Forum Jump: 
 5Likes
  • 1 Post By Otakun96
  • 1 Post By Knowtions In Motion
  • 2 Post By vegetaliano
  • 1 Post By eve55

#1 Old 05-06-2017, 06:35 AM

Animals are people

I went vegan 3 days ago and stopped eating meat almost a week ago. All animals are my baby's no matter how small. So far the change has been easy but my family may give me a hard time sometimes. It is a myth that we need to eat meat.
I am an adult who can make my own choice's and my choice;s are for the animals. I come from a farming family so it is hard for them to understand animals are people. I was sent to this forum by a vegan friend that knows I need support because I get hate online for being vegan. Animals are people! They are my baby's!
BlueMts likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 05-06-2017, 09:02 AM
Vegan, Mostly WFPB

Congratulations on your choice to change your consumption habits.

I understand much of your frustration as I, too, live in an active farming community surrounded by many animal agriculture scenarios.

I live with my husband and am surrounded by family who still choose to consume the very things that cause so much dis-ease and destruction to self, the animals, and the environment as a whole.

It rips my heart out daily and makes for a rather lonely existence at times. Being the change you wish to see in the world isn't an easy thing to do, by any stretch of the imagination, but well worth the efforts.

Glad you decided to be a part of the community. Welcome!

"Strange times are these in which we live when old and young are taught falsehoods in school. And the person that dares to tell the truth is called at once a lunatic and a fool." ~Plato
#3 Old 05-06-2017, 10:50 AM
Frenchvegan

Send a message via Skype™ to vegetaliano
Congratulations Otakun, a great move. Just carry on despite the family: I've been ignoring my omnivore parents and siblings for nearly 3 decades now, and as we all live in separate countries, it's fairly easy.
Like Knowtions in Motion, I live in a rural area (Poitou in France) surrounded by fields with sheep, cow and goats. My neighbours think we are mad, but accept our vegan viewpoint and no longer try to ridicule us. It makes for a very lonley existence in rural France (no vegans or even vegetarians around for miles and miles) but the two of us have our own solidarity.

Finally (silly?) query. What does WFPB stand for, Knowtions..?

Vegetaliano
Empathy, he once had decided, must be limited to herbivores or anyhow omnivores who could depart from a meat diet.
--Philip K. Dick (1968)

#4 Old 05-06-2017, 12:54 PM
Vegan, Mostly WFPB

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegetaliano View Post
Finally (silly?) query. What does WFPB stand for, Knowtions..?
Not silly at all...it stands for Whole Foods Plant-Based.

"Strange times are these in which we live when old and young are taught falsehoods in school. And the person that dares to tell the truth is called at once a lunatic and a fool." ~Plato
#5 Old 05-07-2017, 07:14 PM

If you believe you're doing the right things, just keep your faith when others don't understand you.
BlueMts likes this.

Tags
animals rights , family , Vegan

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page