VeggieBoards banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

McVegan Burger Debuts at McDonald's

3K views 27 replies 15 participants last post by  Purp 
#1 ·

International fast-food giant McDonald's introduced the McVegan burger to the menu this week at its Tampere, Finland location. The vegan as-is burger is made with a soy patty and is served with an eggless "McFeast" sauce, while vegan French fries-baked in vegetable oil in a separate cooking pot-are available as a side. Christoffer Rönnblad, marking director of McDonald's in Finland, told Finnish media outlet MTV that the burger is part of a trial to test for customer demand, and its success will determine whether McDonald's introduces the plant-based option worldwide. "At least the feedback that we have quickly received, and what reception has been online yesterday and already the other day," Rönnblad said, "it has been quite positive. We are going to be positive in this test." In May, McDonald's added the vegan-friendly "McVeggie"-made vegan by removing cheese-to its menus in locations across Norway.
Read the rest here: http://vegnews.com/articles/page.do?pageId=10185&catId=1

This is amazing news! I love the name. :lol:

See less See more
#8 ·
Yep! At this point, potato fries (and potato chips- I guess they call those "crisps" in the UK) are about the only vegan junk food available to me these days which I would enjoy.

#6 ·
They could veganize the whole menu and I'd likely still steer clear...of all fast food joints. I can't get the all too vivid memories of the stomach turning smells and the multiple events of me almost falling on their floors a few times from the slick greasy film that seems to remain, while also imagining the residue it left behind in my guts. In a pinch, with absolutely no other options, perhaps, but I think I'd rather fall back on my newfound abilities to fast before I'd choose to give them my money.

Reactions: blue_green_gold
#7 ·
I get that all health concious folks aren't going to McDonalds, either omni or veg, but we need to look at the introduction of a vegan more as an addition to their menu. It doesn't need to be marketed exclusively towards vegans, but to include them as well as give meateaters another choice. For omnis it would be a healthier choice. For veg'ns it would an option

If you don't like it don't go, your input isn't needed

#9 ·
It's a public forum and unless it's specifically stated by the OP to only comment if you fully support and plan to partake in something, all opinions/input are welcomed, as far as I understand things, obviously as long as they aren't breaking the rules or spamming.

#13 ·
It's a step in the right direction.

#23 ·
I think if everyone boycotted fast food as an industry, factory farming would cave in on itself.

That being said, this is kind of the “don’t ask, don’t tell” of food..? Not the greatest idea, but a big step in the right direction. Anytime veganism is mainstreamed in any way at all makes us appear more normal, therefore more acceptable, more approachable, more likely to be able to persuade people to take a look into veganism.

Reactions: Mr. H.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.