Which Vitamix!? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 05-01-2012, 10:55 AM

I'm in the market for a Vitamix, but there are so many different models!

Which Vitamix works for you? I'm wondering if the Vitamix 1732 would be enough? I would hate to buy the cheaper one, and regret it! Should I go all out and get the big dog?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 05-01-2012, 11:00 AM

Good topic, been thinking about blenders for a while I keep getting stuck between a Vitamix and a Blendtec so any info on the later brand would be great too.
#3 Old 05-01-2012, 11:30 AM

#4 Old 05-01-2012, 04:25 PM

I purchased the Vitamix 5200 a couple of years ago and I still use it on a daily basis for things like green smoothies, oatmilk and blended banana ice cream.
I would definitely go with a variable speed, but I think the quality is so high that you'll probably be happy with any of their models.
#5 Old 05-02-2012, 08:30 PM

I'm sold on the Vitamix. I'm excited - gonna grab one this weekend!
#6 Old 05-03-2012, 04:56 PM

Me too! I've been meaning to do some research on the Vitamix. Thanks for the reminder, I'm excited now too. A new toy!
#7 Old 05-03-2012, 05:09 PM

Vitamix is located in North Olmsted, Ohio and it's expanding!
That's a suburb of Cleveland, and not far from me. They plan on adding an additional 100 jobs! Really exicted.
I have a 3600 plus I bought on Ebay after eyeing them so long. I got very lucky-it seems like it was hardly if ever used. Stickers intact, and clean! From the 80's.

I don't exactly recommend that, but keep watch for sales. QVC often has them discounted with free shipping. I know 4 people to get them in the last year.
#8 Old 05-03-2012, 05:33 PM

OOO- doing a mothers day sale! Till 05/13/12
#9 Old 05-03-2012, 06:40 PM
Ankle Biter

I have a variable speed Turboblend VS. It's still pretty new to me, but wow! it makes the best soups and hummus.

It is our choices that show what we truly are far more than our abilities. ~A. Dumbledore
#10 Old 05-03-2012, 09:44 PM

Okay, I ordered the 1790 CIA Professional. I chose that one because it has a BPA free container. Something to think about if that matters to you. Bed and Bath has free shipping on a different model (I've forgotten the number) but it's jar is made of polycarbonate which contains the dreaded BPA, also it's not the Professional series.

I'm really excited now! Three to eight days for shipping time. Gives me time to figure where I'm going to put it. :-)
#11 Old 05-03-2012, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy View Post

I have a variable speed Turboblend VS. It's still pretty new to me, but wow! it makes the best soups and hummus.

I see this one is BPA free also. It looks like a good one too...why do they have to have so many models to choose from? Grrrrr! This one isn't carried by BB&B.
#12 Old 05-04-2012, 01:44 PM

I got a lesser model and regretted it (I got the one that only has a high and a low speed - TurboBlend 4500) but the only reason I regret it is because I can't make tortilla soup in it as easy as I could if I could turn the speed way down so that some of the beans, tomatoes etc are just cut up some and not pureed like the rest of it.

-Kari, Minnesota mommy, wife and vegetarian. treatyourbodyright.blogspot.com
#13 Old 05-05-2012, 12:30 PM

It was hard deciding between a blendtec and vitamix. I went with a vitamix 5200. Got it reconditioned and saved with a promotion code.

I was going to buy the turboblend to save money but the reconditioned 5200 ended up being a better price.
#14 Old 05-05-2012, 10:48 PM

I have a 3600 I got at a yard sale several years ago for $5.00
-I don't think the man selling it knew what he had.
I don't know about the other models as this is the only one I have experience with but I really like this one.
The variable speed and reverse are very helpful.
The only thing I would change is to eliminate the faucet (not the right word, but you should know what I'm talking about) on the front.
It gets clogged all the time and is of little if any benefit to me. It's just something that I have to work harder to clean.
I especially don't like it if I'm doing something dry, such as nuts, grain, or bread crumbs as it gets packed full.
But overall I'm extremely happy with it.

-My main use is making carrot/orange juice and it works exceptionally well at this (I do get very small carrot pieces as it isn't a filtered juicer, but I like this and feel it's healthier).

I am my own bad companion

#15 Old 05-07-2012, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dropkick View Post

I have a 3600 I got at a yard sale several years ago for $5.00

Wow! $5! Lucky dog!
#16 Old 05-07-2012, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GardenGobbler View Post

Wow! $5! Lucky dog!

I know it!
I had been looking at Vitamixes on eBay for about a week.
Back then they were going for about $120 on eBay and I was trying for a deal. I had bid on a few but lost.
I was driving up to my cousin's house, saw the yard sale and stopped on a whim.
Kismet!

#17 Old 05-17-2012, 02:07 PM

I finally bit the bullet and ordered a Vitamix 5200 Super Package w/the dry blade container from Costco. I hate my current blender, it struggles to make a fruit smoothie when I use frozen bananas and any other kind of frozen fruit at the same time... it's only going to be a matter of time before I kill this blender anyway. The boys are back for the summer and make fruit smoothies all the time too. Gawd I hope I never have to cough up the money for another blender like this, lol.
#18 Old 05-18-2012, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forster View Post

I finally bit the bullet and ordered a Vitamix 5200 Super Package w/the dry blade container from Costco. I hate my current blender, it struggles to make a fruit smoothie when I use frozen bananas and any other kind of frozen fruit at the same time... it's only going to be a matter of time before I kill this blender anyway. The boys are back for the summer and make fruit smoothies all the time too. Gawd I hope I never have to cough up the money for another blender like this, lol.

I know what you mean, I myself had to fork over $15 for a Black and Decker One-Touch Chopper from K-Mart today (I hope to make Hummus quicker and easier).
Sure, some people will say $15 isn't the same as $600, but potato, patato. When you take a wider view of this you'll find yourself asking questions like "What the heck is a patato, and what is he rambling about" and possibly "Why am I wasting my time reading this drivel".

Good luck with your new Vitamix I hope it makes you as happy as mine has me.

#19 Old 05-23-2012, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dropkick View Post

I know what you mean, I myself had to fork over $15 for a Black and Decker One-Touch Chopper from K-Mart today (I hope to make Hummus quicker and easier).
Sure, some people will say $15 isn't the same as $600, but potato, patato. When you take a wider view of this you'll find yourself asking questions like "What the heck is a patato, and what is he rambling about" and possibly "Why am I wasting my time reading this drivel".

Good luck with your new Vitamix I hope it makes you as happy as mine has me.
LOL!

Tags
Vitamix-1782-TurboBlend-2-Speed , Vitamix-1363-CIA-Professional-Series-Platinum , Vita-Mix-1300-TurboBlend-4500 , Vitamix-1723-Professional-Series-200-Onyx , Vitamix-1710-Professional-Series-Brushed-Stainless-Finish

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page