the cheesecake factory - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 01-08-2008, 10:50 AM

i was looking around on the website about giftcards, and i found this:

Vegetarian Menu Items

The Cheesecake Factory is pleased to offer a wide selection of vegetarian items on our extensive menu. Appetizers include 'Bruschetta', 'Hot Spinach and Cheese Dip', and 'Avocado Eggrolls'; Pizzas include 'Fresh Mozzarella' and 'Tomato, Basil & Cheese Pizza'; Specialties include 'Grilled Portabella on a Bun'; Pastas include 'Angel Hair Pasta', 'Four Cheese Pasta' and 'Evelyns Favorite Pasta'; Salads include 'French Country Salad' and 'Endive, Pecan and Blue Cheese Salad' (please note that any of our salads can be prepared without the accompanying chicken, meat or fish); Sandwiches include 'Grilled Cheese' and 'The Incredible Grilled Eggplant Sandwich'; Egg dishes include 'California Omelette' and 'Asparagus, Portabello and Artichoke Omelette'.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-08-2008, 10:54 AM

that sounds awesome!
#3 Old 01-08-2008, 11:30 AM
Baby Love

I've had the avocado eggrolls and they were pretty good. I also had a side vegetable (snow peas and carrots cooked with sesame oil). The vegetables were great!
#4 Old 01-08-2008, 11:36 AM

I actually just got invited there today and was trying to find things I could eat. I'll look into the side veggies.

"Yes! Live! Life's a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" Auntie Mame
#5 Old 01-08-2008, 11:42 AM
Baby Love

It's been awhile since I've been there, but it looks like they do have several items that could be made vegan (pastas, salads, lettuce wraps minus the chicken, plus edamame). Here's a menu: http://www.thecheesecakefactory.com/menu.htm
#6 Old 01-08-2008, 11:42 AM

Thanks, Jinga!

"Yes! Live! Life's a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" Auntie Mame
#7 Old 01-08-2008, 11:43 AM
Baby Love

You're welcome
#8 Old 01-08-2008, 11:47 AM

The avocado eggrolls are to die for. I'm not 100% sure the wrappers are vegan though. I know that a few of the pastas are vegan or can be made vegan. I love that place, but the dinner portions for the pasta are HUGE. You can really share a meal with someone else, especially if you order an appetizer.
#9 Old 01-08-2008, 11:47 AM

Last time I checked, the acocado egg rolls aren't Vegan because they are sealed in egg wash, but they are REALLY good, IMO.

Evelyn's Favorite Pasta is Vegan (order without the cheese), and it's really good too.

They have great salads too.
#10 Old 01-08-2008, 12:52 PM

i used to get the pad thai with tofu, but they stopped selling that a few years ago. i love that place! even though im trying to be a vegan, i can eat there and then make my own chesecake with the tofutti cream cheeze.
#11 Old 01-08-2008, 04:31 PM

Wow, sounds useful.

Hmmm.

Now I just have to find out what the cheesecake factory is.=D
#12 Old 01-08-2008, 06:37 PM

thats alot of cheese on that menu!

on the other hand, their menu is HUGE, so your apt to find something

also, this is one place its worth taking the time to write a note or fill out the comment card, encouraging more vegan options, and disclaimers about what "questionable" ingredients may be in things (like broths, etc)...the cheesecake factory is REALLY customer oriented...they are truely out to satisfy the customer and are continually trying new things...so encourage them!!

and yeah, those avocado eggrolls are soooo amazing! (but they may end in tummy issues, loll)
#13 Old 01-09-2008, 10:39 AM

The grilled portobella on a bun is
#14 Old 01-10-2008, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by codemonkey View Post

The grilled portobella on a bun is

OMG it is SO tasty! I have "converted" lotsa meat eaters to eat veg at the Cheesecake Factory with that dish! :-)

But beware - it's not vegan - cheese on top and egg in the bun!
#15 Old 01-14-2008, 06:52 PM

But the grilled sandwiches are grilled on the meat grill.
#16 Old 01-14-2008, 08:15 PM

I ended up suggesting somewhere else when given the option and so didn't eat there. But, it's nice to know they are accommodating!

#17 Old 01-14-2008, 08:36 PM

Sounds great!
#18 Old 01-14-2008, 09:46 PM

I just ate there last night and split the french country salad without goat cheese and evelyns pasta with a friend. SOoo good!!!
#19 Old 01-19-2008, 05:22 AM

I ate there last night. The grilled portobello sandwich was FANTASTIC. However, I will say that the veggie options are scattered through the menu and not marked, so you have to read really carefully. Considering the size of the menu I would have expected there to be more choices.
#20 Old 01-19-2008, 08:43 AM

Whoa, I thought they only served cheesecake. I might go there next month when I go grocery shopping. (yes, I travel for 2 hours to grocery shop)
#21 Old 01-20-2008, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veggiescrapper View Post

But the grilled sandwiches are grilled on the meat grill.

Actually, almost all places that serve a veggie burger or a grilled vegetable sandwich use a completely different grill to cook it on than they use for the meat. Why? Because they cook them at different temps. I worked for a McDonalds, and when we did the veggie burgers, they had a special grill area that meat was NOT cooked on. It was too cold to cook actual hamburger meat on or chicken, which is why the McDonalds near my house stopped carrying them. Took up its own grill and not enough people bought them. Same goes for the BK veggie, the veggie burger from Denny's (I asked the manager where it is cooked) and most other places.
#22 Old 01-21-2008, 01:47 AM
Super Moderator

Evelyn's Favorite Pasta is the garden veggie one right? If so, I have one word to describe it... earthy. I didn't care for it.

The Grilled Portobello on a bun is good

And I think they took the Bruschetta off the menu, the week I wanted to order it.

I haven't been in a while, but I like to get the Crispy Beef without the beef. It's served with white rice, really good veggies, and a delicious sauce. I'm not 100% sure it's vegetarian, 2 waitresses said it was, but I honestly haven't double checked. I'm going to e-mail the company now and ask.

They messed up my order really bad once, served me meat twice on the same dish I ordered, and still charged me $15 for it, even though I didn't eat it. I e-mailed the company and let them know what happened and they sent me a $25 giftcard. I wasn't trying to get free food, but as a waitress, I knew that wasn't good customer service and wanted to let them know that while the manager and server were friendly, it wasn't the best way to handle the situation. I still have the card, I should go soon...
#23 Old 01-21-2008, 01:53 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritemare View Post

Actually, almost all places that serve a veggie burger or a grilled vegetable sandwich use a completely different grill to cook it on than they use for the meat. Why? Because they cook them at different temps. I worked for a McDonalds, and when we did the veggie burgers, they had a special grill area that meat was NOT cooked on. It was too cold to cook actual hamburger meat on or chicken, which is why the McDonalds near my house stopped carrying them. Took up its own grill and not enough people bought them. Same goes for the BK veggie, the veggie burger from Denny's (I asked the manager where it is cooked) and most other places.

That's actually very rare. The restaurant I worked at cooked them on the same grill and used the same spatula. It really depends... I honestly don't think most places cook the patties at a different temp, they just toss them on. I'll ask next time I go to CF, see if their company does that.
#24 Old 01-21-2008, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post

That's actually very rare. The restaurant I worked at cooked them on the same grill and used the same spatula. It really depends... I honestly don't think most places cook the patties at a different temp, they just toss them on. I'll ask next time I go to CF, see if their company does that.

yeah, i doubt that anyone would make a point to care about the finished product of a lowly veggie burger.

most all the places that i have been to/ or attempted to eat at, meat was cooked right alongside anything "veggie".
#25 Old 01-21-2008, 10:13 PM
Super Moderator

Damn this omni world!
#26 Old 01-22-2008, 08:26 AM

It's nice to know that they are trying. I went there perhaps a year ago and the waitress seemed confused by what "vegetarian options" meant and I only remember two or three items suggested. The Grilled Portobello was particularly terrible, so much, in fact, that I complained and received a gift card that I passed on to somebody who would enjoy it.
#27 Old 01-22-2008, 10:45 AM

It's not really too vegan friendly. I had some pasta with cheese left off and it was insanely expensive and not too good.

http://megatarian.blogspot.com
#28 Old 01-22-2008, 07:10 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry B. View Post

It's nice to know that they are trying. I went there perhaps a year ago and the waitress seemed confused by what "vegetarian options" meant and I only remember two or three items suggested. The Grilled Portobello was particularly terrible, so much, in fact, that I complained and received a gift card that I passed on to somebody who would enjoy it.

What was wrong with the grilled portobello? I ordered it a few times and really liked it. I admit that it was a little watery (mushroom's fault), but easily fixed with a napkin.
#29 Old 01-24-2008, 12:43 PM

a lot of their cheesecakes, if not all of them, have gelatin in them.
#30 Old 01-24-2008, 05:47 PM

oh, vomit!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page