VeggieBoards

VeggieBoards (http://www.veggieboards.com/forum/)
-   Vegetarian Support Forum (http://www.veggieboards.com/forum/11-vegetarian-support-forum/)
-   -   Do you fart a lot? (http://www.veggieboards.com/forum/11-vegetarian-support-forum/41465-do-you-fart-lot.html)

jj1 11-04-2005 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemydragon View Post

PPPppppFfffffffttttttt. pardon me.

Oh was that you? I thought one snuck out on me.

eggplant 11-04-2005 08:57 AM

I was always a big farter (a family trait), but since going vegan and giving up dairy my farting has substantially decreased to the point that I don't fart all that much now. I suspect it was dairy all along that made me "windier" than average my whole life. My omni bf, one the other hand, is an extraordinary farter, or as we like to say, he "gets the winds something fierce!" (It's best if you say that in an "old codger" type voice.)

ilovemydragon 11-04-2005 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggplant View Post

I was always a big farter (a family trait), but since going vegan and giving up dairy my farting has substantially decreased to the point that I don't fart all that much now. I suspect it was dairy all along that made me "windier" than average my whole life. My omni bf, one the other hand, is an extraordinary farter, or as we like to say, he "gets the winds something fierce!" (It's best if you say that in an "old codger" type voice.)

Farting is a sign of health. I still ROFL when I hear one too.

tROPICALgIRL 11-04-2005 09:21 AM

This was the funniest thread I think I have ever read! I seriously laughed out loud quite a few times! And the answer is YES! I almost went and got gas X but it only bothers the bf so oh well lol And I just blame the dog anyway!!!

tROPICALgIRL 11-04-2005 09:22 AM

oh yeah...to ZERIX....DEDODEDODEDO sorru just couldn't help it!!! I LOVE that show!

jj1 11-04-2005 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemydragon View Post

I still ROFL when I hear one too.

I've witnessed many times a tense situation broken up because

somebody lets one rip and everybody busts out laughing.

ilovemydragon 11-04-2005 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj1 View Post

I've witnessed many times a tense situation broken up because

somebody lets one rip and everybody busts out laughing.

Like a wedding ceremony?

xrodolfox 11-04-2005 09:38 AM

I've never farted a lot.

This topic just reminds me that if I ever go to a "meat up" it should be in an open air space.

GhostUser 11-04-2005 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by froggythefrog View Post

Okay, guys I have to sing one of my favorite song lines (apologies in advance):

"Your eyes are Kansas City. They're in Kansas and in misery..."

Nope, Missouri side for me.

Gnome Chomsky 11-04-2005 12:35 PM

>>Every since I have gone vegan I have been farting like a wild man>>

No, I simply am a wild-man.

ebola

froggythefrog 11-04-2005 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goettling View Post

Nope, Missouri side for me.

Okay.... Your eyes have ummmmm.... candor and they're in Missouri. Yeah.

vggiegirl 11-04-2005 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnome Chomsky View Post

>>Every since I have gone vegan I have been farting like a wild man>>

No, I simply am a wild-man.

ebola

I've seen pictures!

GhostUser 11-04-2005 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by froggythefrog View Post

Okay.... Your eyes have ummmmm.... candor and they're in Missouri. Yeah.

Thank you, I enjoyed it.

Zerix01 11-06-2005 04:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tROPICALgIRL View Post

oh yeah...to ZERIX....DEDODEDODEDO sorru just couldn't help it!!! I LOVE that show!

Appropriate for this thread.

Zim - "This should lock you in to permanent duty mode."

Gir - (giggling)

Zim - "What?!"

Gir - "he, he,... Doody"

BrokenAngel 11-06-2005 05:03 AM

Haha i'm so immature, I can't stop laughing at this post. *blush*

No, I haven't noticed that I fart more since going veg.

prettyvisitor09 02-01-2013 02:08 PM

I have just increased my intake of beans, at the end of the month, and therefore eating crockpot paellas, that have made my ass very potent, does my body get used to this change, i have ben a vegetarian nearly 2 years, and have never seen this before, they are awful , though so i very much hope they stop!

ElaineV 02-01-2013 06:42 PM

Yup, I fart a lot.
But my husband and son are also vegan and they don't fart remotely as often as I do.

Auxin 02-01-2013 08:55 PM

It depends how stuff is prepared.

Canned beans or beans just soaked a hour or two and cooked give me gas but I soak beans for 8 hours, drain, and let germinate for 16 hours before cooking. That greatly reduces the effect. Split peas give me gas, I suppose I should treat those the same. Raw cabbage does, but well fermented cabbage doesnt. Raw onion does, but I wont give up raw onion tongue3.gif

Theres a joke that when a jogger passes by you can tell if theyre veg*n by the sound alone, but what you eat and how you make it can change the amount of gas ten fold.

...Wouldnt vegetarian paella simply be beans n rice with greens? Or is imitation rabbit and snails in markets now? Leave out tofu-snails and mock-wabbit and I eat vegan paella all the time, little gas until I pile on the raw onion.

angelluzita 02-03-2013 05:30 AM

Right now I'm going throug a change to be vegeterian again, but I remembre that about a a a yer and a half when I went completely vegeteriam yess I fart a lot, because of the increse of beans but they actualy didn't smell bad, when I used to eat them with meat before, they would smell awfall xD, by the way, eating beans to often can be bad for one?

gingerpie 02-04-2013 08:08 PM

I don't fart, at least when I'm with my girlfriend!  I'd rather get pain lol.

drowsyturtle 02-05-2013 04:44 PM

constantly. It's become painful not to!

Capstan 02-05-2013 05:28 PM

I do my fair share of breaking wind, but my farts no longer smell like manure! grin.gif

gingerpie 02-05-2013 05:48 PM

What do you guys do if you need to fart when you're with a romantic/sexual partner?

beanspud 02-05-2013 07:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerpie View Post

What do you guys do if you need to fart when you're with a romantic/sexual partner?

I let her pull my finger. wink3.gif

gingerpie 02-05-2013 08:05 PM

Who says romance is dead? grin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by beanspud View Post

I let her pull my finger. wink3.gif

VegetarianTeen 03-01-2013 05:36 PM

I fart all the time and my farts really do stink. They usually smell like a sewer and rotten garbage combined. Must be from all the peanut butter, veggie burgers and pizza i eat.

nervehold 03-04-2013 03:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerpie View Post

A couple that toots together, stays together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElaineV View Post

Yup, I fart a lot.
But my husband and son are also vegan and they don't fart remotely as often as I do.

Just curious... how do you know this?

peace 03-04-2013 06:42 AM

laugh.gif

Purp 03-04-2013 08:58 PM

I don't fart. I blame the cat. Basil! Yuck!

cococola44 03-05-2013 08:07 AM

I actually fart less when I am not pregnant as a vegetarian.