VeggieBoards banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Starting anew

3K views 37 replies 18 participants last post by  Purp 
#1 ·
Hello ,

I been not doing good with my transitions until this week and since my last doctors report I need to cut out alot of things, I am cutting out all meats and some animal products. I am going through recipes tonight and the next few days and eating mostly fruits and veggies and whole grains and beans and legames and other things in that nature.

I have been battleing this for some time now and since I need to make a fast decision how to lose weight, I need to cut out alot of bad stuff. I feel better about this decision before and I am going to take baby steps.

I am proud what decision i am making and my husband is full support of me doing so , i need to do what it takes to get healthy.

#7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacefulveglady View Post

Hello ,
I been not doing good with my transitions until this week and since my last doctors report I need to cut out alot of things, I am cutting out all meats and some animal products. I am going through recipes tonight and the next few days and eating mostly fruits and veggies and whole grains and beans and legames and other things in that nature.
I have been battleing this for some time now and since I need to make a fast decision how to lose weight, I need to cut out alot of bad stuff. I feel better about this decision before and I am going to take baby steps.

I am proud what decision i am making and my husband is full support of me doing so , i need to do what it takes to get healthy.
Good luck this time around and hopefully with your husband being more supportive you'll be successful. I'm also pretty sure I've heard you say you're going to take baby steps in the past, maybe you should throw away the crutches so to speak and take some giant steps this time. At any rate I wish you well.

#9 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacefulveglady View Post

i have not excerised until recently I am slowly starting to walk and getting more active, I think the first excerise will be to finally go through,

our boxes from the move last year. The last few years has been very stressful time for us.
You should absolutely just try to start walking at first. Don't do anything terribly intense. You need not even think of it as exercise. I bet starting to just walk regularly will help you feel less stressed out automatically.

#10 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by dormouse View Post

You should absolutely just try to start walking at first. Don't do anything terribly intense. You need not even think of it as exercise. I bet starting to just walk regularly will help you feel less stressed out automatically.
I second this. Go in the mornings or evenings when it's cool outside and you can have some quiet time. Before you know it, it will feel more like chill time than workout time.
smiley.gif

Good luck! You can do it!

Reactions: Purp
#12 ·
Hello all
I been away for awhile was confused about a few things but, it seems things are under control here and i am just exploring here again , i see a lot of changes… Anyhow , I am happy to report we are officially out of East TN and living in Chicagoland IL area and I am more peaceful then ever before, the move was hectic on us and we gave up our cats as well, we are living without pets for awhile…. I also left the church setting and I am into more peaceful things now… I am going to transit finally soon just had to go through a lot of hurt and trauma the last few years…. I am reading up and getting things squared away….
Peaceful….

#16 ·
Hello all
I been away for awhile was confused about a few things but, it seems things are under control here and i am just exploring here again , i see a lot of changes… Anyhow , I am happy to report we are officially out of East TN and living in Chicagoland IL area and I am more peaceful then ever before, the move was hectic on us and we gave up our cats as well, we are living without pets for awhile…. I also left the church setting and I am into more peaceful things now… I am going to transit finally soon just had to go through a lot of hurt and trauma the last few years…. I am reading up and getting things squared away….
Peaceful….
:hi: Welcome back. I'm glad you are in a much better place right now. Good luck with everything.:nana::vebo:

#15 ·
Hello again! Glad you're back! :hi:

#26 ·
Yes i have both becoming vegertian and becoming vegan books, i got those in 2011 or 2012 when we went too the veggie fest... here ...

Glad to see things are coming around for you! I can relate to the sciatica. It's been an ongoing battle for me for some time, since getting hit by a car on my bike in 2011. I have been in physical therapy off and on and now signed up for a somatic yoga class in January that focuses on sciatica and hip issues. I still exercise a lot but I have to be careful as some things can aggravate it and bring me to my knees. I have a good stamina and endurance but mechanically speaking I am a work in progress lol.

Best wishes to you in the new year!
I am sorry to hear that also and Yes i have improved but afraid it will come back that is why i am making changes and all..

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.