Stupid Things Omnivores Say, Version 5.0 - Page 173 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

#5161 Old 11-23-2012, 07:57 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4everaspirit View Post

That comment would have made me so mad. I would have left the room too and gave them the silent treatment (as I have done with a few friends who said somethings VERY out of line), but first asking them how "useful" they think they really are to society if they want to play that game. Why does it matter how "useful" you are to society, why don't you just matter because you are you?

I just could never entertain the notion that a being has "worth" or "use" in any kind of context. The thought of quantifying and categorizing a life based on it's "usefulness"... it makes my head explode. It makes absolutely zero sense.

Werewolf Girl likes this.

http://holothuroidea0.tumblr.com/

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#5162 Old 11-23-2012, 08:14 PM
gherkin

well, I grew up with the environmental message that I was just a drain on this planet, so I can understand how some people would find the usefulness of something or someone(some animal) important.
If you are going to keep animals then you are going to have to feed them, and that will have some negative environmental impact on this planet.

If I won the lottery, I would like to keep pigs and chickens etc. just to show to myself that they don't need to be exploited to have value.

#5163 Old 11-26-2012, 08:44 AM
Beginner

This past weekend I saw a dead deer strapped to a beige minivan. I thought, "Buddy, shooting all of the deer in the woods isn't  going to make up for that lame-o ride."

Poppy and Werewolf Girl like this.

slops, gloops, and gruels.
#5164 Old 11-26-2012, 09:12 AM
Beginner

Beige... minivan??? Isn't that redundant?

--Fromper
juggle.gif
Poppy likes this.
#5165 Old 11-26-2012, 12:49 PM
Arrrg! Me mateys.

Quote:
Fish is fine for vegetarians because it's considered an alternative not a meat. If you're a vegan though, then you can't eat fish
No no.
Quote:
also just to make sure you have enough proteins, you should occasionally eat some fish and or meat something like once every 5 months or so, just to give yourself a occasional protein and cholesterol shot. Its what my dad does, of course if your very serious about it you can not do it, its just better than taking protein pills and such.
No no no no no NO.
SiberianTigress likes this.

korrakorrakorrakorrakorra
#5166 Old 11-26-2012, 01:00 PM
Beginner

"I think those people [veg*ns] have fooled themselves into believing that what they eat [meat substitutes] tastes like the real thing. That's the only reason I can see why they're able to stick to their diet." dizzy2.gif

#5167 Old 11-26-2012, 01:28 PM
Oryzatarian

Quote:
you should occasionally eat some fish and or meat... to give yourself a occasional protein and cholesterol shot

laugh.gif

I've encountered that before, people who think folks need cholesterol and a fairly large amount of salt. I think the reason is the clumsy way the RDA is structured. Most RDA's refer to the recommended daily intake, but a few refer to the recommended maximum daily intake. However the labels never say that, so people actually think they need cholesterol in their diet and need a fairly large dose of salt every day, year round.

#5168 Old 11-26-2012, 02:56 PM
Beginner

Whereas I just take in a large dose of salt every day because I'm addicted to potato chips.

"Hi, I'm Fromper, and I'm a junk-food-holic."

--Fromper
juggle.gif
Werewolf Girl likes this.
#5169 Old 11-26-2012, 10:12 PM
Super Moderator

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page