Cruelty-Free toothpaste/hair removal - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 03-02-2012, 11:54 AM
Beginner

I really try to keep my whole household cruelty-free. However, now that I know that Burt's Bees and Tom's have both sold out to companies that do test on animals, I am at a loss for toothpaste that is easy to find. Also, for shaving, I found Barbasol doesn't test, but all the companies that manufacture razors/blades do test, I can't imagine any cream (Nair, Veet, etc.) wouldn't be tested on animals. I would appreciate any ideas. I'm in the US. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-02-2012, 11:55 AM
Beginner

Are you in the UK, USA or somewhere else this will help us help you...

If you are UK based
All Superdrug own branded products are vegan and not tested on animals.
#3 Old 03-07-2012, 11:34 PM
Beginner

wait.... toms of maine isnt vegan!?!?! they "sold out" to compaines that test on animals? WHAT!?!? ok, I'm vegan in the USA as well.. Help me too! Looks like I need new toothpaste as well.
#4 Old 03-08-2012, 06:08 AM
Beginner

Here you go...
http://leapingbunny.org/shopping.php

hope that helps...youll need to select your Country at the top

ETA-these are companies who dont test on animals BUT some products by said companies may be unsuitable for vegans by containing beeswax...
#5 Old 03-08-2012, 09:29 AM
Beginner

Tom's sells out to Colgate...

http://geari.blogspot.com/2006/03/to...to-animal.html

Burt's Bees sells out to Clorox...

http://www.care2.com/c2c/groups/disc...84&pst=1273674

Both Clorox and Colgate-Palmolive are notorious for animal testing....
#6 Old 03-08-2012, 03:44 PM
Beginner

Gd i didnt know they sold out. Wtf i got 15 bottles of burts bees stuff for christmas. Im not going to throw it out. Money talks
#7 Old 03-09-2012, 11:27 PM
Beginner

wait... so no boca burgers either cause they are owned by kraft.. hmm.. seems like everyone is evil.
#8 Old 03-10-2012, 05:33 PM
Banned

I'm currently using Jason Cinammon Powermint toothpaste. Some vegan shops sell it, although that's not where I bought it.
#9 Old 03-10-2012, 07:12 PM
Beginner

My BF was using Moom4men for hair removal which I noticed was working really well so I started using it. It's a sugar based treatment, works like a wax but it isn't wax. If you use it strictly to the instructions, it's great.

There's a couple of women's versions but they have the same essential ingredients but I like the smell of the men's one the best.

m8itcanw8.com
#10 Old 03-11-2012, 09:38 PM
Beginner

My understanding is that Tom's of Main does not test on animals. I buy their products, and I always see that they have the "not tested on animals" label on them. I have never seen a Tom's of Main product without this label.

Although they have been bought by a parent company which does test on animals, the Tom's of Main brand itself still does not test on animals. I think that if your goal is to never buying any product made by a company who's parent company may be doing something nefarious, then you are going to have a really hard time trying to get by.

After all, we purchase our vegan produce from grocery stores which also sell meat, so I view this as the same thing.

http://ar.vegnews.org
(My animal rights FAQ)
#11 Old 03-11-2012, 10:32 PM
Beginner

I'm trying to go cruelty free in my house too.

Nads hair removal cream is cruelty free, as the Sally Hansen hair removal foam. (I'm not big on waxing of any kind when I'm the one who has to do it, with the help of bees or without)

The Sally Hansen one is okay, but if you have sensitive skin I'd steer clear of it. It burnt me quite badly.

The Nads cream was good, but didn't do a great job. I'm keeping with it until something else becomes available.
#12 Old 03-12-2012, 09:22 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nishani View Post

My BF was using Moom4men for hair removal which I noticed was working really well so I started using it. It's a sugar based treatment, works like a wax but it isn't wax. If you use it strictly to the instructions, it's great.

There's a couple of women's versions but they have the same essential ingredients but I like the smell of the men's one the best.

this product is fantastic. i started shirtless snowboarding after just 2 weeks !!

auto correct can kiss my ask
#13 Old 05-10-2012, 07:27 AM
Beginner

If you don't like any cream to remove the hair then why don't you try laser technique for hair removing.

#14 Old 05-25-2012, 07:19 AM
Beginner

You can use Jason toothpaste (which I use) and probably find a vegan razor at Whole Foods, or another natural food store.

#15 Old 05-25-2012, 09:01 AM
Beginner

Hey, thanks for the response, I found Barbasol shaving  cream for men and women, I will look into the razor. I also found Kiss My Face toothpaste, but it's good to have a couple brands to choose from since sometimes the specialty brands can be hard to find!

#16 Old 02-14-2013, 06:13 AM
Beginner

I hope I'm not too late! I have tried JASON NATURAL toothpaste. If you're from the US, JASON is available in Whole Foods. 

Now I'm still looking for a cruelty-free depilatory cream. I've used Sally Hansen and Veet depilatory creams before going vegan. It's been more than a year since I've sacrificed my legs just looking for cruelty-free depilatory creams, my legs are now hairier than usual that I'd have to refrain myself from wearing shorts of skirts. So any substitutes please? Unfortunately, I'm not open for shaving by the way.

I've tried the Leaping Bunny website but most of the brands there carry shaving creams instead of depilatories. Help please. I might also be starting a new thread on this and hopefully someone can help me. 

#17 Old 06-26-2014, 01:25 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
I hope I'm not too late! I have tried JASON NATURAL toothpaste. If you're from the US, JASON is available in Whole Foods. 

Now I'm still looking for a cruelty-free depilatory cream. I've used Sally Hansen and Veet depilatory creams before going vegan. It's been more than a year since I've sacrificed my legs just looking for cruelty-free depilatory creams, my legs are now hairier than usual that I'd have to refrain myself from wearing shorts of skirts. So any substitutes please? Unfortunately, I'm not open for shaving by the way.

I've tried the Leaping Bunny website but most of the brands there carry shaving creams instead of depilatories. Help please. I might also be starting a new thread on this and hopefully someone can help me. 
I dont know about the US but for UK there's always Acorelle hair-removal cream
#18 Old 06-26-2014, 01:36 PM
Beginner

We use Kingfisher toothpaste. The fennel one tastes amazing! I think you can get this in the US.
#19 Old 07-21-2014, 02:07 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphagamma View Post
We use Kingfisher toothpaste. The fennel one tastes amazing! I think you can get this in the US.
I´ve also used Kingfisher toothpaste, I like it a lot. I never seem to know if I should get the one with fluoride or the one without, though...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page