Tyson Foods Cruelty: A shocking undercover investigation by Mercy For Animals exposes routine and sadistic animal abuse at a Tyson factory farm that supplies pork to Walmart!
Mercy For Animals released hidden-camera video of animal abuse that was allegedly shot undercover at West Coast Farms in Okfuskee County, Okla., a farm supplying hogs to Tyson Foods for pork that is sold in Walmart stores nationwide. The video shows workers throwing a bowling ball at a pig's head, and kicking, throwing, hitting, body slamming, and otherwise torturing pregnant pigs and piglets, the organization charges.
The undercover video reveals:
• Workers viciously punching, kicking, beating, and violently shaking animals and pulling out their hair
• Piglets having their tails hacked off and their testicles ripped out of their bodies without painkillers
• Workers slamming conscious piglets headfirst against the ground and spiking them like footballs
• Pregnant pigs confined to tiny, maggot-infested gestation crates
• Workers shoving their fingers into pigs' eyes and hitting them with wooden boards
• Piglets left to suffer and slowly die on dead piles without proper veterinary care
• A worker throwing a heavy bowling ball at a pig's head
“We’re extremely disappointed by the mistreatment shown in the video and will not tolerate this kind of animal mishandling,” said Gary Mickelson, Tyson Foods spokesman. “We are immediately terminating our contract with this farmer and will take possession of the animals remaining on the farm. We’re serious about proper animal handling and expect the farmers who supply us to treat animals with care and to be trained and certified in responsible animal care practices. It’s consistent with our core values to ‘serve as stewards of the animals…entrusted to us.’”
Criminal charges against the workers involved in this animal abuse at this farm are being called for by this organization. The group is also asking Walmart to immediately adopt new animal-welfare guidelines, including prohibiting its pork suppliers from confining pigs in gestation crates.
This is the most disturbing and messed up video I have ever seen. Mistreatment of animals is against the law and the individuals that are supposed to be taking care of these animals should be arrested:
No matter where you are in this journey; whether you have already cut back on eating meat or are just starting to consider what that might be like- get ready for some wonders! Taking animals out of your plate is a miracle for your health, body and spirit! Do not allow others' greed of profit to brainwash you. Don't sponsor the industry that promotes unnecessary suffering. Stop consuming dead, abused flesh of other beings. Make a commitment to your health and to your soul. Compassion starts with you. Right here, right now - that's all you have