Harvey & Marilyn Diamond - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 08-07-2006, 06:41 AM
Beginner

Years ago I read FIT FOR LIFE by Harvey Diamond and I also have the cookbook written by his wife Marilyn. Recently I read that they now reject vegetarianism and eat meat. I was wondering if anyone know why they changed their position about vegetarianism.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-07-2006, 07:15 AM
Beginner

I'd never had too much enthusiasm for the FIT FOT LIFE concept. It's a diet you can follow for a limited time only; it's dangerous if you stick to it for a longer time. I read something by Marilyn Diamond, where she stated eating junk food and salami and then doing a new round of FIT FOR LIFE. Maybe it has something to do with selling books and merchandizing. I doubt a veg*n commitment.

If I'm not answering quickly enough - leave a note on Twitter for @Rheumatologe
#3 Old 08-07-2006, 07:23 AM
Beginner

I read in Harvey's latest book that he is not against eating meat anymore. I think Marilyn is still a vegetarian but I can't be sure. I undertand they are divorced.
#4 Old 08-07-2006, 08:03 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauteedbeans View Post

I read in Harvey's latest book that he is not against eating meat anymore. I think Marilyn is still a vegetarian but I can't be sure. I undertand they are divorced.

Yes, they are divorced. As far as I know already for some time. As far as I remember it has been a text by Marilyn where she stated switching to vegetarian again after having gorged herself on meat for a considerable time. I'll have a look at home if I'm able to find the reference.

#5 Old 08-07-2006, 02:50 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lothar M Kirsch View Post

Yes, they are divorced. As far as I know already for some time. As far as I remember it has been a text by Marilyn where she stated switching to vegetarian again after having gorged herself on meat for a considerable time. I'll have a look at home if I'm able to find the reference.

I was wondering about that (whether they were divorced) because he doesn't mention her on his current website.

What I can't understand is that if they were both once vegetarians and then disavowed it why they still talk about their original Fit for Life book and how it was a best seller and all. It seems quite hypocritical to me.
#6 Old 08-08-2006, 10:21 PM
Beginner

I've done my home work. Marilyn D. said in Fitonics for Life that she switched to an omnivore diet (burgers and so on) for "scientific" reasons, to have a feeling like everyone, gained 9 kg of weight and then with a diet 90% vegetarian and fitonics lost that weight and felt like 19 years old at the age of 50. I wonder what the 90% vegetarian diet is.

A good page on Fit for Life is at Quackwatch (one of my favourites):

http://www.tinajuanfitness.info/articles/art120198.html

#7 Old 08-09-2006, 06:20 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lothar M Kirsch View Post

I've done my home work. Marilyn D. said in Fitonics for Life that she switched to an omnivore diet (burgers and so on) for "scientific" reasons, to have a feeling like everyone, gained 9 kg of weight and then with a diet 90% vegetarian and fitonics lost that weight and felt like 19 years old at the age of 50. I wonder what the 90% vegetarian diet is.

A good page on Fit for Life is at Quackwatch (one of my favourites):

http://www.tinajuanfitness.info/articles/art120198.html

Thanks for the info and the link Lothar.
#8 Old 08-09-2006, 08:37 AM
Beginner

Poor Marilyn.... didn't get enough prions and fecal matter as a vegetarian. Just a cryin' shame, isn't it?
#9 Old 08-10-2006, 08:55 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4EverGrounded View Post

Poor Marilyn.... didn't get enough prions and fecal matter as a vegetarian. Just a cryin' shame, isn't it?

LOL!

Do you suggest a book PRIONICS FOR LIFE?

#10 Old 08-11-2006, 09:51 AM
Beginner

Why, absolutely, Lothar!

I recommend it for anyone interested in becoming a fecaltarian.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page