Wax paper - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 04-04-2005, 08:38 AM
Banned

I can't remember if wax paper is vegan, and I'm not having much luck finding info.

If some is/some isn't, would you please advise a vegan brand.

Mercy buckets.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-04-2005, 09:24 AM
Beginner

Hhhmm...that's something I never thought about. I just did a Google search and this is what I came up with:

From http://www.vrg.org/vrgnews/2003apr.htm#nine

"According to Star-K, a kosher certification agency, "most wax papers are coated with paraffin, a petroleum based wax. However, most wax suppliers manufacture both paraffin waxes and tallow based products." (Tallow is from an animal fat.) These are often produced on the same equipment. Before certifying any wax papers, Star-K ensures that the supplier produces paraffin exclusively, or that they have adequate systems in place to prevent contamination. If you rely on a kosher certification, you may want to check on that agency's policy. According to the Reynold's website, Reynold's(r) Cut-Rite Wax Paper(r) is manufactured with a triple coating of paraffin wax onto tissue paper."

Hope this helps!
#3 Old 04-04-2005, 09:39 AM
Banned

K, it does.

So I need to find either Kosher or paraffin-only paper to avoid offending my vegans
#4 Old 04-04-2005, 10:19 AM
Beginner

How about parchment paper? Will that work for what you want to use it for?
#5 Old 04-04-2005, 10:31 AM
Banned

yeah, that's cool. parchment paper is vegan then?
#6 Old 04-04-2005, 10:37 AM
Beginner

yes.
#7 Old 04-04-2005, 11:54 AM
Beginner

Wait...i'm confused Krista...I thought you were an omnivore? So sorry for my ignorance . Do you still buy Vegan products? Its cool...i'm just wondering. Sorry again.

Cheers.
#8 Old 04-04-2005, 12:23 PM
Beginner

Krista is making vegan bath products, and she is being very careful to make sure that not only the products she makes are vegan, but all the materials used in the making of them are vegan, also. I think it's very considerate (and good business sense, too.)

We see the world as "we" are, not as "it" is; because it is the "I" behind the "eye" that does the seeing.
#9 Old 04-04-2005, 03:31 PM
Banned

Awww thanks specialness

As a side note, even though I have not publicly bowed to the vegetarian golden idol, you will discover that almost all of my kitchen products are vegan or, at minimum, not tested on animals.

And thanks for the all assistance I have parchment at home!!! (There is a new product I wanted to add, but I needed a wax paper product for storage. parchment is perfect!)
#10 Old 04-04-2005, 04:35 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshTart View Post

Awww thanks specialness

As a side note, even though I have not publicly bowed to the vegetarian golden idol, you will discover that almost all of my kitchen products are vegan or, at minimum, not tested on animals.

And thanks for the all assistance I have parchment at home!!! (There is a new product I wanted to add, but I needed a wax paper product for storage. parchment is perfect!)

I see . I just want to say that I hope i didn't sound critical or anything because I really tried not to heh . I was just curious thats all. So yea...even more a reason to think Krista is a class-A, freakin' cool person .

Cheers.
#11 Old 04-04-2005, 05:57 PM
Banned

It's all cool, dosher

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page