I'd like to talk about pooping... - VeggieBoards

Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 06-06-2011, 03:24 PM
Veggie Regular

So, as of June 1st, I've been vegetarian for four months. One of the first things that I noticed after becoming vegetarian, is that I poop a lot more--often times, twice a day, and sometimes even three or more times. I understand why I'm pooping more often, but is this normal? Should I be concerned?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-06-2011, 03:26 PM

Its normal since I've gone vegan its at least three times a day if not more. Meat clogs your colon where as a plant based diet is easier to digest.

☮ ♥ (: Ⓥ
http://empatheticvegan.tumblr.com/
#3 Old 06-06-2011, 03:27 PM
Banned

I heard once that a healthy person should poop three times a day, so that's perfectly normal that you're going that much. I've noticed I go more since becoming vegan, too. I used to go once every few days, now I go every day. I've been hospitalized many times for stomach issues and I've had constipation issues stemming from this, so this is really great for me that I'm getting healthier as a result of a plant diet.

#4 Old 06-06-2011, 03:27 PM

As long as you're not having any abnormal stomach pain, and your stool looks normal, I wouldn't worry about it. Eating more veggies means that you're probably getting way more fiber in your diet than you used to get - which isn't a bad thing. Just remember to drink plenty of liquids as well. If it continues to bother you or gets worse, you might want to consult your doctor, just in case. Some plants hold more fiber than others, like most leafy greens, broccoli and such. Research which foods have more, then you can determine how much fiber you're getting in a day. You might just have to cut back on some of those things.
#5 Old 06-06-2011, 03:30 PM

What a coincidence - I'd like to talk about pooping, too!

I've said it before: three times a day, every day.
#6 Old 06-06-2011, 03:52 PM

I vary, usually 2-3, sometimes 4. I only pooped once a day before turning to the darkside, back then, twice a day was a very momentous occasion.

Disclaimer: I'm insane.
#7 Old 06-06-2011, 04:14 PM
Vegan Very Metal

At this moment in time I am only dropping a plop once a day, this is because I am on a diet. When I am gaining weight I'll heave about twice a day.

So some people are going 3-4 times a day eh? I don't even turd that much when I'm eating 5000 calories a day!

I only think you should be concerned Spang if you run out of toilet paper!
#8 Old 06-06-2011, 04:23 PM

2-3 times a day here, too. And, most of the time, they're fast and easy. I always cringe when my omni friends go to the bathroom and come out half an hour later - that must HURT.
sheepgomoo likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#9 Old 06-06-2011, 04:34 PM
Veggie Regular

Oh, that's another thing, the poops are quick and painless too, for the most part.
#10 Old 06-06-2011, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeryFairy View Post

2-3 times a day here, too. And, most of the time, they're fast and easy. I always cringe when my omni friends go to the bathroom and come out half an hour later - that must HURT.

Back in the day when I was a hardcore carnivore, I'd go about once a week. I'd be in the bathroom for about 45-60 minutes.

****ing insane.
#11 Old 06-06-2011, 04:55 PM

I've always went 2-3 times a day. I think it's more to do with having a balanced, healthy diet, since there are clearly meat eaters who manage it, too, according to Dr. Oz.
#12 Old 06-06-2011, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbivorous B.I.G. View Post

Back in the day when I was a hardcore carnivore, I'd go about once a week. I'd be in the bathroom for about 45-60 minutes.

****ing insane.

The heck?! I remember a fair bit of time and pain from my omni days, but nothing that bad! Usually about ten minutes, once a day... but then, I ate a reasonable amount of fresh fruit and veg with my meat, so...

an HOUR on the toilet?! REALLY?!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#13 Old 06-06-2011, 05:45 PM

Yay!!! Another poop thread!

As a carnivore, I pooped about twice a week.

Now, it's exactly 1.5 hours after every meal, large snack, or large beverage.
Like very annoying clockwork.

Here's a sticker:
http://www.foodfightgrocery.com/i-m-...ay-sticker-851
natty6 likes this.

Give thanks to Mother Earth for Her greatest gift...

...gravity.

For without it, we would be lost.
#14 Old 06-06-2011, 06:48 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:

Same here

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#15 Old 06-06-2011, 06:51 PM

Quote:

The heck?! I remember a fair bit of time and pain from my omni days, but nothing that bad! Usually about ten minutes, once a day... but then, I ate a reasonable amount of fresh fruit and veg with my meat, so...

an HOUR on the toilet?! REALLY?!

Fruits and veggies were a waste of space. It was all meat, all the time.

It was bad news.
#16 Old 06-06-2011, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazelnut View Post

Yay!!! Another poop thread!

As a carnivore, I pooped about twice a week.

Now, it's exactly 1.5 hours after every meal, large snack, or large beverage.
Like very annoying clockwork.

Here's a sticker:
http://www.foodfightgrocery.com/i-m-...ay-sticker-851

I'm glad I'm not the only one who got all excited over a poop thread

And I think what you consider your annoying pooping clockwork is really impressive and awesome. I'm envious of your poops!!
#17 Old 06-06-2011, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spang View Post

Oh, that's another thing, the poops are quick and painless too, for the most part.

Perfect! That's the way they're meant to be.

m8itcanw8.com
#18 Old 06-06-2011, 08:22 PM
Rat Queen/Mouse Matriarch

I go about once per day and the boyfriend goes 2-3 times per day. We eat the same foods although he needs and eats double the calories. We also have the quick and painless variety.

As an omni kid, I had horrible constipation and stomach aches. Can't believe people can live like that most of their lives. ;_; Ouchies.

I can't abandon the person I used to be, so I carry her.
#19 Old 06-06-2011, 08:25 PM
Ankle Biter

I'm a first thing in the morning vegan. Nothing else, really, unless I'm traveling and off-schedule.

I'm so glad none of you know my real name!

Wait, some of you do....

It is our choices that show what we truly are far more than our abilities. ~A. Dumbledore
#20 Old 06-06-2011, 08:41 PM

What about times? I'm usually tapped out within seconds. Back when omni, sometimes it was a bit of a struggle to get it out...

Disclaimer: I'm insane.
#21 Old 06-06-2011, 09:25 PM

Takes me longer to wash my hands than it does to eliminate.

I have 2-3 effortless eliminations a day usually. Pretty much soon after each time I eat, I need to go!

"Yes! Live! Life's a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" Auntie Mame
#22 Old 06-06-2011, 11:52 PM

I go about once a day. Back in my omni days, though, I used to spend ages reading on the loo while pooping. Now? I don't know, doesn't take me long enough to read :/

▬|████|▬
This is a Nudelholz!
Take it und hau it on
the Kopp of a bekloppt Person
to give a better Gefühl!!
#23 Old 06-07-2011, 06:20 AM

Am I the only one that hangs out on the toilet after a poo?
The poo itself takes mere seconds, but I like to chill out & read for about 15 minutes or so just to let everything...relax.
I find it much easier to clean myself up after I've "rested" on the toilet after a poo.

...gravity.

#24 Old 06-07-2011, 06:36 AM

^^
I always put high-brow reading material like K-mart and Target catalogues on the magazine rack in my toilet with the intention of sitting there a while to read them, but I never do. My BF and visitors to my place seem to sit and read them though.

m8itcanw8.com
#25 Old 06-07-2011, 07:09 AM
Vegan Very Metal

Yes, toilets seem to have a worldwide appeal as reading rooms. I suppose if you're on there for a long time playing the strain game, or just a quick poo and you're through, it's always handy to catch up with a bit of reading.

Magazines would come in handy if you ran out of toilet paper. Probably wipe the smile off your face though.
#26 Old 06-07-2011, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent View Post

Magazines would come in handy if you ran out of toilet paper. Probably wipe the smile off your face though.

Nah...
Magazine pages don't work at all.
If you run out of toilet paper, rip apart that cardboard tube in the center of the old one. You can easily make two "sheets" which will clean you up enough to waddle with your pants around your ankles to get a fresh roll of toilet paper...or find a box of Kleenex, paper towels, picnic napkins, etc...

Just don't try using magazine pages... you'll make a mess on yourself.

...gravity.

#27 Old 06-07-2011, 09:57 AM
Banned

Quote:

The poo itself takes mere seconds, but I like to chill out & read for about 15 minutes or so just to let everything...relax.
I find it much easier to clean myself up after I've "rested" on the toilet after a poo.

I do this, too. I thought I was the only one. :P I sometimes read, but there's ne'er really any magazines in our bathroom, so I just read the backs of labels on the products around the bathroom over and over. I think I'm still just used to when I was an omni and would have to be in the bathroom that long just to poop. It was really painful before, too, but then again I'd never even had a salad in my life, or even some normal vegetables that weren't deep fried or drowned in melted butter.
#28 Old 06-07-2011, 12:03 PM

Quote:

If you run out of toilet paper, rip apart that cardboard tube in the center of the old one. You can easily make two "sheets" which will clean you up enough to waddle with your pants around your ankles to get a fresh roll of toilet paper...or find a box of Kleenex, paper towels, picnic napkins, etc...

m8itcanw8.com
#29 Old 06-07-2011, 12:43 PM

2 - 3 times a day, about 5 minutes each.

It does get annoying though, especially at work. It's like, "really? again? I just went this morning!" Usually try to hold it until I get home for the day. Home pooping is much better than public stall pooping.
#30 Old 06-07-2011, 01:02 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Sometimes I'll sit down to pee just so that I can read.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page