Breakfast! (: - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 09-22-2011, 05:18 PM
Beginner

Breakfast is supposed to be the "most important meal of the day" and I know that if I didn't get my breakfast in the morning, I would be a zombie by lunch time... and, since we have a dinner and lunch thread, why shouldn't we have a breakfast thread too?

I'll start it off:

Bagel and egg sandwich with hot sauce and lettuce on it and a diced pear cup. Drank tea with honey, too, to warm up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-22-2011, 07:18 PM
Beginner

Once again, a McDonald's Oatmeal with fruit and maple, and a large regular coffee. I am addicted to McDonald's oatmeal. That stuff is like breakfast crack.
#3 Old 09-22-2011, 08:21 PM
Beginner

I had an unusual one this morning, due to my boyfriend trying to feed me more than PB+J on toast which is usually the only obvious vegan breakfast at his flat. He made us wraps with grilled veggies, beans, salad leaves and cucumber. Then I had PB+J on toast as well as my wrap anyway haha.
#4 Old 09-23-2011, 04:58 AM
Beginner

"his flat".. I love that. Took me a second to figure out what a "flat" was. That's awesome.

Once again, on the construction site, in the rain, with a belly full of warm oatmeal and coffee. I love it. Being outdoors, the rain, the fresh air.. Life is good.
#5 Old 09-23-2011, 05:47 AM
Beginner

Every morning I have toast with PB, a banana and/or other fruit (this morning it's a plum!), coffee, and water or OJ. I'm a creature of habit
#6 Old 09-23-2011, 05:52 AM
Beginner

If I'm in the office and don't have much time I normally have cereal with rice milk or oat milk or a banana. At the weekend I like a veganised "full english", beans on toast or Spanish "Omelet". Toast and marmalade is also good as is bagels with jam.

Are you sure this is art, not vandalism?
#7 Old 09-23-2011, 05:52 AM
Beginner

we have children at the house today (oh joy), so pumpkin waffles with bananas and apple butter. and cinnamon hazelnut coffee.

Wake up your generation! Wake up and save the nation! Wake up determination! I am afraid we're going down, Afraid we're going down in flames...
#8 Old 09-23-2011, 07:27 AM
Beginner

My standard breakfast today - Oatmeal with raisins, bananas and cinnamon and decaf coffee with soy milk.
#9 Old 09-23-2011, 09:09 AM
Beginner

My standard breakfast is an english muffin (do they just call them "muffins" in the UK?) with smart balance & nutella, and rice milk. Sometimes tea with soy creamer, if I'm feeling daring.
#10 Old 09-23-2011, 09:57 AM
Beginner

I've just been eating watermelon for breakfast the past few days. I'm experimenting with eating more raw foods. The amount that I eat takes care of my vitamin c requirements for the day. I have to make sure it's not too cold when I eat it though, or it hurts my stomach.

"I am a woman of science. At least that's what my horoscope said."
#11 Old 09-23-2011, 03:37 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconbrother View Post

"his flat".. I love that. Took me a second to figure out what a "flat" was. That's awesome.

I didn't even think about that not being an American term. I guess you'd call it an apartment, but when I think of an apartment I think of something more upmarket rather than a student flat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a7dk View Post

My standard breakfast is an english muffin (do they just call them "muffins" in the UK?) with smart balance & nutella, and rice milk. Sometimes tea with soy creamer, if I'm feeling daring.

We call them English muffins too, and muffin is still the cake muffin.

This morning I had cornflakes with soy milk, and an orange.
#12 Old 09-23-2011, 03:52 PM
Beginner

I always have porridge with bananas chopped into it.
#13 Old 09-23-2011, 04:22 PM
Beginner

Had a bagel toasted with hummus and pears. It was good. Coffee with soymilk was yummy too.
#14 Old 09-23-2011, 05:32 PM
Beginner

My usual breakfast is cold cereal (usually Kashi) with freshly chopped fruit on the top . Most of the time strawberries, apples or other types of berries. Also 2 cups of chai with vanilla almond milk. If I'm out of cold cereal I'll have oatmeal with the fruit baked in.
#15 Old 09-23-2011, 06:48 PM
Beginner

My mouth is dry when I ake up so I love cold foods and wet like foods like cereal and yogurt with granola.

I usually have a piece of fruit, or a protein bar as well

Yum.
#16 Old 09-24-2011, 05:09 AM
Beginner

My breakfast is usually two slices of whole wheat toast topped with some kind of vegan cheese or fruit spread and tea. It almost never differs, I just want my toast in the morning lol.

Nothing tastes as good as compassion feels.
#17 Old 09-25-2011, 09:05 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larissa View Post

We call them English muffins too, and muffin is still the cake muffin.

Hmm...thanks. After I found out that Brits called football "American football" I always wondered about that. (Obviously I know UK football is what we call soccer...so confusing!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadeaway1289 View Post

My usual breakfast is cold cereal (usually Kashi) with freshly chopped fruit on the top . Most of the time strawberries, apples or other types of berries. Also 2 cups of chai with vanilla almond milk. If I'm out of cold cereal I'll have oatmeal with the fruit baked in.

Chai with vanilla almond milk? That sounds amazing! I'm going to have to try it.
#18 Old 09-25-2011, 09:23 AM
Boo!

Today, apple pie and Smart Bacon. Black coffee.

"There is more wisdom in the song of a bird, than in the speech of a philosopher...." -Oahspe
"The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time." -Buster Kilrain, The Killer Angels -Michael Shaara
#19 Old 09-25-2011, 11:31 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by a7dk View Post

Chai with vanilla almond milk? That sounds amazing! I'm going to have to try it.

It is!! The chocolate is great too. Chocolate almond chai!!
#20 Old 09-25-2011, 07:55 PM
Beginner

cookies....made homemade chocolate chip cookies and ate a few of those.

peace

LOud & PRoud Veggie-Tari-Jenn~~(KNOT)~~ Vegan and NEVER Will Be.
Be Cents-able...Use Coupons!!~~PEace, LOVe & Beautiful COLORFUL RAinbows!!
#21 Old 09-26-2011, 08:58 AM
Beginner

a packet of raisin-date-walnut oatmeal, 2 pumpkin waffles with sugar free syrup, 2 slices fake bacon, a smallish banana, and a huge pumpkin spice coffee with vanilla soymilk. yay, seasonal coffees.

Wake up your generation! Wake up and save the nation! Wake up determination! I am afraid we're going down, Afraid we're going down in flames...
#22 Old 09-26-2011, 06:34 PM
Beginner

I had crumpets with dairy-free spread and a banana with PB this morning. Yummy.
#23 Old 09-27-2011, 01:57 PM
Beginner

didn't feel good this morning, so skipped it and just had a few cups of black coffee instead.

#24 Old 09-27-2011, 02:41 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconbrother View Post

Once again, a McDonald's Oatmeal with fruit and maple, and a large regular coffee. I am addicted to McDonald's oatmeal. That stuff is like breakfast crack.

I didn't know it was possible for veg*ns to enter a McDonald's restaurant. For some reason, I thought their doors would magnetically repel all veg*ns.

I had my usual week day breakfast today: a cinnamon raisin bagel, hastily pulled out of the freezer and tossed in a plastic bag in my briefcase just before I leave for work, then eaten at my desk at the office, with water from the company water cooler. On days when I'm really tired and feel like I need the caffeine, I'll have a Coke from the soda machine at work instead of the water, but I've been doing a good job of avoiding that lately.

--Fromper
#25 Old 09-27-2011, 05:07 PM
Beginner

a chocolate rice milk and banana smoothie

peace

#26 Old 09-28-2011, 09:10 PM
Beginner

handfull of wheat thins on the go....

peace

#27 Old 09-29-2011, 04:47 AM
Beginner

Hemp Plus granola with vanilla Silk and a glass of orange juice. I tend to eat light breakfasts.
#28 Old 09-29-2011, 06:07 AM
Vegan Very Metal

Ideally, you should eat raw food for breakfast. It should be easier on the stomach than processed foodstuffs, and give you more energy because your internal organs don't have too work as hard processing the nutrients.
#29 Old 09-29-2011, 07:20 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fromper View Post

I had my usual week day breakfast today: a cinnamon raisin bagel, hastily pulled out of the freezer and tossed in a plastic bag in my briefcase just before I leave for work, then eaten at my desk at the office, with water from the company water cooler.

Third day in a row of this. Like I said, it's my usual on work days.

--Fromper
#30 Old 09-29-2011, 07:52 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fromper View Post

I didn't know it was possible for veg*ns to enter a McDonald's restaurant. For some reason, I thought their doors would magnetically repel all veg*ns.

Yea, I have a solution for that.. Drive thru.

Yea, I hit the drive thru because I have to be on the construction site at the crack of dawn (As apposed to Dawn's crack). So, Oatmeal from the Golden Arches is a good solution. I have yet to, nor do I imagine that I ever will, become so self disciplined that I do radical things like, fix oatmeal at home, for cryin out loud. Holy crap! Getting the dogs fed is a major undertaking when even the sun is sleeping in.

One day maybe (not likely) I will become one of those people who have their **** together. For now, (being the major type B personality) I will just do whatever comes next without the added stress of political activity. Unless that political activity involves a Grateful Dead concert. In which case, I will participate, unless it involves a lot of sacrifice and self discipline. Like making my own oatmeal.

My cooking skills pretty much suck. I used to be awesome on the grill. But, the grill sits rusty and unused. Perhaps I will break out the MIG welder and turn it into yard art, or a mail box chicken (mail box formed to resemble a psychotic and criminally insane yard bird).

The best meals I cook involve telling the waiter (and or waitress) what item from the menu I would prefer. Or, peeling back the plastic and setting the time on the microwave. Or, ****,.. that's pretty much it.

So, for now, it's McDonalds crack oatmeal and a large coffee for breakfast. You should try it. It's damn good oatmeal. Get the fruit and maple. My word as a gentleman, it's good for what ails ya.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page