VeggieBoards banner

What things vegetarian/vegan have you ordered online?

1K views 22 replies 20 participants last post by  Chillbill 
#1 ·
What things vegetarian or vegan have you ordered online? Food, clothing, activist decals, etc.? What was your experience like?

I just ordered some stuff from this vegan gourmet food site I saw in Vegetarian Times called Gobble Green www.gobblegreen.com. My order consisted of 1 dozen biscuits, 1 whole carrot cake, 1 king pao chicken, lemon fish w/steamed broccoli, portabella and asparagus rice pilaf, 1 sesame tofu & vegetables w/steamed brown rice, and 1 cheese, vegetable & sausage pizza. The order came to $70.69, plus $37.95 for S/H. Yeah, it was expensive but I still wanted to try it. I placed the order on April 14th and received it by UPS today April 22.

The order arrived brown box and was packaged with an ice pack to keep it cold

All the contents were well packaged in vacuum sealed bags

The first thing I wanted to try was the pizza. It was a flat crusted one serving pizza about the size of one of those 4 serving Amy's pizzas you would buy at the store. Following the heating instructions it took about 12 to 15 minutes to prepare and this is how it turned out

Needless to say it was delicious. Just like what you would get from the finest pizzeria's and 100% vegan.

I also ate a slice of the carrot cake. Very good. The only problem I had was having to scape some of the icing out of the bag. I'll be eating everything else in due time. I think it's safe to say that I'll be ordering from them some more, but due to the high shipping cost it won't be to frequent. What about you guys? What have you been ordering?

See less See more
#3 ·
I've never ordered food on line, but some of that stuff sounds yummy.

I usually buy shoes online because I have very hard to fit feet and it is nearly impossible for me to just walk into a store and buy a pair off the shelf that I can actually wear. I'm having a very difficult time finding shoes online too, especially vegan shoes that are made in wide widths, no one seems to want to manufacture the bigger sizes. If anyone knows of a vegan shoemaker that offers size 10D in casual and trendy styles, I would love to know about them.

Other veg*n stuff I order is clothing, purses, electronics, books etc.

#9 ·
Hi,

I've ordered from May Wah Vegetarian Food Inc., in NYC, and the food was really great. I especially loved the citrus "spareribs" and the Eel "frozen grain meal"- Not too fond of the shrimp/fish balls or giant prawns, though.

Quick service, but last time I ordered, one had to order at least $50.00 worth of product to have it delivered.

I should really make another order soon..

VERY wide selection..

http://www.vegieworld.com/

#18 ·
I've bought a vegan belt from Veganessentials.com about 3 or 4 years ago, and it's still my favourite belt today! I've gotten a few food items from there too. Mainly Tofurky Jerky and a few other things that I can't remember. In all I've probably ordered from them 2 or 3 times. I just browse the site sometimes and wish I could order everything, but shipping costs quite a bit to Canada.

#21 ·
I buy lots of stuff online. I order my grocery shopping online every fortnight and it is so much easier and time saving than going shopping. I have ordered from Veganstore and Animal Aid a few times for luxury items like vegan chocolates and sweets. We order most things online including vitamins, clothes and shoes. I do like to go and look around charity shops for clothes too and I usually go into Holland & Barrett (health food shop) to pick up vegan snacks.

#23 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeryFairy View Post

Could you please let me know how you find the lemon "fish"... I had a look at the website and really wanted to order some.
It was pretty good. Heated up two biscuits to go along with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitChick99 View Post

I've ordered from www.veganessentials.com a few times. Shipping prices are not bad.
That was the first site I ever shopped from. Good experiences with them. As soon as they get some more Vegan French Toast Mix by Mom's Vegan Kitchen back in stock I'll be placing an order with them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.