Foods to eat on an empty stomach - Page 2 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#31 Old 10-18-2007, 05:46 PM

Applesauce, It Seems To Go Down Easy And Takes Nausea And Stomaches Away.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 10-18-2007, 08:05 PM
Super Moderator

I've been trying to take it easy, but it's so hard because my nerves haven't calmed yet completely. I had a bite of banana, a bite of a bagel, a few pieces of cut up fruit, 1/2 string cheese... I'm just trying to get back to normal, but no food even looks good anymore. I'm going to try applesauce soon
#33 Old 10-18-2007, 09:19 PM

Maybe you could drink your calories? Smoothies can pack quite a bit of calories into what seems like a simple drink. Being upset is confusing enough without starving your body and brain of fuel! Take care.

"Yes! Live! Life's a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" Auntie Mame
#34 Old 10-18-2007, 11:00 PM

Quote:
whenever i go thru tummy probs, i always want baked potatoes! they are filling and comforting, and can be as bland as you want them.

Same here. I have GERD and this is like the best on my tummy. Mashed potatoes made with veggie broth.
#35 Old 10-19-2007, 03:52 AM

ya know, just eat whatever the heck sounds good. sometimes i'll eat bread with earth balance and soy cheese over and over again cause thats what sounds good.

http://megatarian.blogspot.com
#36 Old 10-19-2007, 08:35 AM
Super Moderator

I know that today, if I don't eat, I have to go to the hospital. It's day 5 and I woke up at 4am terribly sick to my stomach. I WILL eat today, I HAVE to.
#37 Old 10-19-2007, 08:46 AM
Super Moderator

I think I'm going to try oatmeal. It's really sad how all of this is affecting my life... I'm not neglecting my pets, but I don't want to be around them and I don't want to cook/prepare food for my dog. My room is a mess because I have no energy to clean it.... it's just... bad. I always thought, no matter how it was done, I'd be happy to lose weight. I'm not, I'd rather get my 6 pounds back and be happy and normal.
#38 Old 10-19-2007, 09:06 AM

I'd take *Ahimsa*'s advice, a smoothie can be quite filling, and you could just take a few sips every minute or so. Also try to nibble on crackers (since you could have some of those before), they're good on an empty stomach.

Hope you feel better soon!!
#39 Old 10-19-2007, 09:53 AM
Baby Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post

I know that today, if I don't eat, I have to go to the hospital. It's day 5 and I woke up at 4am terribly sick to my stomach. I WILL eat today, I HAVE to.

Go to the doctor.
#40 Old 10-19-2007, 09:59 AM
Super Moderator

I hate needles... I feel that if I can get some food into me, I'll be fine. My ex is going to call me today and we're going to talk some more. After he left my house yesterday, I felt great... I'm not having false hope, but I just want things to be okay. My nerves are calming down, it's my dang empty stomach. I seriously feel like a recovering anorexic and it's HORRIBLE. I could never intentionally starve myself. I've tried cutting my portions down and ended up eating twice as much *haha*

I promise you that if I don't eat by lunch and if I do and am not feeling better, I'll go to Urgent Care. I'll have to see if someone can go with me.... I hate going alone. This stress has also caused a dang yeast infection. Thank Goodness my Mom had the pill that clears that up... hope it works. When it rains, it pours.
#41 Old 10-19-2007, 07:47 PM

danak...you should go to a doc. it sounds like it might be something more... a yeast infection can sometimes be an indication of something more, candidia overgrowth throughout your digestive system could be why you feel so sick.

it might be best, to rule everything out.
#42 Old 10-20-2007, 08:43 AM

i don't know that it is anything more than the stress, but not eating is a bad cycle because if you don't eat for awhile you won't want to eat.

but the biggest concern is dehydration/ electrolyte imbalance. so if you are still not drinking (and it sounds like you haven't been) i would go to the doctor. even just rehydrating can make you sound better.

and also, you need to get better for you irregardless of the relationship problems, altho i know that is hard.
#43 Old 10-20-2007, 09:30 AM

you need to go to the doctor. I got sick a long while ago and couldn't keep food down, couldn't keep liquid down

I hate needles and let them rehydrate me intravenously. they also gave me fentegren (sp?) to calm my stomach so it would stop rejecting everything that went in it.

go to the doctor.
#44 Old 10-20-2007, 11:16 AM
Super Moderator

I am so proud to report that I can eat again! I can only eat about half portions, but I feel SOOOO much better. I'm not weak or shakey. I was about to go to the Urgent Care yesterday, but I received a call from Mark and we talked things out. I still wasn't able to eat right away, but the nerves calmed almost immediately and after about 5 hours, I could eat. I'm treating my infection now and if I don't feel better by Monday, I'll go to Urgent Care right after my class. It's not that I don't want to go or I'm putting it off, I just feel that since I'm finally eating and things are getting under control, I should try to drink plenty of water and try to recover at home.

I went to the movies last night to see Across the Universe and before I went in, I had part of a Quizno's sub. After the movie, I was starving again, so I got a grilled cheese and fries at In-n-out (ate 4th of each). I'm on the road to recovery. I'm going to cook extra healthy today. I have no desire to eat junk food, so that will help my stomach go back to normal.

Thank you EVERYONE for helping. This thread can help others in the future who are having the same issues. It got to a point where I couldn't drink much, so eating breads was impossible without saliva.

In my experience, here's what you can eat on an empty stomach:

-A few bites of banana

-Fruit (I know it sounds harsh and sugar-filled, but it helped A LOT with my brain)

-Crackers (with water)

-Beans (if you don't have gas problems)

-Peanut Butter Sandwich crackers (with water)

-Cereal w/ milk (I didn't try it, but it was my next choice)

-Applesauce (be careful, it can be really tart)
#45 Old 10-20-2007, 08:16 PM

oh im so glad danak!

i was worried for you, i know how the feeling crappy cycle can be!

its so funny that you mention grilled cheese too... when i was little, that used to be the first thing i would ask my mother for after i was sick... along w/ a coffee milkshake.haha.

dang, that was good.

you may want to sip pedialyte (has less sugar) or gatorade, to help w/ your electrolytes too.
#46 Old 10-20-2007, 08:49 PM
Super Moderator

Aww... thanks for being concerned. I'm special I love these VB because everyone is so helpful and caring. When I know someone here isn't doing well, I feel terrible all day and pray for them.

In-n-out is the best place in the entire world for grilled cheeses' It was 2 slices of melted cheese, lettuce, tomato, grilled onions, pickles, and heavy spread (similar to 1000 island but better). I want one right now. The fries were good too I shared the meal with my bf (yeah, I know what you're thinking) and I couldn't even finish my half. I think I might have to make a trip for another in my PJs...

The restaurant I used to work at had the best shakes, including coffee ones. I like coffee certain ways, but didn't care for the shake. Now I want a shake... dang, I'm going to be fat by the end of the week with these darn food cravings! I guess they're a good sign though.

Good idea with the eletrolytes

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page