Forum Jump: 
 3Likes
  • 1 Post By jessandreia
  • 1 Post By rose10
  • 1 Post By Jamie in Chile

#1 Old 01-18-2017, 03:20 AM

Hungry most of the time

Hi everyone,
This june it is going to my 3rd anniversary of my lacto-ovo vegetarian life. I have a 21 year old daughter who is also a lacto-ovo vegetarian since 2 years. Even though she lives in another country (meaning we did not influence each other) started to develop the following problem.
We are always hungry and even though we are very strict about not eating anything murdered recently both she and I confessed that we sometimes want (not consider) meat. I think the reason for this is we are never full most of the time. In order to be full we dont push ourselves to pasta and bread. So there is this problem. This issue developed recently. Obvious that we are doing something wrong.
Any suggestions?
Thank you all
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-18-2017, 03:37 AM
Veggie Regular

Maybe you're eating less calories lately?

"We have enslaved the rest of the animal creation, and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were able to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form." - William Ralphe Inge

#3 Old 01-18-2017, 03:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessandreia View Post
Maybe you're eating less calories lately?
I am not sure. Maybe we are eating wrong stuff

#4 Old 01-18-2017, 03:47 AM

I think you just need to increase your consumption with some high calories foods such as avocados and nuts.
David3 likes this.
#5 Old 01-18-2017, 07:02 AM
Peace

If you crave meat your diet might be deficient in for example iron or b12. I would recommend to get your bloodwork done in order to make sure that these levels are correct. Usually when I crave meat, the above is the culprit. For b12 it is good to take supplements, even if you are vegetarian.

I also recommend you to check if you're eating enough iron rich foods like leafy greens, nuts and raisins. Combining iron rich foods with vitamin C containing foods stimulates absorbtion. Here is some more on iron :https://www.vegansociety.com/resourc...nutrients/iron

Nothing tastes as good as compassion feels
#6 Old 01-18-2017, 12:45 PM
Veggie Regular

Good advice on this thread. I suggest to just eat larger portions and more snacks with more filling foods like nuts. If you can do that without putting on unnecessary extra weight, that's the most obvious solution.
David3 likes this.
#7 Old 01-19-2017, 12:38 PM

Hello Sehnaz,

Hope all is well.
If you're feeling hungry, perhaps you're not eating enough starchy/carby vegetables. Like, sweet potatoes, quinoa, rice, bread, wraps, etc.

Try creating some interesting rice bowls! They taste great and are filling!

Hope this helps!

forkandveg.com

Live & Let Live
#GoVegan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#8 Old 01-20-2017, 07:34 PM
Vegan since 1991

Quote:
Originally Posted by Şehnaz Tuna View Post
Hi everyone,
This june it is going to my 3rd anniversary of my lacto-ovo vegetarian life. I have a 21 year old daughter who is also a lacto-ovo vegetarian since 2 years. Even though she lives in another country (meaning we did not influence each other) started to develop the following problem.
We are always hungry and even though we are very strict about not eating anything murdered recently both she and I confessed that we sometimes want (not consider) meat. I think the reason for this is we are never full most of the time. In order to be full we dont push ourselves to pasta and bread. So there is this problem. This issue developed recently. Obvious that we are doing something wrong.
Any suggestions?
Thank you all

As others have mentioned, you may be hungry because you're simply not eating enough calories.

Here's a pretty easy way to make sure you're eating enough:

First, use a calorie-requirements calculator to estimate your daily calorie needs: https://nutritiondata.self.com/tools/calories-burned

Next, just remember this calorie rule-of-thumb:

One cup of cooked beans/legumes contains about 230 calories

One cup of cooked grains/pasta contains about 190 calories

One cup of fresh (not dried) fruit contains 40-100 calories

One cup of non-starchy vegetables contains 5-40 calories

One cup of nuts or seeds contains 650-1000 calories

_________

“Under the twinkling trees was a table covered with Guatemalan fabric, roses in juice jars, wax rose candles from Tijuana and plates of food — Weetzie's Vegetable Love-Rice, My Secret Agent Lover Man's guacamole, Dirk's homemade pizza, Duck's fig and berry salad and Surfer Surprise Protein Punch, Brandy-Lynn's pink macaroni, Coyote's cornmeal cakes, Ping's mushu plum crepes and Valentine's Jamaican plantain pie."

from Witch Baby, Francesca Lia Block, 1991

Tags
hunger , hungry

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page