anyway if they are going to be fought.

It makes me sick that bastards like that can get away with fighting animals.
#16 Old 03-03-2009, 10:45 PM

They always sell them as far as I know. I have a friend who is what you would call a animal trader. He buys animals, no matter the type for almost nothing and sells them for profit. If this guy can not sell a rooster I expect he will either fight it, use it as bait(which happens often and it is horrible) or sell them to someone such as my friend. He is a nice man who just happens to make his living off of poor animals. He has no real care for the animals, where they comes from or where they go but I do know they are at least cared for while he has them.

The part of kentucky I am in has a huge demand for game stock so I expect he will sell them all just by word to mouth. No matter what happens these birds have no chance at life. I have taken in "ruined" game roosters before. They are very capable of living a pet life and living in harmony with other game roosters but they are not given the chance.

My idiot cousin payed $60 for a game rooster of unknown origin just last month. I called him the $60 idiot to his face :P he stuck that rooster in his building and when the new "shininess" wore off he bought more which he left loose so he bought more. If my cousin knew of these forsale he would probably go out there and buy one. The sad thing is it does not end with fighting chickens, normally it is mixed in with drugs.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page