What Did You Eat Vegetarian Today? - VeggieBoards

Forum Jump: 
 50Likes

#1 Old 10-22-2014, 06:39 AM
Happy Veggie

Post What Did You Eat Vegetarian Today?

I decided to start a vegetarian diary so I can keep track of the food i'm eating and stick with becoming a vegetarian. People can also post their vegetarian or vegan diaries here to and give advice this will be fun so let's start.

10/22/014

Breakfast: I had a scrambled egg sandwich (i'm vegetarian so I can have eggs) and some cut up cucumber with a glass of water. Too some people this might not be very filling but I get full quite easily. At a party before I got full from eating 3 baby carrots and a cupcake! My friends and I are always laughing about that lol but it's perfectly fine for my height and weight that's what the doctor told me so it's all good and i'm a very active healthy teenager

Lunch: I made myself a caesar salad the salad had: Caesar croutons, romaine lettuce, little bits of garlic, little bits of green bell pepper, little bits of red onion, and some caesar dressing (I think the dressing had little black bits in it and I was told they were fish so I failed with the dressing but we don't own any without that so i'll try to find one next time I go shopping for food with my grandma) It was very yummy and I enjoyed it until I finished and realized about the salad dressing.... But it's pretty good for my first/second day.

Dinner: For dinner today I had a wrap in this wrap I had: A whole wheat tortilla wrap, Cut up green bell peppers, romaine lettuce, and cucumber. Earlier I also had two small pieces of vegetable pizza which had: Tomato sauce, Seasoning (don't remember what kind) Cheese with veges I think, and some tomato but I took off the tomato because I don't like them.

Oh let me tell you something about yesterday:

10/21/2014

So this day was like every meal everyone had meat ;( so my grandma made some tortellini (I don't like it that much anyway) and asked if I wanted any and I was just like "Oh no thank you i'm not a fan of meat" and she knows that and was fine with it then my dad had some of the meat I liked not sure what it is but I don't want to know it'll make me sad if I knew... Anyway I also said no to that with no problem. So I think i'm doing alright at this vegetarian thing

Anyway I think I like becoming a vegetarian it's fun! let's hope I have a good healthy lunch and dinner today too, well I hope I stick with vegetarianism for a loooooong time like forever long! Maybe in like 6-7 years when I go to collage I can try out being a vegan? Well that's a long way away let's just focus on the vegetarianism for now

NOTE: I'll add in my lunch, dinner, and snack to this same post with the edit option. And the next day i'll make another post in this same thread but not this exact post i'm writing in at the moment.
leedsveg likes this.

Last edited by gjbz123; 10-22-2014 at 02:31 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-23-2014, 05:59 AM
Happy Veggie

Post My Vegetarian Diary 10/23/2014

Hello again!

Here is another diary entry for today's Vegetarian Diary. Also you get to see what my older brother thinks of my new way of eating. And how my mom feels

Breakfast: I made my first omelet I was scared to make one because I hate the smell of burnt eggs and veges but I made it perfect! Here's what I did: Cut up some Green Bell Peppers, Red Onions, And Garlic. Sprayed my frying pan with cooking spray to stop the egg from sticking. Cracked an egg and beat it until the bottom of my pan was all egg. Then I put my veges in and cooked, and flipped, and cooked, and flipped, etc. Half way through cooking I put some bread in the toaster and made some lightly toasted toast. I took my omelet and put it on my plate until I was done putting margarine on my toast got a glass of water and enjoyed it was VERY filling. I also eat slowly so I stay fuller through out the day.

Lunch: I deiced to have a wrap so in this wrap I had: A whole wheat tortilla, romaine lettuce, shredded carrots, cut up green bell pepper, cut up red onion, cut up cucumber, and a glass of water. It was quite delicious

Dinner: For diner I felt like a baked potato so I made my first baked potato so on this potato I had margarine, a little tiny bit of salt, and lots of ground pepper (I love pepper) it was a pretty large potato in my option and it was very filling so I only had one potato, also I drank more water.

My mom has no problem with me being a vegetarian actually she's kinda happy for me I think. She said she was a vegetarian for 3 years to lose weight and said it was pretty hard but she also said it's a nice healthy way to eat and my oldest brother (not the one i'm going to talk about soon) would be proud to see i'm one of the few people in my family eating healthy now. I haven't told my dad i'm a vegetarian yet but he wouldn't care much anyway, he already knows I don't like meat much anyway. But you know who does not like this idea? My older brother, he is obsessed with meat! When I was looking for food he kept saying different meats and I was like "No I don't like meat and i'm a vegetarian now..." then he went on "You need meat to grow, you need meat to be strong, you need meat to live, you need meat for everything, if you don't eat meat you'll die!" then I said "Well meat has too much cholesterol and fats" then he went on again.... "No you need all of that it's healthy I asked one of my friends and she said meat is the best thing you can eat. And I think vegetarians are lame because they don't eat right they don't get protein or anything healthy you'll just starve and die" then again I was like "Actually vegetarians can be very healthy and fit and stuff if they eat right you don't need meat for protein there are lots of foods that aren't meat and better that have protein" then he said "Okay whatever but you'll be weak and can't do gymnastics or anything you like" and he gave up so yeah.... It's going to be annoying me a vegetarian living with my brother a meat obsessed person. But you know it's my body I chose what can and can't go in it after all

Last edited by gjbz123; 10-23-2014 at 06:12 PM.
#3 Old 10-24-2014, 08:50 AM
Happy Veggie

Post My Vegetarian Diary 10/24/2014

Here is another diary entry my veggie friends

Breakfast: Today I woke up later then normal so I made a quick breakfast which was: Two pieces of toast with margarine on them and a glass of water (not the best breakfast but we need to go grocery shopping tomorrow)

Lunch: Yes lunch one of my favorite times of the day! For lunch I had some vegetable noodles and a baby baked potato with margarine, lots of pepper, and a little bit of salt also a glass of water it was very yummy.

Dinner: I made my homemade pizza which had; A whole wheat pita bread, green bell peppers, garlic, red onion, shredded cheese, and Italian seasoning.
leedsveg likes this.

Last edited by gjbz123; 10-25-2014 at 06:05 AM.

#4 Old 10-24-2014, 02:47 PM
Super Moderator

You've made a great decision to be veg! For you, the earth, the animals.

You're probably getting to realize just how brainwashed people are about eating animals. It takes time to really understand that veg (including vegan) diets can easily and deliciously be as varied as anything any omni eats.

It's good that you eat so many veggies, but the eggs are the only thing I see that has much protein, and you need to up the calcium and iron. That's not hard. You can get canned beans. Garbanzos are great in everything from salads, sandwich spreads made like you would egg or tuna, pasta or other grain dishes, or just plain as a snack
Lentil soups, bean soups, nut butters, tofu, seeds, whole grains, soy milk, HUMMUS! Fat free refried beans. Mexican dishes, Italian, Chinese, Indian. Add nuts to stir fries, salads. Look up smoothie recipes

Google (or whatever) is your best friend. There is so much about veg diets/nutrition, all you need to do is search!
And of course--here! We have lots of all kinds of food threads with recipes, links and advice. Including a teen only section.

The other thing that could cause you problems is that it really doesn't sound like you're getting enough calories. You may fell as full, but meat packs a lot of calories in a small amount. Adding some of the foods I suggested will help there.

Welcome!
elsie182 likes this.
#5 Old 10-24-2014, 04:25 PM
Happy Veggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by silva View Post

You've made a great decision to be veg! For you, the earth, the animals.

You're probably getting to realize just how brainwashed people are about eating animals. It takes time to really understand that veg (including vegan) diets can easily and deliciously be as varied as anything any omni eats.

It's good that you eat so many veggies, but the eggs are the only thing I see that has much protein, and you need to up the calcium and iron. That's not hard. You can get canned beans. Garbanzos are great in everything from salads, sandwich spreads made like you would egg or tuna, pasta or other grain dishes, or just plain as a snack
Lentil soups, bean soups, nut butters, tofu, seeds, whole grains, soy milk, HUMMUS! Fat free refried beans. Mexican dishes, Italian, Chinese, Indian. Add nuts to stir fries, salads. Look up smoothie recipes

Google (or whatever) is your best friend. There is so much about veg diets/nutrition, all you need to do is search!
And of course--here! We have lots of all kinds of food threads with recipes, links and advice. Including a teen only section.

The other thing that could cause you problems is that it really doesn't sound like you're getting enough calories. You may fell as full, but meat packs a lot of calories in a small amount. Adding some of the foods I suggested will help there.

Welcome!
Oh okay thanks for letting me know Lucky i'm going grocery shopping with my grandma tomorrow so on my list I have: Greek Yogurt (in Strawberry or vanilla) Tofu anything (tofu dogs? soft tofu? tofu tofu?), Special K Low Fat Touch Of Honey Granola, Cucumbers, Romaine Lettuce, Whole Wheat Pita, Apples, bananas, Coconut Milk, maybe some veggie dogs or veggie burgers? Is all that okay to get?
LedBoots likes this.
#6 Old 10-25-2014, 05:26 AM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Yes, and add a bag/box/can of lentils and a can of some kind of bean, like black or garbanzo. There's a million easy things you can do with them.
#7 Old 10-25-2014, 12:17 PM
Happy Veggie

Post My Vegetarian Diary 10/25/2014

Hello diary readers! Here is what I ate today enjoy

Breakfast: Scrambled eggs (I get my eggs from a farmer just so you know) with two pieces of white bread with margarine.

Lunch: My grandma made some pizza out of a book and it had: Tomatoes, peppers, spices, cheese, and tomato sauce.

Dinner: I'll let you know after dinner

Today I also went food shopping with my grandma and I really wanted some foods that have protein so here's what I got at the store:

Tofu (good source of protein)

Strawberry Greek Yogurt (healthy, fruity, and has lots of protein!)

Special K low fat with fiber and whole grains granola

Veggie Hot Dogs By Yves (Don't know what they taste like yet but they have some protein)

Natural Vegan Coconut Milk

Rotini Noodles

Quick Oats

And that's all I got at the store I haven't tried all of this yet but it's hopefully going to taste as good as it looks and sounds
LedBoots likes this.
#8 Old 10-26-2014, 12:13 PM
Happy Veggie

Post My Vegetarian Diary 10/26/2014

Okay so here is another diary entry for today I hope you enjoy it.

Breakfast: I had an awesome breakfast today! So I had some strawberry greek yogurt with some special K low fat granola and it was SO good <3 also a glass of water

Lunch: For lunch I had some Corn and French Fries with a glass of water

Dinner: Okay so for dinner I had a small baked potato with a glass of water and on my potato I had salt, and lots pepper with some margarine (Okay I'm in LOVE with baked potatoes encase you didn't know their one of my favorite foods next to watermelon)

Snacks: Oh I deiced i'm going to post some mid day snacks I had. Okay so I did have some lays original chips (a small bag) as pay meant for yard work today by my grandma, and also I had a girl guide cookie, and two little packs of strawberry Twizzlers, also some baby carrots and some crackers oh and I had one brownie because I cooked brownies for the family and I need to taste test it lol. Okay I really need to start cutting junk food out! I'll try harder not to eat junk and work on replacing it with healthy foods but sometimes I can have as a treat And I eat a lot more then I thought I always did and yet I'm as skinny as A twig :P

Last edited by gjbz123; 10-26-2014 at 06:46 PM.
#9 Old 10-26-2014, 04:14 PM

I love this idea! I think it's a great way to keep track of what you're eating and it definitely gives me ideas on what I can do to change up my daily eating routine!!
#10 Old 10-26-2014, 06:43 PM
Happy Veggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrotfanatic View Post
I love this idea! I think it's a great way to keep track of what you're eating and it definitely gives me ideas on what I can do to change up my daily eating routine!!
Thanks! I'm so happy I'm helping just make sure not to eat as much junk food as I do lol luckly my family is always skinny because of genetics. Anyway I'm happy to inspire you maybe you can start a food diary too
#11 Old 10-27-2014, 03:55 PM
Happy Veggie

Post My Vegetarian Diary 10/27/2014

Okay here is another diary entry.

Breakfast: I had a whole wheat (or whole grain I forget) Bagel with margarine on it and a glass of water.

Lunch: Pizza at a grocery store...

Dinner: Didn't have any yet.

Snacks: I had a girl guide cookie, pringles zesty ranch chips, water, animal fruity gummy things.

I went food shopping with my grandma again today and I got some Yves chick"N burgers I hope they taste good! Also I didn't eat much today because I was busy

Last edited by gjbz123; 10-27-2014 at 03:57 PM.
#12 Old 10-29-2014, 11:12 PM
Super Moderator

I ate too many snacks to keep track, but here's my list for today:

Breakfast: Salted Caramel Almond milk iced coffee with avocado toast.

Lunch: Orange Chik'n, brown rice, egg roll, and hot and sour soup.

Dinner: Chik'n apple sausage on a pretzel bun.

Snacks/Desserts: Apples, Caramel/white chocolate apple, olive hummus with pita chips, some sliced frozen bananas, peach rings (vegan), and a few chocolate truffles. I also sampled a ton of different honey and jams at a local place.
#13 Old 10-31-2014, 10:32 AM
Veggie Regular

Yesterday I had Syrian food for dinner and it was awesome! I went to a restaurant called Naranj ("Bitter Orange") for the third time since I've arrived in Kuwait. I had freshly baked Syrian bread, lentils in a citrus sauce with walnuts and crispy dough and I also had muhamarra pies which were awesome.

Aristede

"Now listen, I know you've got to think about your image, 'cause image is important to you, because of course your friends are gonna dictate your actions through the rest of your lives, and I wouldn't want you to step away from them and become an individual, that would almost be too much!"...

#14 Old 11-01-2014, 07:15 AM
Happy Veggie

Post My Vegetarian Diary 11/1/2014

Wow it's already November! Time flys by... Sorry for not posting in awhile I got a little busy (Okay lazy I won't lie too you lol) Well so far I havn;t had any meat and I don't miss it Now here is what was on the menu today.

Breakfast: My famous omelet (it's not really famous but I make it so much and make it for my family it is to me) Which has: Two eggs, green peppers, red onions, garlic, salt, and lots of pepper in between two slices of ghost toast (toast in the toaster you don't cook for long basically warm bread with a little crunch) and margarine on the toast. Also a glass of water.

Lunch: Haven't had it yet.

Dinner: Haven't had it yet.

SO far that's what i've eaten today. Okay I'm like in LOVE with baked potatoes and don't know why! I'm addicted to them I eat one almost everyday for dinner or when I can't find anything to eat and i'm always craving them! I don't know why they're just sooooooooo good. I had one last night as a night time snack and i never have night snacks... Oh well there yummy and my mom says there good for you even if I drown mine in pepper a little salt and margarine hahaha
LedBoots likes this.
#15 Old 11-01-2014, 07:17 AM
Happy Veggie

Wow that sounds so good everyone I love hearing what you eat it's helpful and kinda fun Please keep posting I'd love to hear more from you <3
#16 Old 11-02-2014, 11:37 AM

B: Oatmeal with strawberry-chocolate protein cream, peanut butter, and a chopped up snickers bar (after Halloween!)

L: Vegan chili with roasted potato wedges

D: Vegan red curry with aubergines and mango chutney, served over rice

+ multiple cups of coffee with almond milk and a handful of raisins!
#17 Old 11-02-2014, 11:43 AM

Also, congrats on making the transition! Like someone else posted here, you need to pay a little attention to the protein, but it seems like you're already doing really great trying to incorporate it! My absolute favourite veggie source of protein is chickpeas/garbanzo beans. If you buy the canned ones, just chuck them in a stew/chili/soup/curry/stirfry and it'll be amazing! You can also fry them in a frying pan with some spices (try smoked paprika! It's out of this world good!) I've been known to snack on those as if they were popcorn xD
#18 Old 11-07-2014, 06:28 AM
Veggie Regular

Today's food plan

Breakfast-
malt o meal original hot cereal w/ fortified margarine
1 small navel orange
1 cup skim milk
2 cups coffee

S-
nothin' (decided to have a green apple)

Lunch-
(change of plan, buffet out with a friend)
buffet food- steamed broccoli and carrots
a mountain of gooey (YUMMY) mac and cheese
4 fluffy dinner rolls
3 small iced brownies
1 slice watermelon

S-
nothing, full from lunch

D-
1 cup homemade vegan split pea soup
1whole grain dinner roll

D-
sugar free hot chocolate
3 mini caramels

Exercise= yoga

Last edited by melimomTARDIS; 11-07-2014 at 02:26 PM.
#19 Old 11-07-2014, 06:29 AM
Veggie Regular

I have little children too, so if you would like to see what they eat, I am more than willing to post.
#20 Old 11-07-2014, 06:54 AM

Yesterday

Breakfast - Muesli mixed with soya yoghurt

Lunch - brown wrap with hummus and grated carrot

Dinner - lentil and butter bean cottage pie

Today

Breakfast - brown wrap with hazelnut butter

Lunch - Butter bean salad

Dinner - same as yesterday

Snacks - I'll probably eat some lentil soup or rice cakes with almond or hazelnut butter, since lunch was small.
#21 Old 11-07-2014, 10:16 AM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by melimomTARDIS View Post
I have little children too, so if you would like to see what they eat, I am more than willing to post.
There's a thread here somewhere about What Did You Feed Your Vegan Child Today, or something of the sort. I will search for it and post it here if I find it. I have difficulty finding threads, but I'll give it a shot...

Edit: it's called What did you feed your child today? I can't link to it bc I'm on my phone on the tapatalk app.

Last edited by LedBoots; 11-07-2014 at 10:19 AM.
#22 Old 11-07-2014, 02:22 PM
Veggie Regular

My kids are not vegan, and I dont want to upset the apple cart by mentioning egg or milk.
#23 Old 11-07-2014, 02:43 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
My kids are not vegan, and I dont want to upset the apple cart by mentioning egg or milk.
?? This is the vegetarian (which includes ovo-lacto-vegetarian) section of the forum. I'm pretty sure you're allowed to post about milk and eggs in this section.

"We have enslaved the rest of the animal creation, and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were able to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form." - William Ralphe Inge

#24 Old 11-07-2014, 02:50 PM
Super Moderator

Yes, the thread about kids food is open to eggs and dairy foods

Here's the link:What did you feed your kids today?

I had muesli and soy milk and coffee
Chickpea salad on pumpernickel bread and rooibos tea
some spicy trail mix
and not sure about dinner.
LedBoots likes this.
#25 Old 11-07-2014, 06:06 PM
Veggie Regular

cool, I will post in that thread.
#26 Old 11-08-2014, 08:03 AM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Quote:
Yes, sorry, I wasn't intending to sound like I was pushing you to a vegan thread, I remembered it as a vegetarian thread actually.

Thanks Silva for posting the link!
#27 Old 11-08-2014, 09:07 AM
Veggie Regular

Super yummy day planned-

Breakfast-
swiss muesli mixed with a yoplait light yogurt
1 small navel orange
1 cup skim milk
2 cups coffee

Lunch-
2 whole wheat dinner rolls
1 serving of homemade vegan split pea soup

Snack-
Homemade popcorn popped in canola oil
low sodium v8

Dinner-
Basil pesto hummus pasta salad

Dessert
1/2 cup frozen yogurt mixed with 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
#28 Old 11-09-2014, 04:30 PM
Veggie Regular

Breakfast-
blueberry bagel with 30g almond butter
1/2 cup frozen blueberries, heated in the microwave
1/2 cup skim milk
2 cups coffee

Snack- 4 mini cocktail cucumbers

Lunch-
A guacamole burger, ordered without meat
small fries
unsweetened iced tea

Snack-
large bunch grapes

Dinner-
Homemade tofu stirfry, with broccoli. Vegetable egg rolls (NOT homemade) as a side dish.

Dessert-
strawberry greek yogurt with 100g raspberries stirred in
3 mini laffy taffy's from the halloween candy
#29 Old 11-10-2014, 07:02 AM
Veggie Regular

Today's vegetarian day

Breakfast-
1 cup dry oats (cooked with water in the microwave)
200g raspberries (reduced for quick sale! Score!)
1 cup skim milk
3 cups coffee

Snack-
2 white cheddar rice cakes

Lunch-
leftover tofu/rice/broccoli stir "fry"
3 mini vegetable egg rolls

Snack-
1/2 cup lowfat cottage cheese

Dinner-
Boca burger on a whole wheat bun
garden salad with light ranch
oven baked french fries with ketchup

Dessert- (yes, I eat dessert EVERY DAY)
1/2 cup fat free lime sherbet
200g mango chunks
#30 Old 11-11-2014, 06:31 AM
Veggie Regular

It is super cold here, so I am eating lots of warm foods to combat the icy feeling.

Breakfast-
1/2 cup dry oats cooked with water
2 T shredded coconut
100g mango all chopped up and mixed into oats
1 cup skim milk
3 cups coffee

Lunch-
Boca burger on a whole grain bun with bbq sauce
baked potato with bbq sauce on top
1/2 cup vegetarian baked beans

Snack-

Dinner-
Campbell's tomato soup (1 cup)
2 whole grain dinner rolls
Garden salad with ranch dressing

Dessert-
450 calories of halloween candies while watching a horror movie

Last edited by melimomTARDIS; 11-11-2014 at 11:47 AM.

Tags
diary , healthy , meat free , teen , vegetarian

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page