Animal Friendly Milk? - Page 2 - VeggieBoards

Forum Jump: 

#31 Old 01-20-2006, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher View Post

This in NO WAY can compare to the same level but as an infertile woman who has lost a baby, I can empathize with the mother cows who's babies get stolen from them.

People often don't understand the impact it can have, but a miscarriage is still the loss of a baby.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 01-20-2006, 08:24 PM

We have planned on making trips out to Fresno for supplies! So that's always an option. Plus my husband is from monterey, so we go there often too. Milk isn't really something you can stock up on, though, because it goes bad so quickly. Oh well, I guess we'll figure it out. We can CERTAINLY stop by some of the dairies that are local and see what they're all about.
#33 Old 01-21-2006, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snownose View Post

If you can't find any other locally produced milk, you could see if any supermarkets near you stock Horizon organic. On the side of the box it says that the cows are given pastures etc. I guess it's the best supermarket brand.

that sounds like those cheese commerciials where all of the cows are soooo happy that humans take their milk.

----------------------------------

obviously you dont have to answer my questions but why NOT plant based milks? your huband wouldnt be giving anything up. almond milk tastes sooo much better than cow, soy, and rice milk in my opinion. if anything, you will benefit from lower cost (instead of driving elsewhere many times), you can stock up no problem, better flavor, it's actually healthy for you, and peace of mind in knowing that its animal-friendly.

#34 Old 01-21-2006, 07:21 AM

Just remember free range is more a marketing tool than fact. All free range means is the animal has access to the outside some part of the day. Five minutes would be considered free range.
#35 Old 01-21-2006, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebutterfly05 View Post

So why is it that vegan convenience foods are so expensive and I hear from every one (inluding animal rights groups and VegNews) that the prices will go down the more people buy them?

Because they are a niche market. A small customer base with high demand in that customer base.
#36 Old 01-21-2006, 07:47 AM

Horizon has had some controversy about the care of their animals. I'll see if I can find some info.

Here's an article:

http://www.salon.com/news/feature/20.../index_np.html
#37 Old 01-21-2006, 08:17 AM

Thanks for the article, Ludi. I always thought free range was better than regular store brands. I guess I should get my own chickens and a cow and put them in my backyard and produce free range products

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page