VeggieBoards banner

arghhh FrusTration!!!

2K views 21 replies 17 participants last post by  SallyK 
#1 ·
anyone seen that new Applebee's ad? (in the U.S.- not sure if it's anywhere else..)

and it's not the fact that it's all about steak and meet... and dairy.. i mean it's a steakhouse.. and people can eat what they want

but the jingle!!!

it gets stuck in my head, well, because that's what jingles are supposed to do.. but here i am .. going around with this song about steak stuck in my head and can't get it out !!!!

aarrrrrgggggghhh!!!

just had to vent......

#3 ·
Need a new song?

Cooome aaaaand listen to a story of a man named Jeb,

A poor mountioneer tryen ta keep his family feed,

And then one day he was shooten at some fud,

When up from the ground come a bubblen fluid.

Owel that is;

Black gold;

Texas tea.

Weeeell the first thing you know ol' Jebs a millionair;

The kin folk said, "Jeb move away from there;"

They said, California is the place ye ought to be;"

So they loaded up the truck and moved to Beverlyyyyy.

Hills that is;

Swimmin pools'

Mooovie Stars.

Whoo Doggie, I've never been able to shake that one.

#4 ·
I just saw that Applebees commercial. Yech.

Now there's a Lea & Perrins commercial on. Double yech.

ETA: Oh geez, as soon as I posted that, a commercial for Leather Creations came on.

Three in a row. O_O

#6 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by ceryna

I just saw that Applebees commercial. Yech.

Now there's a Lea & Perrins commercial on. Double yech.

ETA: Oh geez, as soon as I posted that, a commercial for Leather Creations came on.

Three in a row. O_O
Are you talking about that Lea and Perrins "I made you....." commercial? I love to have my fun with it when it comes on. My versions goes something like this:

"You are unhealthy.

I made you more artery-clogging...

You are rancid.

I made you more disgusting, still...

You are full of contaminates.

I made people overlook your hazards with tastebud-coating crap.

I'm a heart attack in a bottle...

I cause suffering while pretending to be good."

Next time that commercial comes on, mute the sound and use my version instead of theirs.

I haven't seen the Applebee's commercial yet or the ones for Leather Creations but they both sound like spots that need a good picking on....

#12 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Thalia

Applebee's always has the most catchy songs. Like the "I want my baby back baby back..." (I won't write the rest.) Yes, they are evil.
You're thinking of Chili's (the baby back, baby back...). I used to sing "I'll have a heart attack, heart attack, heart attack. I'll have a heart attack, heart attack, heart attack. Give me...a heart attack please, I need some clogged arteries, with barbeque sauce...."

#13 ·
Would that be the "Gimme steak, lots of steak, lots of tender, juicy steak--at Applebee's" commercial you're referring to? Yeah, it sucks, but the ones I hate even more than that are the Beef Council ads or the ones that say "It's just not a meal without meat." WTF? As if I've been eating non-meals for the last 6 years.

But the one I hate more than ANYTHING is the Red Lobster lobsterfest commercial where you see a lobster ambling along the sea floor minding his own business and "Nowhere to Run" by Aretha Franklin plays.

#18 ·
UGH! You guys, this commercial and others have been stuck in my head lately too. I swear, every other commercial or tv show has meat in it. What about those STOOPID Arby's commercials with the oven mit? Pleeeeeeeaaase.

I was driving the other day and on a stretch of freeway in the Twin Cities area, about 6 miles long, there were 4 or 5 billboards that were all about meat. This includes a billboard from the pork council that said something like "Life is a bowl of pork". WHAATTT??

I wish I had enough $ to post animal rights billboards. Someday I will!

Yeah, that Red Lobster commercial brings tears to my eyes every time I see it. Very very sad. Why can't the average person see how cruel this commercial is?

Today I was watching FOOD 911 on the Food channel, (with that super hot chef...:p) and he was making something with sausage. *gag*. Then a commercial came on for some other cooking show with Al Roker and it's all about ribs. Then you see dozens of some poor animals ribs hanging on a rack, then being charred on a grill, then, of course, someone eating it with their hands, biting right off the bone. Then the next commercial is for a steak house.

Is there currently a permanant thread to spout off on this topic? If so, I will be a regular visitor. My eyes and ears are always tuned in to detect this sh*t.

#19 ·
There's a commercial for a fast food place, Checkers, that actually has a sandwich called the "Screaming Chicken" sandwich. Who thought of that? They also have one called the "Checker double-decker", which I've renamed the "Checker toilet-wrecker". It just seems more fitting for some E-coli laden beef.

#20 ·
That Applebee's commercial keeps getting stuck in my head, too. The jingle is very catching, but the words are a bunch of poopy. I actually started singing it mindlessly when I was folding clothes. After a few seconds I realized the horror of it all
and stopped to find my husband staring at me in shock.

The shame of it all. *Flower hangs head and beats herself mercilessly*

#21 ·
I have yet to see the new applebees commercal. But one commercial I do not like is the one that Jack In The Box had a while ago, where the omnivores and the hebivores where playing football and the hebivores masscot was a huge rice cake! To make a long story short the omnivores won and beat-up the hebivores in the end.

It could not have been me, I'm a very well muscled toned vegan and they would not have tangled me that way!

#22 ·
lighthouse25, that commercial would have really pissed me off! We don't have Jack in the Box restaurants here though.

And what is the deal with Culvers restaurants? They are popping up around here like crazy. They offer the "Butter Burger". How gross does that sound?? And I'm sure you can go in there and make it a "meal" with french fries and a shake.

Grrrrrrrrrrrr.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.