VeggieBoards banner

Something That Made My Day

2K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  GhostUser 
#1 ·
In the fine land of Louisiana it can be awfully hard to find a vegan, or even a vegetarian. Even at Whole Foods Market, I rarely find myself working with someone who calls themselves a vegetarian, and those that do usually eat fish.

However, today, in my line (I was cashiering) there was a woman who looked like she was in her 40s, could have been your average mother. She mentioned that she went vegan, and that today was her first day! She wasn't even vegetarian yesterday, she just started everything, cold turkey, TODAY!

Apparently, she saw Dr Neil Bernard talk last night in town. She said that anyone who heard his speach would go vegan. Wow! That's amazing.

I strive for such affective advocacy!

It was a really great thing to see that young spirit and fervor grab ahold of someone. It's been quite awhile since I've seen that! It was really nice.

#9 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by sunnyk

Tell us more. Maybe we can pick up the "New Veg*ns" thread, if we can locate it.... I'd like to hear more of those stories in general.
He's going to give it a try for a week later this summer, when he can focus more clearly on it. He's got family visiting, etc., so it's easier to wait to get started.

I'm going to plan a meal chart for him for the week (plan around him not having the things I now take for granted, like milled flax seed), inform him about B12 and all that, and I'm going to take him with me and my wife to Whole Foods so that it's not too overwhelming and to answer any questions that come up. Plus, I can steer him away from the crappier brands.

I'll post more on it when the time comes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.